Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2021, 05:47 PM   #1

Upgrading headlights on a 2004 Brave

I currently have the stock headlamps in the unit. I am wanting to upgrade the headlamps to something a bit (a whole lot) brighter. So many choices and not enough experience in making a sound choice. I have the stock 7 3/8 x 5 inch rectangle style lights. No way to change the physical size, just want a brighter light. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance for their assistance.
bravewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #2

Sound like the same headlights that I had in my 1984 Plymouth Reliant . there were many aftermarket suppliers back in the day .

I'll see if any are still around .

EDIT : I believe your issue may revolve around your measurement , If you search for 7x5 replacements you'll find a bunch .

Do you have any number off your existing headlights.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
If they are old style sealed beam headlights, you only have a couple choices. Here's one.

https://www.grote.com/white-light/fo...am-headlights/
Old 09-27-2021, 08:26 PM   #4

Also check out headlightrevolution.com. What ever you choose make sure they have DOT cast into the headlight. There are many sellers out there but they may not be DOT approved. My 2000 has the 4 headlight system and had the same problem. I done the relay setup with a direct wire from the battery. That has made a big difference but have not driven with them at night yet.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #5

Goggle HELLA.COM good choices.. hid light upgrade kits.. good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 09-28-2021, 12:45 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravewarrior View Post
I currently have the stock headlamps in the unit. I am wanting to upgrade the headlamps to something a bit (a whole lot) brighter. So many choices and not enough experience in making a sound choice. I have the stock 7 3/8 x 5 inch rectangle style lights. No way to change the physical size, just want a brighter light. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanking everyone in advance for their assistance.
I like my Sylvania silverstars.
Much brighter.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:18 AM   #7

Hella 003427811 are 7x5 H4 headlights. 55 watt low beam, 60w high. The bulbs are replaceable, so you could put a higher watt bulb in, like 55/100w, or any combination thatís offered.

With the higher watt bulbs you might need to run a relay. The wires, bulb connector or low/high beam switch could melt.

I used some in an 89 Trans Am and they were much brighter than the sealed beams. I used the 55/60w bulb it came with without any problems.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
I like my Sylvania silverstars.
Much brighter.

Yes Sylvania/Osram Silverstars are the easy and inexpensive way to go and you maintain the clarity and longevity that comes from having a lamp with a glass lens instead of the coated plastic that develops cataracts after a short time.

Be very wary of many of the new plastic replacement LED out there that are sized to replace sealed beams as many are not street legal and only for off-road use or rated as auxiliary fog lamps and not driving lamps. Watch out for Internet Bargains coming from offshore suppliers too since many of those are not FCC certified and have been found to cause interference that can block emergency communications such as Fire, Ambulance and Police along with cell phones and marine radio.

Tags
brave, headlight, headlights, light, lights