RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Exclamation Upper Bolt Lock - No Keys Fit

We just bought a used 2002 Winnie Adventurer 32V, picked her up today, started the clean and organize and lists of stuff n junk we will need.

i know on other RV's, the upper bolt lock is a completely diff key, and it seems the previous 2 owners during their reign lost that key - who or what or how do I either get keys made, or get new upper locks? Locksmith? RV place? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I searched the forum and it seems most have bad locks and sticky keys, I could not find a thread on if there are no keys... at least I tried.

TIA for any assistance.
ChristoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 PM   #2

1-you might try calling Winnebago Tech Support. provide them the chassis VIN and maybe they can provide some info or referral

2-contact a locksmith and see if he can cut a key for you

3-live without the deadbolt
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
1-you might try calling Winnebago Tech Support. provide them the chassis VIN and maybe they can provide some info or referral

2-contact a locksmith and see if he can cut a key for you

3-live without the deadbolt
1. tried - had to call a dealer - they can only sell me a new latch with new keys.

2. Did - if i can remove the lock and take to them, they think they can fix it - need to read up on how to remove latch and locks I guess...

3. can't - too many thieves.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristoRV View Post
1. tried - had to call a dealer - they can only sell me a new latch with new keys.

2. Did - if i can remove the lock and take to them, they think they can fix it - need to read up on how to remove latch and locks I guess...

3. can't - too many thieves.
sounds like option 2 (almost wrote #2...lol) is your best option. is it a tri-mark lock?
Old 09-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #5

Does the lock have a number on it? If so a locksmith should be able to cut a key from the number. If there is no number you will have to take the cylinder to the locksmith or have him come out. In either case, get the numbers for all of your locks (they should be on the keys if you have the original keys) and write them down. If the locksmith has the key blank and the number they don't need the key to cut a new key. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was able to get extra keys for my Winnies straight from Trimark, if they made the locks on yours Iíd 2nd the idea of calling them direct.

TriMark Service & Replacement Parts
1970 N. Linn Ave., Whse L
New Hampton, IA 50659
Toll Free:1-800-431-8616
Phone: 1-641-394-4619
Fax: 1-641-394-1515
Email:trimarkparts@trimarkcorp.com
Old 09-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
sounds like option 2 (almost wrote #2...lol) is your best option. is it a tri-mark lock?
I think so, seems that has been the consensus... I called them today, left a VM with my contact info, have not heard back yet, I will try and call them again tomorrow... gonna get my nag on.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaguy View Post
Does the lock have a number on it? If so a locksmith should be able to cut a key from the number. If there is no number you will have to take the cylinder to the locksmith or have him come out. In either case, get the numbers for all of your locks (they should be on the keys if you have the original keys) and write them down. If the locksmith has the key blank and the number they don't need the key to cut a new key. Good luck.
None of the ones I called today will touch an RV as far as coming out and removing the lock cylinder... but they said if I brought it in to them, they think they can key it or change the cylinder... I tried to remove it myself, I could not figure out how to get the assembly out from door...

No numbers on the locks....
Old 09-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
I was able to get extra keys for my Winnies straight from Trimark, if they made the locks on yours Iíd 2nd the idea of calling them direct.

TriMark Service & Replacement Parts
1970 N. Linn Ave., Whse L
New Hampton, IA 50659
Toll Free:1-800-431-8616
Phone: 1-641-394-4619
Fax: 1-641-394-1515
Email:trimarkparts@trimarkcorp.com
Thanks! My thunk as well... I tried calling them today, just got a VM... left my contact info... I will try again tomorrow... (fingers crossed)
Old 09-18-2020, 04:42 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
There are a limited number of Tri Mark locks (and keys);used on RV’s. Go back to your selling dealer, get with the salesman who sold you the RV and have him grab a handful of keys that fit similar Tri Mark locks on the different vehicles. I’ll bet you find a key that fits your lock. Go from there.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I just replaced my entry door and 3 luggage compartment locks due to a break in. I took the door lock to a lock smith who couldn't replace the lock. Got new locks from Trimark, $145.oo for door entry door, $56.00 each for luggage doors.
Removing entry door is easy. Check out on YouTube. You'll need the number off of the lock b/4 Trimark can help you. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
There are a limited number of Tri Mark locks (and keys);used on RVís. Go back to your selling dealer, get with the salesman who sold you the RV and have him grab a handful of keys that fit similar Tri Mark locks on the different vehicles. Iíll bet you find a key that fits your lock. Go from there.
and failing that maybe tri-mark can send you one of each.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:51 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
There are a limited number of Tri Mark locks (and keys);used on RVís. Go back to your selling dealer, get with the salesman who sold you the RV and have him grab a handful of keys that fit similar Tri Mark locks on the different vehicles. Iíll bet you find a key that fits your lock. Go from there.
Bought from private seller...
Old 09-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
and failing that maybe tri-mark can send you one of each.
Tri mark was no help.. :(

Found a dealer who has blank bolt lock keys though... so now I just need to find a locksmith who can replicate one for the tumbler... if I can remove the lock from the door latch...