Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago Coach Heater Fan

We have a 2004 35U Adventure
On the dash there is a row of switches one is a coach heater switch with high/low it was a very handy heater when going west in late November
last yr the heater fan came on slow and making some noise then quickly got quite.
I was testing it the other day and when I turned the switch on the fan made a loud grinding noise (like a cat going thru a fan) then shut off.
Sounds like it was coming from under the dog house but I cant seem to locate it, any ideas how to get to it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
More-Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2021, 05:22 PM   #2

On mine it is under the floor just behind the dog house. If your water heater is ahead of the door and behind the front tires just open the compartment door and look in there. If you are over 95 lbs. you won't get in far enough to do anything.

Mine is a 2000 Adventurer.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #3

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Generally its a pita. There is a great link here describing the whole process with photos.
mdka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdka99 View Post
Generally its a pita. There is a great link here describing the whole process with photos.
Thanks for the responses Can you tell me where the link is? Again Thanks
Old 09-10-2021, 06:46 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here’s a link to a few previous threads that may assist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Winn...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
the links helped and confirms the water needs to come out :(
Old 09-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #7

Retired Fire Service RVer's
https://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/WH...H_Repair-1.pdf
mdka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #8

We have a 2001 35U on a Workhorse chassis. I was able to replace our fan without completely removing the water heater. I did pull it out as far as I could without disconnecting the engine coolant hoses. I also removed the partition between the water heater and the cargo bay. On ours the water pump is mounted on that partion. A little bit of a struggle, but I didn't want to disconnect the coolant hoses.
rhenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:27 PM   #9

Blower fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by More-Gas View Post
We have a 2004 35U Adventure
On the dash there is a row of switches one is a coach heater switch with high/low it was a very handy heater when going west in late November
last yr the heater fan came on slow and making some noise then quickly got quite.
I was testing it the other day and when I turned the switch on the fan made a loud grinding noise (like a cat going thru a fan) then shut off.
Sounds like it was coming from under the dog house but I cant seem to locate it, any ideas how to get to it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

When I bought my Winnebago Solei New from Dealership the Front blower for AC and heat made a noise. took it back to Dealership and there tech and reps. would say that is how it's suppose to sound anyway took dash apart and had to order blower motor assembly repaired my self. no sound when I replaced it I can tell you Winnebago is not the quality they should be. I have had a lot of Problems with my coach and would not recommend Winnebago to anyone...
ET-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
After investigating the coach heater fan replacement I decided to not do it because I need to remove the water heater, so I will just wait till the water heater fails which im sure it will sooner or later.
Thanks for the advice given.
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #11

1972 superior 2200

I have a 72 superior motorhome 2200, 413 and 727 Trans. Anybody have problems finding a radiator for it? Mine is leaking in several places.
Lyonking77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, heat, heater, winnebago