Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Winnebago Adventurer

Thinking about buying a 2020 30T Adventurer. Any owners or does anybody have any information about this model good or bad. Thanks in advance for the help
Mike
mlgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
In general the Adventurer is a good choice from Winnebago. I have a 2017 and we love it.

The thing to know about the Adventurer is... they stopped building them in 2018. Prior to that they were the very top of the line gas RVs. List prices above $200,000. They had the same quality and furnishings as the $350,000 diesel line up.

In 2018 they discontinued the line for a year. For 2019 they took a lessor model which had been branded a Vista LX and renamed it Adventurer. When the previous Adventurer was $200,000+ (ours was 211,000 list price) the Vista LX sold for around $175,000 list.

So, as can imagine, they had to cut some things to drop $25,000 from the list price. What they eliminated was some electronics, solid wood cabinet framing, fully-ducted AC and such.

Don't get me wrong, the Vista LX was the top of the line Vista model.

We've been very happy with the "old" Adventurer and assume the newer models are well-built as well. Not the same as the old model, but not terrible.

Only Tiffin and Newmar build better gas models that better reflect the "Old" Adventurer quality construction - solid wood cabinets, full-ducted AC are the two main features that are missing in the WBGO but present in the Tiffin and Newmar line.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:26 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I’ll second CreativePart’s post. I also have a 2017 Adventurer and love it. The new ones are not the same but seem like a solid motorhome. I actually like some of the new styling better for the interior, even though some quality features CreativePart mentioned are gone.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've love our older 2016 Adventurer . We initially had some factory quality problems with it the first year (probably somewhat typical of any upscale motorhome), but since we worked through those issues its been great and very reliable. Creativepart nailed it--- Winnebago did it right when they came up with the Adventurer line!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:00 AM   #5

We have a 2017 SunStar 30T (now the Adventurer). It’s been a good coach, with no issues. The carrying capacity is a bit low in my opinion. Be sure to get the dual ACs and larger generator. This may be standard on the Adventurer series.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #6

I'm researching the new Adventurer as well and ran across this post. I really like the 2019 we looked but I want to make sure I'm not rushing into something. What does it mean not to be fully ducted?

Thanks for clarification.
Kathy
Ruby Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Jean View Post
What does it mean not to be fully ducted?
Kathy
On most upper level Gas and Diesel motorhomes both the Air Conditioning output ducts and the filtered return air ducts are routed through the roof and the AC units themselves are mounted above the ceiling. To make this happen the roof has to be thicker and it has to have internal ducting to provide both supply and return air. This also means the AC unit itself is physically further away from the interior of the RV.

Virtually all lessor level RVs have only partial or no ducting and the AC unit itself is mounted into the ceiling of the RV. Lowest level units have no ducting and both the AC output and return air happen at the AC unit installed through the ceiling. Mid-level RVs have the AC output air ducted throughout the coach, but the return air isn't ducted and simply enters the AC unit in the ceiling.

The difference is in noise level. Partially ducted AC units are nearly twice as loud inside the RV as those that are fully ducted.

It's easy to spot. Look at the ceiling of any RV if you see AC units protruding from the ceiling then the RV is either non-ducted or partially ducted.

The old Advennture, and all mid-level diesel pushers and above (Journey and above) WBGO Class As have fully ducted AC units and smooth ceilings with nothing but lights and air vents protruding. So, they work more efficiently and they are MUCH quieter in operation.

All current WBGO Gas RVs and even the lowest level DP, the Forza have partially ducted AC units. Currently only Tiffin and Newmar sell Gas Class As with full AC ducting.

It may seem like a little thing - but the noise level inside the RV when the AC is running, especially on RVs with two AC units is quite dramatic. It's just not something most people check when RV shopping. If they did they'd know the difference.

The same is true with full wood frame cabinets. Only higher level RVs have cabinet frames and doors made of solid wood. Many RVs have "real wood doors" but ALL of the other wood in the RV is partical board with wood-look vinyl wrapping. Again, a little thing. But when you are living with the RV over time these little things make a big difference.

Every RV I've owned before my Adventurer had partially ducted AC and vinyl wrapped particleboard frames. So, when looking for my Class A I made sure to eliminate any RV with these two things from my shopping list.

This may not be a concern for most people, but at least it helps to know about these differences.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:50 AM   #8

Ty for information. Very helpful.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
After typing that long post I got to thinking of an easy way to describe the difference between fully-ducted and not fully ducted.

It’s like living in a home with nothing but window air conditioners versus living in a home with central air conditioning.

We live in South Texas so AC is a vital part of our RV world. Even though we try to get to places cool enough to not need constant AC running there are far too many times we are camping where AC is a requirement.

So fully-ducted “central air” is a requirement for us.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:32 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm researching the new Adventurer as well and ran across this post. I really like the 2019 we looked but I want to make sure I'm not rushing into something. What does it mean not to be fully ducted?

Kathy

Don’t forget to 20 has a 6 speed trans as opposed to the 19’s 5 speed.
mlgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:28 PM   #11

So, that’s better? More power?

Thx
Old 01-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgunn View Post
Don’t forget to 20 has a 6 speed trans as opposed to the 19’s 5 speed.
The change from 5-speed to 6-speed came in 2016.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
So, that’s better? More power?

Thx
Better shifting and less engine noise. It was a huge improvement for driving in hilly areas. It came in mid-2016 and it applied to all Ford gas chassis motorhomes - Class C and Class A by all manufacturers.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #14

Everything Creativepart said is spot on! We love our 2016 Adventurer 37F.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent, winnebago