Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #15

Plenty of people reflect share your wife's perception. Since the cab of a class C feels more like a van, they are more at home than in the bus like seat of a class a. Having driven both, I do not agree with that perception, but, hey, it does mean less competition for affordable class A's...enjoy. Of course, some families really want the overcab bed for the kiddos. If you do not need thatsleeping space, losing the leak prone spot is a bonus when you move from C to A. Plus different floor plan and ability to use captains chairs while camping. I hope your wife will consider the possibility. You are apt to find a better rig to tow your Jeep in a class a.
WendyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #16

Yes, I do my own maintenance. I can do brakes, oil changes, electrical, caulking and sealing. Just as long as it doesn't require special diagnostic tools. I am just being very cautious about water leaks. Now those can be very costly. Good maintenance is going to get my attention. That is a must for me.
I would like to buy from an owner rather than a dealer. I have seen some pretty good buys on Class A's but Class C's, not so much. Still looking, hoping something will pop up that is right for our needs.Trying to consider all factors.
Jeepdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
A vs C

I currently have a class A which I purchased a year ago and traded in a class C. Both have their advantages but I prefer the A for its roominess and storage. A couple advantages of a C are driver and passenger entry doors and a chassis which can be serviced at auto service centers as well as front ends which can be repaired at regular auto body shops. Everyone’s needs are different so find one that works best for you and your family. Go luck.
Rice1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
For some reason it seems to me that used class C's are over priced compared to used class A's. Is it just me or what????
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #19

Class C’s are for people who can’t afford a Class A. Just like gassers are for people who can’t afford a diesel.

Hahah. Just kidding.

IMO the biggest advantages of an A over a C is the view out the front the additional storage capacity and the capacities of most tanks on board, ie. propane, gray, black, fresh, water heater, etc.

In my opinion there is just no comparison between an E450 class C and a W22 or W24 class A. The class A wins every time.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #20

I understand. Just trying to decide which type I want. Appreciate the input.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyG View Post
Plenty of people reflect share your wife's perception. Since the cab of a class C feels more like a van, they are more at home than in the bus like seat of a class a. Having driven both, I do not agree with that perception, but, hey, it does mean less competition for affordable class A's...enjoy. Of course, some families really want the overcab bed for the kiddos. If you do not need thatsleeping space, losing the leak prone spot is a bonus when you move from C to A. Plus different floor plan and ability to use captains chairs while camping. I hope your wife will consider the possibility. You are apt to find a better rig to tow your Jeep in a class a.
Many class As offer an optional drop down loft bed in the front as well.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:34 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Class C or A

The A has many advantages over a C
One feature people never consider is
What size are you and your spouse ?
The answer to this will effect your whole camping experience. If you are tall - look at the bed length - RV's are famous for having "Short beds" - Look at the size of the shower. Look at the seating space for the eating area and relaxing. Look at the kitchen (Wow it is pretty) but does it have space to cook like you like to.? We have owned the Winnebago 03 31 and an 05 35U Great models as I m 6'2", wife is 5' 8" We bought both used We put 55,000 miles on the 35U and sold it over the phone, sight unseen, just sent photos.
Buyer was 2,700 miles North of me. To verify condition I wrote out a 6 months warranty,
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
The A has many advantages over a C
One feature people never consider is
What size are you and your spouse ?
The answer to this will effect your whole camping experience. If you are tall - look at the bed length - RV's are famous for having "Short beds" - Look at the size of the shower. Look at the seating space for the eating area and relaxing. Look at the kitchen (Wow it is pretty) but does it have space to cook like you like to.? We have owned the Winnebago 03 31 and an 05 35U Great models as I m 6'2", wife is 5' 8" We bought both used We put 55,000 miles on the 35U and sold it over the phone, sight unseen, just sent photos.
Buyer was 2,700 miles North of me. To verify condition I wrote out a 6 months warranty,
Interesting. I've thought about doing that myself when selling a car or motorcycle or whatever but never have. What kind of conditions did you attach and how are you going to handle a needed repair? Did you specify a deductible or copay? How about a maximum limit? Just curious as I think its a great idea for both the buyer and the seller as long as everyone is honest and on the up and up.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:41 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
personal warrenty

No special conditions and no limit. I would have right of final inspection, regarding abuse. The buyer was very happy and no claims were made.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #25

Good information. But we are pretty short. Good things to consider though. Now just determining what our finances will allow. I didn't really want a Class A since they seem so big. But that is probably what would be best to tow with.

Tags
adventurer, vent, winnebago