Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #1

Winnebago Forza 34T or Newmar Kountry Star

Coming down to the wire.
If you had the cash, would you buy a Winnebago Forza 34T or a Newmar Kountry Star with equal interior.
They both spec out the same for average price on the Nada Blue Book.

Thanks in advance for your comments/suggestions....................................... ............Diesel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2020, 12:52 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Kountry Star only because it comes with the Alison 3000 transmission and gives you 10klbs of towing vice the 4klbs of towing you get with the Forza.
Remember, they are both Winnebagos now.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:29 AM   #3

My '19 Forza is rated to tow 10k but only has the Allison 2100.

I'd go with whichever brand has the better warranty & dealer.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:54 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Not sure if you’re looking new or used, but the current Kountry Star replaced the Ventana LE with some significant upgrades including the 360/800 ISB, 3000MH, and aluminum wheels. The LE had the 340/700 and 2500MH (Forza has the 2100), and steel wheels, so is more comparable in specs, but built to a Newmar construction standards, and there are always some on the market.

Compare specs on current offerings and you’ll see the differences:

https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5e...untry-Star.pdf

https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5f...bago-Forza.pdf

If planning on towing the differences in GVWR and GCWR would be the deciding factor for me.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Bought new 2020 Forza 34 last June. Our 4th MH. Downsized from 40' HR. Very happy with engine and drive train. Little learning on the different Allison tranny. Some warranty issues, standard with a new unit.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:13 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I just bought mine in May it is used, I looked at Newmar and Tiffin I liked all of them but in the end came down to price. So far I think it was the right choice for me. The one thing I am not crazy about is the bath door in the Newmar.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:49 AM   #7

So am I reading this correctly? The Kountry Star is 10,000lbs and the Forza is 4000lbs?
Old 10-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDevilDog View Post
So am I reading this correctly? The Kountry Star is 10,000lbs and the Forza is 4000lbs?
Yes. The spec sheet shows a 10,000lb hitch for all models with #6 listed as an exclusion:

Actual towing capacity is dependent on your particular loading and towing circumstances which includes the GVWR, GAWR and GCWR, as well as adequate trailer brakes. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual of your vehicle for further towing information.

So you do the math to get your actual towing capacity. Newmar lists more detailed specs so towing capacity, among other things, is more obvious at a glance.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:53 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by khocke View Post
My '19 Forza is rated to tow 10k but only has the Allison 2100.

I'd go with whichever brand has the better warranty & dealer.
You are incorrect. Your Hitch is rated to tow 10klbs, your MH, by Winnebago Specs is rated to tow about 4klbs. Your GCWR is 30Klbs and GVWR is 26klbs thus leaving you about 4klbs of actual towing capability. Even though your hitch is rated at 10klbs. Take it to the scales, empty with full water, fuel and propane. Then take it home and put stuff back in it go back to the scales with full water, fuel and propane and weigh it again. Then see what you actually have available to you. Subtract that from 30klbs and that is all you can tow.
So unless you don't plan on carrying anyone and anything then NO yo cannot tow 10klbs.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:00 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OH, yeah and I have said before, Winnebago now owns Newmar. That said doesn't mean that Newmar will change things.
So if you want to wait until November 18th when Winnebago is finally going to release their NEW 2021 (actually 2020) lineup to make up your mind. You might be surprised, or NOT.
Newmar has already released some of their stuff, a FRont Engine Diesel (FRED) Tow Hauler with a few other layouts. Its the Canyon Star, they moved it up into the Diesel class.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Just re-checked the info on my Forza 34T. 10,000 tow weight.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Yes. The spec sheet shows a 10,000lb hitch for all models with #6 listed as an exclusion:

“Actual towing capacity is dependent on your particular loading and towing circumstances which includes the GVWR, GAWR and GCWR, as well as adequate trailer brakes. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual of your vehicle for further towing information“.

So you do the math to get your actual towing capacity. Newmar lists more detailed specs so towing capacity, among other things, is more obvious at a glance.
I know I’m quoting myself, but.....
Old 10-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #13

With GCWR and GVWRs on the new Forzas so close, about 4k, the CCC would have to be over 6k before you could even get close to towing at the 10k mark. I don't own a Forza but I'd bet money their CCCs are less than that.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I weighed mine and it was right at 23000 but that wasn't with a full water tank only half or so and the GCWR is 30000 so that would leave about 7000. I have not weighed the toad but I am sure I am fine. One thing to note the front axle is rated 10410 and the rear is 17500 which by my math is 27910 yet they rate is 26000.

Tags
newmar, winnebago