Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
KIX

I have done several searches and canot find anything in IRV2 of help. My DW wants to reupholster the "frames" over and on the sides of the windows in the coach. I found info about getting the day/night shades down but I need info on how to remove the "frames" so she can reupholster them. Anybody ever done this and can tell me how. It will be much appreciated. The coach is an '02 Ultimate. Thanks
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
KIX

I have done several searches and canot find anything in IRV2 of help. My DW wants to reupholster the "frames" over and on the sides of the windows in the coach. I found info about getting the day/night shades down but I need info on how to remove the "frames" so she can reupholster them. Anybody ever done this and can tell me how. It will be much appreciated. The coach is an '02 Ultimate. Thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
On most rigs it's really pretty simple. There is usually "L" brackets holding the valance in place around the window. It usually requires just a long screwdriver and some time. Or the way I prefer, a cordless drill with a bit extender and a phillips bit. Should have them all out in minutes.

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #4

I did. It's pretty simple. Unscrew each side valance first. They should just slip down. Then you will see how to unscrew the top piece. If you have any other questions, just holler.
GrammaAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 AM   #5

Kix,

This is not a big deal. We have an 02 journey DL and I just remodeled the entire interior. Windows that have no cabinet above them will have a large L-Bracket located at the top center of the Valance(also called Lambriquin)holding it to the wall. To get to this you must first remove the Day/Night shade. Pull the shade all the way down then look up under the valance to the Day/ Night frame. You will see a screw at each end of the frame (if long shade there might be one in the middle or a small black clip). All screws are phillips head. Remove the screws,this will take a long reach screw driver bit for your drill or long screw driver for best and easiest results. If you have a clip in the middle just use a screw driver to wedge inbetween the frame and clip and the shade will fall into your hands.

If the valance is under your cabinets there is no L-Bracket. They screwd directly into the bottom frame of the cabinet.

We got rid of the Day/Night shades in the entire coach and I installed cordless Double diamond Opaque shades by Bali. Went to Lowe's (they were the cheapest in price)did a custom order and got them within 2wks. The cost savings for all my windows was 50% of the price I could find D/N from Winnebago. Had the entire installation done in 4hrs.

I hope this helps.
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
KIX

Thanks to all of you for the info. I think I can get it done now. The part that had me a little confused is that in our coach the inside of the vertical "leg" of the valance has a hidden tacked on piece of material that hides the L bracket screws. When I found this it all comes together now. Thanks again.