Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #401
Winnebago Camper

I am curious if the Mercedes wheel controls work in the 2016/2017 View or Navion? Does the Bluetooth functionality work?

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2014 RAM 1500 Quad Cab Ecodiesel Toad
2013 Scion XB Toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forumk
Old 07-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #402
Winnebago Camper

We're buying our first motor home and we're stretching a bit to get what we believe will be the right unit for many many years. We ordered a 2017 View and in the finance office at the dealer, we were offered a 6 year bumper-to-bumper warranty for just over $8300. That seems steep but what do I know. Should we run away from that option or would it be wise to consider it?
Canyonlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #403
Winnebago Camper

We purchased a 4 year service contract from Wholesale Warranty over 3 years ago and it cost half of what you were quoted. Our unit was used with no warranties and is a diesel pusher. We have made claims against it and they stood behind those promise. Shop around.

2013 Scion XB Toad

Old 07-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #404
Winnebago Camper

Run as fast as you can ��
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #405
Winnebago Watcher

What did you get for it if I may ask? Private buyer or trade in?
OhioJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #406
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
We're buying our first motor home and we're stretching a bit to get what we believe will be the right unit for many many years. We ordered a 2017 View and in the finance office at the dealer, we were offered a 6 year bumper-to-bumper warranty for just over $8300. That seems steep but what do I know. Should we run away from that option or would it be wise to consider it?
Have you ever lived in a motorhome before? If not, then consider that you won't really know what you want and need until you've spent at least a few weeks or months in one. My guess would be that first time buyers are ready to upgrade or trade within 2-3 years. The Mercedes warranty will cover most drivetrain issues for that long (I think it's 3 years/36,000 miles). So what you're insuring is the appliances, such as a/c, fridge, furnace, etc. $8,300 would be a high price to cover those items. JMHO.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #407
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
We have a 24V, yes those are for the curtain that does come with the coach. I hooked it up to see how it worked, took it down and it hasn't been used since. It's really a goofy setup, but it would do the job if needed I suppose. How much privacy do you really have in a 24' motorhome��
First the curtain, we use it every night, Joyce goes to bed before I'd and it allows us to have two seperate living spaces.

Second the valve stems, there is a tool (small rubber hose) in the glove box to remove the caps to check and fill tires. When you buy a tire gauge to check pressure and fill buy the straight dual foot inflator with gauge. You can reach both inside and out side. It is easiest to remove the rear tire cover but I have done it without.

Third tire rotation, you can move the outer back to front with no changes except pressure.

Most important thing to do when you take delivery is to load it the way you use it and have tire alignment. The toe in will be out of spec. from the factory for sure and you will feather the inside of the front tires if you don't do the alignment.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #408
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
Have you ever lived in a motorhome before? If not, then consider that you won't really know what you want and need until you've spent at least a few weeks or months in one. My guess would be that first time buyers are ready to upgrade or trade within 2-3 years. The Mercedes warranty will cover most drivetrain issues for that long (I think it's 3 years/36,000 miles). So what you're insuring is the appliances, such as a/c, fridge, furnace, etc. $8,300 would be a high price to cover those items. JMHO.
This is our first motorhome but we've had 5 prior RVs. Bigger as well as smaller. The View is likely our ideal point along the size scale. We're going to pass on the extended warranty at this time. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #409
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
First the curtain, we use it every night, Joyce goes to bed before I'd and it allows us to have two seperate living spaces.

Thanks, that is usually our situation as well. I was kind of surprised that there was no accordion door or some such between the BR and the living area.

Speaking of accordion doors.. the shower door seems very flimsy. Are folks actually using it or did you add a shower curtain instead?
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #410
Winnebago Camper

Har yes we do use the shower door, it does the job but it does get a little tight. I would recommend doing a dry run before your first use, my wife got locked in there on our first outing I do like the curved shower curtain mod some folks have done.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:45 PM   #411
Winnebago Owner

Basic limited Warrantee 3yr or 36,000
Diesel engine limited Warrantee 5yr or 100,000
Engine Limited Warranty:
• cylinder block and all internal parts
• cylinder head assemblies
• core plugs
• fuel injection pump & injectors
• gaskets and seals for listed components
• intake and exhaust manifold
• oil pan
• oil pump
• timing gear drive belts and/or chains
and cover
• turbocharger housing and internal
parts
• valve covers
• water pump and housing
C. When It Begins
The Diesel Engine Limited Warranty begins on either of the following dates, whichever is earlier:
• the date you take delivery of the vehicle;
or
• the date when the vehicle was first put into service as a dealer“ demo” or as a company vehicle of the vehicle distributor.

Extended Warranties rarely pay off, my 2 cents.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #412
Winnebago Watcher

I just got a new to me 2009 Winnebago View 24H and wanted to know when the house ibatteries are being charged? Are batteries being charged when the engine is running? Are batteries being charged when the unit is plugged into 30amp power. Do I need to leave the house battery switch (next to steps) in the "On" position for them to gt charged.

Thanks in advance
agc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #413
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc23 View Post
I just got a new to me 2009 Winnebago View 24H and wanted to know when the house ibatteries are being charged? Are batteries being charged when the engine is running? Are batteries being charged when the unit is plugged into 30amp power. Do I need to leave the house battery switch (next to steps) in the "On" position for them to gt charged.

Thanks in advance
Congrats on the new View and best wishes for many fun miles!

I had a 2011 and currently own a 2015 View. On those models the house batteries are being charged while the engine is running or when plugged into 30 amp power, as long as the batteries are "ON". If they are not ON then I don't believe they will charge from either source. The general rule is to leave the house batteries on when the unit is in use and turn them off only when it is in storage.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #414
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the quick response.

I was thinking of changing the jack knife sofa, not sure if it's the design of the sofa but I feel like I'm rolling off every time I lay on it. Thinking of putting a couple of support legs so that it's not fully extended.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #415
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by agc23 View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

I was thinking of changing the jack knife sofa, not sure if it's the design of the sofa but I feel like I'm rolling off every time I lay on it. Thinking of putting a couple of support legs so that it's not fully extended.
A number of people have felt the same way and they have had the sofa removed and replaced with dual recliners. You may find more information of the Facebook page of View/Navion. As a new owner I'm sure you could request admittance to the group or send me your e-mail address and I'll make the request.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #416
Winnebago Watcher

Unfortunately we can't replace the sofa with a recliner cause we need to be able to sleep on it. I couldn't find the Facebook page for View/Navion owners. Do you have the link.

I'll also send you my email
Old 07-20-2016, 06:02 AM   #417
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
I am curious if the Mercedes wheel controls work in the 2016/2017 View or Navion? Does the Bluetooth functionality work?

2013 Scion XB Toad

I have a 2016, I use BT with both Android and Apple devices. Both seem to work fine and the wheel controls, while basic do work with the infotainment center. BT connections also work with the Jensen unit in the coach.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #418
Winnebago Camper

DEF

Walmart also carries a gallon container of DEF . I carry that because when my DEF light came on the 1st time on my 2014 Navion I had to look in the book to see what to do . I bought the 2 1/2 gallon box and found out the hard way it didn't take all of it and I had some spillage . hearing how corrosive it is by the gallon is easier to use . Also never take it in to Mercedes with the light on as they will top it off and charge you at least triple .

Has any Navion / View owners had speed sensor Problems . I had two blow out on me.
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:31 AM   #419
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
Walmart also carries a gallon container of DEF . I carry that because when my DEF light came on the 1st time on my 2014 Navion I had to look in the book to see what to do . I bought the 2 1/2 gallon box and found out the hard way it didn't take all of it and I had some spillage . hearing how corrosive it is by the gallon is easier to use . Also never take it in to Mercedes with the light on as they will top it off and charge you at least triple .

Has any Navion / View owners had speed sensor Problems . I had two blow out on me.
Yes, on the wheel sensor issue. I had both rears replaced....1 at 24K miles, the other at 37K miles (MB covered it under warranty)
Old 07-21-2016, 06:36 AM   #420
Winnebago Camper

View Shower Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
Thanks, that is usually our situation as well. I was kind of surprised that there was no accordion door or some such between the BR and the living area.

Speaking of accordion doors.. the shower door seems very flimsy. Are folks actually using it or did you add a shower curtain instead?
We had the same thoughts initially about the shower door.......BUT it works perfectly well, no need for a curtain, also remember you're not in the Hilton...
seahenry is offline   Reply With Quote