Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnason View Post
Sorry for the delayed response. I was on an 11-week coast-to-coast trip. I decided to not mess with the installation. I bought a Fridge Defend https://www.arprv.com/index.php and had it installed professionally. It worked very well in the many over 90 degrees days. I had one issue with a large and small wire not connecting well. The support from Paul Unmack at ARP was outstanding.

Not a problem, I fixed my problem soon after I made my post. You have the same configuration as I do. The baffle can't be removed because it's screwed into the outside wall on the bottom edge, which can't be accessed without removing the fridge.

The problem is however the installation of the baffle. Norcold specifies that the top of the baffle should be level with the bottom of the condenser coils and there should be no more than 1/4 " between the top of the baffle and the lower corner of the condenser. Our baffles are mounted much higher than that and mine had a 1" gap between the top and the side of the condenser. This allowed a large volume of air to bypass the condenser. I removed the screws on the sides of the baffle, added a piece of 2X3 on the left side and moved it within 1/8" of the condenser. The attached photos show the new mounting position and the old mounting holes. Now, MUCH more air passes through the condenser from the fan located just below the condenser.

BTW, I read the information on the Fridge Defender and I didn't read where it does anything to improve the cooling. It sounds like something to prevent fires in the boiler due to overheating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210927_141726.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	345987   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210927_141744.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	345988  

oakprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakprk View Post

BTW, I read the information on the Fridge Defender and I didn't read where it does anything to improve the cooling. It sounds like something to prevent fires in the boiler due to overheating.
You can get two outside fans which increase the airflow thus helping to cool. And you can get two small fans inside which circulate the air and keep the fins from freezing.
nnason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, install, norcold, refrigerator