Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #43

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Today, I finally replaced the monitor light outside the switches panel.
Much to my surprise, when I looked at the back of the lamp I found this wire pinched in the housing.
Looked like a fire waiting to happen. That might or might not explain the brown color the housing has turned???

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464389959.762895.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	128408Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464389971.764032.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	128409
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2016, 11:48 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Lovedogs, did you get your 12V problem worked out?
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 AM   #45

PLEASE excuse me if this is a post already see. I am new to this and I find it very hard to navigate. SO, I have a 2008 Win. Aspect. Bats are brand new, no 12v dc in cabin or at fuse box/circuit breakers,generator won't start, all fuses are good. There is only power when plugged into 120v AC. Any ideas? thanks
lovedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Lovedogs Just a wild guess....battery disconnect switch in off position?

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedogs View Post
PLEASE excuse me if this is a post already see. I am new to this and I find it very hard to navigate. SO, I have a 2008 Win. Aspect. Bats are brand new, no 12v dc in cabin or at fuse box/circuit breakers,generator won't start, all fuses are good. There is only power when plugged into 120v AC. Any ideas? thanks
I had this problem this past March on my Jayco Precept. We had traveled to Florida and stayed for 2 weeks, we had no issues on the trip down. When we left the campground and disconnected from the 50 amp power, we had spotty 12 volt power in the coach. Sometimes the DC worked, mostly not. Genny wouldn't start, lost power whenever we turned the coach off. When we stopped in Ft Pierce, FL for the night, we had no DC power at all in the coach, we checked all the fuses, batteries were fine and at full charge. No problems if the coach engine was running or plugged into 50 amp. After taking the coach to a local RV repair shop, they found that the ground wire from the batteries had broken off where it attached to the chassis. They reattached it and problem solved. A little less than a month later we traded it in for our new to us Itasca.
Newbie31ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #48

thanks so much, that's what I suspect too. I am going to run a jumper from bat negative to ground and see what happens rather try to trace for a break.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
thanks so much, that's what I suspect too. I am going to run a jumper from bat negative to ground and see what happens rather try to trace for a break.
Hope it helps and you find the problem.
Newbie31ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
Today, I finally replaced the monitor light outside the switches panel.
Much to my surprise, when I looked at the back of the lamp I found this wire pinched in the housing.
Looked like a fire waiting to happen. That might or might not explain the brown color the housing has turned???
If you look at your ceiling you will also notice things melted there as well. Do yourself a favor and replace that with an LED before you do further damage. Looks like your fixture might be salvagable.
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
no 12v to start generator or flow to any 12vdc lights etc. only have 12 v when plugged into ac source. bad cable(s) ,ground,inverter,converter?

Hi Lovedods
Sorry for not getting with you sooner. Sounds like your inverter is producing the DC current to supply your coach but for some reason your house batteries are not. Have your house batteries ever been replaced?
I would check them first. Check the battery terminals for corrosion or a loose connection. Let me know what you find. I you haven't already fixed it and the batteries and terminals check out good I will call Winnabago and discuss this with them and we will get to this resolved.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #52

NO 12V issue 2008 Aspect. : I jumped the battery disconnect relay from the + side of relay and got the juice everywhere I should get it. The part is on its way from Winabego @ $88.20 + tax and freight charges. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND PICTURE of the relay and solenoid video.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #53

I LOVE BULL DOGS ESPECIALLY THEIR PUSHED IN FACES. By the way, my problem with no 12v was the battery disconnect relay.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #54

looking for one now I have a better idea on how I would make it Thanks

2006 suncruiser ref to wood consul on engine cover
htbotdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #55

I don't know if my previous posts/replys got on the threads but regarding my no 12v problem, I just want to thank the people who provided video of how to jump relay and provided photo of relay/solenoid location video. The problem turned out to be the bad battery relay disconnect and I already replaced it. All is fine. Unfortunately, I found a different supplier would have sold me one for about $28.00 less than what I paid Win. Industries. Thanks again and I hope this will help those who might have the same problem.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Basement A/C - bring Cond Fan Cap out for future service

I just dropped the Coleman A/C unit so I could remove the covers and lube the Condenser Fan Motor and its pillow block outer bearing. I removed the condenser blower assy and cleaned and serviced it then reinstalled it.
I noticed that all other motor capacitors were in the electric compartment so they could be replaced without dropping the whole AC assy. So I added about 8" of wire to the cap leads and moved the running capacitor into the electrical compartment. The running capacitor on PSC motors is a normal service item. I don't know why the compressor caps are in the E Comp and the blower was not.
Now the cap is a 20 minute max change out. Not 4 hours involving jacks and wrenches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Elect compartment.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	130326   Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Cond Fan cap.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	130327  

Grandpa19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags