Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #1

Valve Stem Extensions E450 Dually

The valve stem for the outside tire is configured such that almost impossible to check pressure and certainly not fill. What valve extensions have others used to alleviate the problem.
gary Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #2

Our outside tire stem on the dualies was okay, but the flexible stem on the inside rear tire was not easily accessible. We took our Class A to a truck & tire facility in Phoenix. They replaced the flexible stems with stainless steel stems (not extenders, but full replacements). Works fine.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No extensions.
Long dually one piece valve stems instead.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
No extensions.
Long dually one piece valve stems instead.
Ford E350/E450 long tire stems: https://buytruckwheels.com/products/...stem-extension
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #5

I just put new tires on my E450 class C. I put 5 1/2 straight valve stems on my inner dually's that I got from Napa for $8 each.
The outside tires are not that hard to fill if you have the correct tool.
I also installed a TPMS system on my rig so hopefully I won't have to air them up often.
This is the inflator you need,
$20 amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DXY49V6...roduct_details
kwftlaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #6

What TPMS did you purchase? Who installed it?
glamping4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:20 PM   #7

I have the Alcoa Aluminum outer rims on my E450. If you have the steel Ford rims outer rims your experience will not be the same. The different wheels have different size access holes as well as using a type/diameter of valve stems.

With a dual foot air extension, available on Amazon, my outside duals were serviceable but a constant hassle, I also wanted an aftermarket TPMS system. Not possible/practicable with OEM style valve stems. My brother gave me a set of Phoenix brand braided extensions that are used on his commercial trucks. They seemed to be well made but would not fit my 16" rims since they were sized and bent to accommodate the 19.5" rims.

I ordered the correct Phoenix braided extensions from Amazon only to determine that I was not able to use them on one side because a previous tire installed had replaced that outer valve stem with a valve stem that was slightly longer than the one that did fit.

Since my current tire installer did not have the correct valve stem, I had to order the correct valve stem from "YourTireSupplyStore" to install to make it work.

The Phoenix braided hoses have worked well for a year. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought the braided hoses and just went with the one piece Dually valve stems available from "YourTireSupplyStore".

Good luck
Your results may vary
myfirstford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 11:35 PM   #8

I went with 2 different TPMS that work on my android phone. I wanted it to alert me by voice, over my sound system.
I'm not 100% happy with the set up I have as I can only set my high pressor setting to 95 PSI. I don't think this will be high enough. But I only have $50 invested so I hope I can find an app that can go higher than that. I have found one called Multiwheel but I haven't found any sensors to work with it yet.
So all in all I got 6 new tires , new 5 1/2 inch extensions on the inside dually's, rubber inserts to keep them in place, and 6 TPMS sensors that work on my cell phone.
Total cost about $900 for all of it installed.
kwftlaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:23 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
TPMS

We have Tire Minder TPMS. We have a 2015 Sunseeker on a E450 SD cutaway. Tire Minder has alerted me to a blowout, a Slow leak and a valve stem leak that was intermittent. Easy DIY install.
ladaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:53 PM   #10

If you are going to get a dual head inflator please go to your local auto supply and get one that is made by Milton. if you run across me on the road I will gladly give you the one I have that was made in China. The Milton was some like $13 and it actually works, the $7 Chinese one doesn't. Your money your choice.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e450, valve