Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winnebago.....and Country Coach in Oregon

By chance, I received an email from a Country Coach owners club. In the newsletter is a vendor advertising that they are located adjacent to the C.C./Winnebago Factory. I thought that this facility was closed. Maybe just an old ad that has not been updated?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2021, 09:52 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I was told that WBGO bought out CC back around ‘09 and has all their tooling, molds, lots of parts, etc and they are just sitting on the brand.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #3

Oregon Motorcoach Center?
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:02 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Premier RV services is located adjacent to the old CC office and bought some of the buildings and property where they still operate out of. Good people to deal with.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
The Junction City Winnebago factory/Service Center officially closed a little over a year ago. I’ve heard it said the Winnebago has moved all remaining parts and tools to Iowa and sold all Country Coach parts, tooling and molds to one of the CC vendors in the area.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
I was told that WBGO bought out CC back around ‘09 and has all their tooling, molds, lots of parts, etc and they are just sitting on the brand.
The correct info about WBGO's purchase, use of, and subsequent closing of the OR location(s) is documented in a press release they issued in 2019. You can read the whole PR HERE:https://www.irv2.com/forums/f57/winn...on-429637.html
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yup. I read the 2019 article back when. With COVID and RV sale taking off as they did (albeit, sales were more focused on lower-end rigs), I was wondering if Winnebago modified its business position WRT Oregon assets.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi.1014 View Post
Yup. I read the 2019 article back when. With COVID and RV sale taking off as they did (albeit, sales were more focused on lower-end rigs), I was wondering if Winnebago modified its business position WRT Oregon assets.
I seriously doubt it. We went to a seminar yesterday at GNR concerning the business plan and focus for the company in the near and long term future. CC wasn't mentioned. Not only that the brand name or logo doesn't appear anywhere in any of their publications, on their website, or in their business plan. It appears they've written off CC as a bad investment and are distancing themselves from it.

Tags
country coach, winnebago