Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Stout, but ugly. Actually, the interior looks like crap, IMO; cold, basic, hard... This is supposed to be a $100K RV? No thanks.
It looks generic, like the Ralphs Markets' generic graphics from the 1980s.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #16

Rubber roof, cheaper storage latches, lower floor for less basement storage. Trying to be more like the Thor ACE.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #17

Now gentlemen....this is a totally new, somewhat entry level Class A. Anyone that has hung around or shopped for an RV....usually understands that the first year's model is often 'lacking refinement'. Next year's Intent will undoubtedly be 'new and improved', with additional features and amenities. Not necessarily better....but more glitz, and more things to go wrong....once again raising the price and lowering the quality....because of buyer demand.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:57 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Nice comments from various irv2 members, however we are not the target audience.

Lets see what happens in a couple of years.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Stout, but ugly. Actually, the interior looks like crap, IMO; cold, basic, hard... This is supposed to be a $100K RV? No thanks.
Is this model line for the replacement for the Adventure line?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorta kinda. Really it appears they introduced a new entry level gas class A......and did away with the high end gas class A altogether.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That would be comparing apples to oranges. This is actually at a lower price point than the Sunstar/Vista line. I think they did some value engineering. I used to have the Sunstar Sport 26HE, which used to be their value line, and I was very happy with it for 5 years before upgrading to our Adventurer 35P. I think there is a market for a value-priced entry level class A.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I was about to say earlier......WBGO may know something others don't. I agree there probably is a good market emerging for the value line class A gas. It is possible that a good size demographic starts there, and when they upgrade, they are now jumping straight to diesel? After all, it got to be where a Forza was about the same as an Adventurer inside.

I'd like to know how the Canyon Star sales are doing compared to the last few years. Right now for Newmar, I think the Bay Star line is selling better. So, is there a new trend emerging, and WBGO is on top of it?? I dunno, just food for thought.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:21 AM   #23

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Nice comments from various irv2 members, however we are not the target audience.

Fred
True ..We are not their targeted customer base for this offering.
That said, I really get discouraged when a newbie buys their first motor coach thinking that it is the one that will last for at least as long as their payments are ..then after a few months realize that it was made to sell... not to use...ie; 3 months of use per year and 9 months in the shop.
I have on several occasions have had newbie's that were parked next to me in a CG having to deal with failures in their new coach that should not have (IMHO) left the factory...
Some of what I have seen..
Cabinet doors fall off or the whole cabinet falls off onto the floor
Microwave/convection oven falls down onto the floor (and cracked the counter tops on the way down)..
overhead bed above the driver's area falls down to the dash ..While they were driving up US-99 in Cal.
Bad/misplumbed water/fresh/black/gray water systems
roof that leaks like a rain shower head
slideout jammed/stripped slide systems, or not work at all...or leak like a garden hose
fridge's not working
bad plumbing for the propane systems
and the list goes on and on.
I really hate to see this over and over.
And it is not just limited to Forest River,Winne & Thor products.
I try to help them because we all had to start somewhere...And never show contempt for their coach or it's manufacturer, or even compare what we have to theirs. their feelings have been bruised enough when the next payment is due.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:22 AM   #24

Hmmm, OK, I guess

If I had to pick any of the Intent offerings, I guess it would be their 30R. It is "kinda" similar to our Sightseer 29R, but has the dinette on the same side as the sofa.

What do I like about it?

I like the more basic graphics. I am not sold on the dark colors with big swooshies and swirlies.

Cabinets. I like the more modern look they convey.

LED Lights. Nuff said. Just got done converting all of ours to LED.

Dash - it looks like they put some thought into that, compared to the large squared-off surfaces of the dash in our '06 Sightseer.

Interior colors - I like the lighter colors they have, unlike some of the newer ones with all dark fabrics.

What am I on the fence about it?

I'm trying to decide if the 20# propane tanks are a bonus or an onus. Coming from towables, I see the benefits of not having to haul your coach to the LP gas place every time you need to fill up.

What do I NOT like about it?

16K Chassis. I wish an upgrade to the F-53 18K chassis was an option.

Full wall slides on the 29L and 31P. I just don't trust them to last as long as a smaller slide. That, and I think that you give up a bunch of coach integrity by having a hole that size in the side - that's a lot of non-weight bearing mass sliding in an out. Does the coach seem to flex more with those full wall slides?

No 2-way refrigerator option. I don't like not having the gas option for the refrigerator. There are some times where we overnight (or spend two nights) and those batteries would probably be dead running the compressor.

No option to forego the outside kitchen and TV. That would be a lot of wasted space for me. I don't watch TV when I'm outside, and I have a two burner propane stove to cook with when I'm not grilling or cooking over an open fire.

Camper-style storage doors. The "bus-style" doors are what drew us to the Winnebago over a couple of other models we looked at (Coachmen, Hurricane)

Question - did anyone see mention of a spare? I don't. Even though it is a challenge getting the spare in and out of the compartment under the bed (n the slide), it is still a storage space for a spare tire!

ETA - Did I miss something, or is there NO option for real upholstery? Is everything now that awful "pleather" crap? Arrrrggggh! I prefer cloth to rest my hiney upon. That fake plastic stuff makes it too sweaty!
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Yes, for sure this is another line of "basic" RVs from Winnebago. Their CEO is leading Winnebago to figure out what it takes to get younger RV buyers into Motorized RVs as currently they seem to be mostly buying towables.

The 29' 6" length Vista LX 27N is one fine short wheelbase RV. Has really nice "bones" and is easy to trick out and upgrade to make even better. But then again I am biased, I suppose, as I own one and am VERY satisfied.

The Vista 27N before 2016 is almost identical to the current new Vista LX 27N and used ones can be had for a fraction of the new one's price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Question....Why could they not put that exact coach on a 24k or even a 26k chassis? sure would up the anti compared to other mfg's.
The main reason would be price. The 16,000 lb. chassis sells for $27,845.00. The 26,000 lb. chassis sells for $34, 640.00. That would raise the price by nearly $7,000.00 before the body was added

Secondly the 16,000 lb. chassis comes in 3 lengths, 300.1", 320.1", and 330.1". The 26,000lb. chassis comes in lengths of 374.1" and 384.1". The frame of the 26,000 lb. chassis would be longer than the largest model currently offered.

Keep in mind this is an entry level coach. Most first time buyers don't want to buy the most expensive model available. They generally start with a less expensive model in case over time they decide they either don't like or can't afford the lifestyle.

Also keep in mind the median price of a home in the US today is $189,000.00. In this case the customer is buying a house and a vehicle for around $115,000.00.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #27

It is pretty much opposite what we like for a full time coach. We’ve really liked our adventurers and if they can get the slide systems figured out, a sightseer 33c looks like a good option for the future.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes, since it’s an entry level Motorhome, it would not make a good full-time Coach. For a weekend end and vacation coach, it could do a good job.

Tags
gas, winnebago