Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
TruCenter for 09 Tour

When traveling in cross wind conditions, the coach requires constant pressure on the wheel. This is also true on crowned roads. This is very uncomfortable after several hours. Has any one installed the Trucenter to address these problems? If so, with what results. I have rotated the front tires and had the front end aligned. Living in west Texas wind is a constant factor so help with these problems will be greatly appreciated.
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newk72 View Post
When traveling in cross wind conditions, the coach requires constant pressure on the wheel. This is also true on crowned roads. This is very uncomfortable after several hours. Has any one installed the Trucenter to address these problems? If so, with what results. I have rotated the front tires and had the front end aligned. Living in west Texas wind is a constant factor so help with these problems will be greatly appreciated.
I had a Tru-Center installed on my 38 Safari Cheetah. It works in both the wind and for crowned roads. You can straighten the wheel and hit the button and it will hold without additional force. It is strange at first, because it is like the MH is pulling in the opposite direction. In cross winds it works the same and if you pass or are passed by a large vehicle, it prevents the jerk when the wind is not blocked or starts again.

The other great advantage is safety in case you drop a tire off the pavement (easy in many parts of Texas with no berms on the roads) or have a front blowout. I like mine and would do it again.

Just a note, if you do like I did and play with it before you totally read the directions, you can burn out the solenoid by holding it down to long. It should be the first thing in the instructions.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think you will be very pleased with the function of the Tru Center.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #4

I have a 2008 Tour and considered the Tru Center, but it was not yet available. I ended up with the Steer Safe unit. This seems to help keep things from wandering, but cannot adjust on the fly for crosswinds. Let me know if you put a Tru Center on your Tour -- I would like to see how it works out.

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote