Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2020, 08:37 PM   #1

Want to buy a new Winnebago? 2yr waiting list.

RV business article here: https://rvbusiness.com/want-to-buy-a...-waiting-list/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 09:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
so buy a few shares...? DWs been telling me this for a couple decades. Guess now more than ever....
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Good time to sell used!
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:29 AM   #4

So who's buying all these? They say we are in a depression. It will be interesting to see how it goes in a year or two years.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:41 AM   #5

Sorry, I did not read the article.

The question was who is buying these, that is only half of the problem.

First many people have canceled other activities which saved them money, some got the government checks, and some just financed them out thinking about today and not the future.

The other big problem is supply and demand. My brother is a manager at a boat manufacture and we were talking about this last night. He said production is set up to build 20 boats per week. With current demand he could easily sell 25/week. With the current situation they are lucky to make 15/week. He said even if modifying shifts to meet COVID standards were not an issue the personnel issue is getting worse. He said it is very hard find employees that show up and when they do actually do their job. The other big issue is getting the supplies they need to build their product. Other makers are facing the same issues.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You are right, why would a supplier build MH parts when they can make ventilators and make a killing or even make mask or face shields and sell them at 3000% mark up. As it has been said, "Supply and Demand" Yes people would buy a new RV right now if they could find one and if the RV MFG's made them but they can't make them due to not having the parts available. If they in-housed all of there stuff they might have been able to make a few but the supplies needs have dried up. Until people understand that "We, the People" have to help end this mess by doing our do diligence we are not going to get off or this Merry-go-round anytime soon. Yes, humans are a social group but it's time to stop killing our selves with our big headed egos.
Well I'm come down off my perch and climb back into my RV
Old 11-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #7

The article refers to a 2 year wait for an RV, but I am not sure exactly what that means.

The local large dealer (LaMesa RV) has a full lot and I am sure I could go down there and buy an RV if I did not already have one, but I probably would not get the large selection they usually have. And they have Class B RVs on their web page for sale, so they must be available right now.

And I don't see how it could possibly be a 2 year waiting list for order since you would be buying an RV without knowing anything about it, including the price. I guess I don't know what the article is referring to.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
The article refers to a 2 year wait for an RV, but I am not sure exactly what that means.

The local large dealer (LaMesa RV) has a full lot and I am sure I could go down there and buy an RV if I did not already have one, but I probably would not get the large selection they usually have. And they have Class B RVs on their web page for sale, so they must be available right now.

And I don't see how it could possibly be a 2 year waiting list for order since you would be buying an RV without knowing anything about it, including the price. I guess I don't know what the article is referring to.
Contact RV Business with your concerns.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Contact RV Business with your concerns.
I don't have any concerns.

I am not in the market for a new or used RV. I was commenting on an article that was linked to in an earlier post.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #10

my guess is those rv’s are committed to dealers out for two years but not committed to end buyers, just a guess
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #11

Location: Land of high fuel prices and lousy roads; Kalifornia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David 70 View Post
So who's buying all these? They say we are in a depression.

Who says were in a depression???? This is one of the greatest periods of growth in history.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I believe they're referring to the Tours and Journey's. When BAGO bought Country Coach they tried to used theat facility for all the high end diesel coaches, and it bombed. They're now trying to develop a new facility in Forest City, but they haven't built anything but Forza's for a while.
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmevis View Post
Who says were in a depression???? This is one of the greatest periods of growth in history.
During the 2008-2009 Bush Great Recession a great many RV manufacturers went out of business forever. Ten years later and people have forgotten, except those who had good jobs with medical insurance who now work at Wal-Mart and depend on food stamps and other assistance from the government.

My wife and I were spending $30,000 a year on overseas travel. With the pandemic and the failed response of our people in the White House and Congress we quickly realized we needed to travel differently. We bought a new Class C last month after a couple months of searching for a used motorhome on in our state. My brother spent $6,000 to take his two children to Disney World a few years ago and that money would be going into camping gear and possibly a RV of some kind today.

Most people ignore the cost of a RV or a boat or even a pickup truck and trailer and only look at the monthly payment with financing. Americans tend to be financially naive and the banking and credit card businesses (and politicians) take full advantage of consumer ignorance and emotionality
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #14

I bought my new MH the Saturday after the country shutdown in March.
I’m glad I did. I good for the next 10-15 yrs
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago