Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #1

Washer drain to Black Tank?

After doing 4 or 5 loads of laundry in my Itasca Suncruiser 38q we got water on the floor. When I looked at the tank levels the black tank was full. Does the washer drain into the black tank?
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 10:41 AM   #2

My washer water goes into the grey tank.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:07 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On 2016 (and later?) 38 Q rigs the water goes down to the blackwater tank. Likely for yours too. There have been several threads on this but can't put my finger on them at the moment. Some postings on it on the Facebook pages too. Its one of the more surprising features and enjoyable amenities to learn of (the hard way) in a 38Q

We suffered several "great floods" and a few "toilet "volcanoes" before we figured it out. Volcanoes and great floods into the rear area and lower compartment that filled a tool box with black water were particularly enjoyable!

Now we never do more than 2 loads in the washer unless the black tank valve is opened.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:09 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply and the humor. LOL
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:16 PM   #5

I wish the washer drained to the Black tank on my 38J.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Learn something every day.. floaters.....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:27 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My washer drains to my grey and glad it does because my black is only 56 gallons. The idea of putting plenty of soap water through the black to keep it clean is a good idea but not on a smaller tank like mine.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not a fix but a work around

You could get an additional knife valve with a bayonet fitting and put it on your sewer termination. That way you could leave both valves open so the tanks would fill equally. -Then just open the third one and drain both tanks at once. This way you wouldn't have to dump the black as often.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:58 PM   #9

Washing Machine/Black Water tank

I also have a 38Q - 2014. Yes, I also found the washer dumps into the blackwater tank. It is a 75 gallon tank, but after 2 loads, odor starts to come up in the toilet every time you flush. I don't know who conceived this idea at Winnebago, but it wasn't a good one in my opinion. This summer we plan to be in a campground that allows dumping of grey water, but not black. They provide a honey wagon once a week as part of the camping fee, but that probably means always washing the day before "honey wagon day" and being very careful about loads at that. I want to look into temporarily redirecting it into some kind of tank just for this coming summer.
RTrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 04:09 PM   #10

We would never do a single load of laundry without being hooked up to a sewer.
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water