Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #337

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently had one of my drawer lock things break in the kitchen. Rather than spend five minutes looking through the parts manual and order a set, I actually made use of my 3D printer to make a replacement, rather than use it to make "useless" things.

I've posted it up on Thingiverse, if anyone needs it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4975321

It fits all the drawers on our 2007 Itasca Horizon 40KD, so if another one breaks, I spend less than a nickel to print a new one.

Hope this helps someone else!
dwirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #338

Vintage RV Owners Club
first time camping in 2 yrs and spent 1 day fixing!

apparently the main kitchen faucet has been leaking for last 6 yrs? i forgot..anyway out to lake we go friday.she informed me of this..so lucky we took mini van too..i removed the old taps and headed to RV repair shop in town who had one..but it is for 1/2 in lines..he never said that i never looked..back to lake 40 miles round trip. looked at line size..phoned..oh ya.you for a OLD motorhome.. yes we have adpaters.. and some line.. No charge for your inconvienance. 8 hrs later its in..but the main faucet is loose..doesnt leak.but its loose..phoned him..ok monday we will order another..i said get me a matching small bathroom faucet set too...oh..those are discontinued..fine..i will get one on Amazon..he called back..my supplier found one..ok do you have all adapters too? yes..ok now change those if they every come. they blame all slow shipping on this Covid now..funny,i get my amazon stuff in 3 days stilll??? grrrrrr.. oh well did some fishing. ate some hot dogs.drank a coke or 2...and used a bottle of Boat cleaning crap and sponge on the sides..made a 30 yr old DP look only 20 yrs old now..lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen tap old.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	345078   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen tap new.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	345079  

Name:	Oct 1-2021 Carson Lake.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	345080   Click image for larger version

Name:	carson lake fire.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	345081  

Name:	carson lake supper.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	345082  
Old 11-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #339

2012 Winnebago Access upgrades

I have a 2012 Winnebago Access Premium that overall has been very good. I have improved a few items.
The Lippert controller for the slide failed due to water intrusion into the relay box where it is mounted. I found that the wires inter the box on the top back side through a black corrugated sheeting that is split down the side that allowed water to inter the wire harness and leak down on to the controller. Also, the controller was mounted upside down (lettering and read out facing up) and the wires going into the top. I mounted the new controller, so the wires loop down below the controller and enter from the bottom. The wire harness/sheathing was sealed with caulking. Now if there is a leak in the wire harness the water will run out at the bottom of the loop in the relay box. I believe Winnebago installed the controller improperly as it was fast and easier but if trouble shooting was necessary would have been very difficult to read code.
These C class RV have a large storage section in the back under the bed. To help organize this space I have installed a shelve that suspends from the bed using all thread and tee nuts under the mattress. This allows me to put chairs on the shelve and boxes under.
Sorry no pictures as the MH is covered for our 7 month winter.
Kurt Julsen
Wasilla, Alaska
KJulsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago/itasca