Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Want to add a vent fan looking for a hot wire?

We have a Vista 27-PE. the 2nd vent in the roof did not come with a power vent only the bathroom has a fan.
I found an insert assy to add a fan in the existing opening. There are no power lines near the opening that I can find. I removed the vent assy hoping there was a unused 12volt line in the roof space but no luck.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a 12 volt feed near this location.
I was thinking I could jump from the bathroom fan power line across the roof and pass it into the 2nd vent.
I really don't want a wire running outside across the roof. Install has to look good and not shade tree mechanic looking.
Mikee

10/18/19 Dutch has passed but still travels with us in our hearts :(
mikee409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Is there a light near the vent location? You can poke through the ceiling foam insulation with a straightened metal coat hanger to pull a wire.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
Is there a light near the vent location? You can poke through the ceiling foam insulation with a straightened metal coat hanger to pull a wire.
X2 on John's suggestion. That's what one of the PO's did on my rig. It does seem a little odd that I need to turn on the BR overhead light to make the fantastic fan run but it's not problem; i.e., if I want the fan on but not the light, I just shut the light off via its switch at the light fixture on the ceiling.

Good luck on your project.

Stay safe.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:18 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
While you are at it, down load the wiring and plumbing diagrams on the Winnebago web site. That is where you find out if there is existing wiring for what you want to do and besides all those schematics come in handy for trouble shooting issues also.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Supergewl/ John Hilly

Those elec. diagrams didn't help me. I already did that.

John, no light that close, that's a good thought tho.
Mikee

10/18/19 Dutch has passed but still travels with us in our hearts :(
mikee409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike

What you need is a " ceiling diagram" for your coach. Call Winn and ask them to send you one. It displays all of the routes in the ceiling and with the wiring diagram, you should be able to find a solution.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, vent