Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #381
DMA
Winnebago Camper

I learned about the situation from V/N Forums. Ours started acting up as follows:
Coach lock eventually wouldn't respond to fob. I used the keys. Then the cab locks wouldn't respond to fob. Even the dash lock button wouldn't lock the doors. Had to operate manually.
If it happens to you, call Winnebago Customer service. They will send you the advisory notice and describe the remedy. It takes a trip to a Winnebago/Navion dealer and a trip to a MB Sprinter Shop.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #382
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info DMA. Our locks just started acting up on our trip to Maine. Because of this thread, I believe I have an idea of what the problem is!

On another note, we developed quite a leak around the skylight vent (collected a quart in a pan overnight!) and a drip from the fresh water tank. Our coach door latch won't stay adjusted, so it's difficult to close securely and squeaks on the road. We replaced the LP regulator on this trip, but the problem turned out to be liquid in the lines. Not sure how that got there as we had been regularly using the LP for heat, hot water, refrigerator, and occasionally for the generator. Good news was we paid only $43 Canadian for the labor to change it out. Bargain!

All in all, we're not complaining, it all comes with having a house on wheels.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #383
Winnebago Camper

Tire Valves

Never thought to look at the tire valves on our new 2017 Navion.
Front isn't a problem an yet they have a flow thru cap on those.
The outside rear duels are OK but come with a standard cap which
needs to be removed for fill.
The inside duels have a standard stem with standard cap.
I can't even reach it to remove the cap.
What I see as my options is to remove the tires and install metal
extensions (straight for the inside and bent ones for the outside)
or replace the valves completely with proper ones.
I have a set of TST flow through TPMS from my Excursion that I would like to reuse but can't as they are.
Also thinking of purchasing the internal TST models if they can be specified
so I can reach them for fill.
I believe in rotating my tires but by installing valves either longer for insides or bent for outsides how do you properly rotate
Winnebago must not feel that you will ever need to fill the tires with air.
Have looked at the DuallyValve Valve Stems # DL1SPAA for the rears which would allow me to use the existing TPMS system although rotating would be limited

What have others done to solve this problem??
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:24 PM   #384
Winnebago Camper

I used Dually Valve steel extenders and Crossfire pressure equalizers. Been great so far.
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:45 AM   #385
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Liquid in the lines = overfilled and propane in liquid state and perhaps in combination oil in the regulator.
We were overfilled once. Bled off the excess propane but the regulator still needed to be replaced as it was loaded with the mercaptin oil, $150 USD later....middle of nowhere AZ.

FYI there is a recall on propane hoses. You should contact Winnebago Industries and see if your is affected. Likely it is.

https://rv-pro.com/news/winnebago-re...faulty-lp-hose
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #386
Winnebago Camper

Ok we are thinking about a sun wind screen for our 24V
But looking at the GROOVE on the canopy I don't see enough room to slide items down the groove line

What is missing
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #387
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE=DMA;3147584]
FYI there is a recall on propane hoses. You should contact Winnebago Industries and see if your is affected. Likely it is.

Thanks, had the propane line replaced last month before our trip. Interestingly, the problem with the liquid in the lines existed both before and after the HP propane line was replaced, hence my belief that the regulator was the culprit. At least I now have a spare regulator.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:42 PM   #388
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasters View Post
Ok we are thinking about a sun wind screen for our 24V
But looking at the GROOVE on the canopy I don't see enough room to slide items down the groove line

What is missing
Plz explain what you are planning?
Sun/Wind screen
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #389
Winnebago Watcher

Compartment door paddle latch

I have a new to me 2006 View. the compartment door latch has sprung a spring. But seriously it will not lock. I have removed the three screws on rear plate and found a small spring. It has come off the lock portion not sure how it goes back on. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. there is a you tube on this but no fix https://youtu.be/KAKOWlMZW7E Can someone help Thank you.
DIZZY006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #390
Winnebago Camper

Equalizer System

has anyone installed the Stabl-Lite Electric stabilizer system by Equalizer Systems of Elkhart.
I like the price and the install looks easy although I want to look over the clearance when stowed.
I have yet to see a weight rating for the units although I realize they are for taking the bounce out only which is all I want.
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #391
Winnebago Watcher

We have spent some time looking at the View 24V as we seem to like the twin bed arrangement. I noticed 2 metal loop/hangers attached to the ceiling at the bedroom entry. Is that for a privacy curtain? Does it come with a curtain? If not, has anyone added one? Has anyone done anything to allow the bathroom door to be opened outward and held in place?
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #392
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
I have a set of TST flow through TPMS from my Excursion that I would like to reuse but can't as they are.
I believe in rotating my tires but by installing valves either longer for insides or bent for outsides how do you properly rotate
Have looked at the DuallyValve Valve Stems # DL1SPAA for the rears which would allow me to use the existing TPMS system although rotating would be limited

I use duallyvalves as well, and don't worry about rotating as my tires have always aged out with plenty of tread still on them. A good alignment and attention to tire pressures will help with even tread wear. I had my view aligned when it had 1200 miles on it and fully loaded. The alignment from the factory was way out of whack, so don't assume that because it's a new coach that any attention was paid to the alignment.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #393
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
We have spent some time looking at the View 24V as we seem to like the twin bed arrangement. I noticed 2 metal loop/hangers attached to the ceiling at the bedroom entry. Is that for a privacy curtain? Does it come with a curtain? If not, has anyone added one? Has anyone done anything to allow the bathroom door to be opened outward and held in place?
We have a 24V, yes those are for the curtain that does come with the coach. I hooked it up to see how it worked, took it down and it hasn't been used since. It's really a goofy setup, but it would do the job if needed I suppose. How much privacy do you really have in a 24' motorhome😀
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #394
Winnebago Owner

If the windshield isn't covered but you want to do a quick change of clothes I could see the use for the curtain. But if you have to hang it up each time you use it that certainly makes it inefficient to use. In our View J the curtain hangs permanently and is held with a tie back.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #395
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

No. SO. FAST! Dually valves are the hot tip. BUT!!! You need to check the holes in the wheels!!!!! There is a grommet to hold the stem in position....16" steel wheels on late model sprinters have ROUND holes. You need DL1SP16. ALCOA aluminum wheels take a different model....
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:51 AM   #396
Winnebago Owner

Yes, you get a curtain. It was in the closet when we got ours.....it was still in the closet when we sold the rig, 37K miles & 24 months later.

PS we spent about 250 nights in our 24V.....all were good nights, none of them bad.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:02 AM   #397
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

We got a short rubber hose in our delivery packet....I put it on the valve cap, spun the cap off. I used a small air gauge (not just any air gauge) to get a reading. Then I used a Harbor freight air filler with a gauge , a trigger , & a flexible hose filler.

It takes a little while to master the regimen, but the exposure to problems with dually extensions makes extensions not such a good idea.

PS: take those hubcaps off.....leave them home. You can paint the rear wheels pretty easily, and the front wheels have the MB hubcaps on them.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #398
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
How much privacy do you really have in a 24' motorhome😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
If the windshield isn't covered but you want to do a quick change of clothes I could see the use for the curtain.
Realize that you're not going to get much privacy in 24ft...but we do like to keep the front windows open to see whats going on and to see the view. Quick shower or change of clothes, or one of us wants to retire for the evening before the other is ready. All our previous coaches have had the capability to seal off the bedroom from the front windows if needed.

How about extra storage? I saw a View last week with a apparatus on the rear hitch receiver to accommodate additional storage. It had a couple of SUPs and a kayak on it. Any good storage solutions readily available?
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #399
Winnebago Camper

B R Curtain

Quote:
Yes there was a curtain in our delivered package, we don't use it however...we also use a small trash can to keep the bathroom door partially opened at night, to give some privacy and easy access for overnight bathroom visits,,,,
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #400
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
How about extra storage? I saw a View last week with a apparatus on the rear hitch receiver to accommodate additional storage. It had a couple of SUPs and a kayak on it. Any good storage solutions readily available?
There are lots of options for extra storage, but we were surprised by how much we could leave at home and not miss. There are a number of devices that connect to the rear hitch, from platforms that can be used to lash stuff down to totally enclosed storage pods that provide weather and theft protection. The enclosed storage can be pricey. For our trip to Alaska we stowed two folding bikes under the bed of our "J" model View, and kept the toad basically empty or nearly so.