Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 12:29 PM   #3935

Allan,

Great to hear. I appreciate your feedback. We are looking forward to our adventures in the Minnie. Thanks again
daveandconni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #3936

About the Generator Rack

Cruzbill…..I read your description in the first post and it all made sense and then when I saw your photos, I see your first post was spot on! I’m making mine so it attaches to the same tubing as the bumper only in front of the bumper. Then a tongue will come out up and over the bumper and the receiver will attach on top of it. I have all of the parts cut and pretty much ready to weld. BUT… I’m going to take another look at how your setup might work out better. I’ll post pictures when I’m done. (You may have to help me with that too!).

And as you might know it just started raining. So back to making the tire covers.

A little side note; I wrote and posted this whole thing 3 hours ago, and when I checked back in just now I found nothing. So from now on I’m doing it where I can save it, then copy and paste it and if it all gets lost in the shuffle I can just go back and copy and paste again.
Yukon XL 5.3 4:10
Minnie 2201DS
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #3937

Minnie 44x72 ACTUAL dinette length in a 2500FL or 2500RL

Hi,

I am soon to be a real member of the Winnebago towable group as I am in process of ordering a new Minnie. I am trying to make my final decision on the floorplan I will order. It will come down to the real life length of the dinette that Winnebago puts in the 2500FL and 2500RL. Last weekend I made a huge mistake and didn't insist on the sales guy converting the dinette so I could lay on it and test it. Because the back cushions are form fit into the back of the dinette and there is a decorative strip around the dinette, it looks like there may be an inch or two or three that lost in length from the wall-to-wall dimension. Does anyone know what the actual sleeping length is with the cushions removed? Thanks a bunch!
Miseagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:57 AM   #3938

It's been my experience that the dinette will be about an inch shorter than the person trying to sleep on it.

The Winnebago floor plan shows that the dinette in the 2500FL/RL is 44"x72". My 2201DS came with the U shaped dinette which makes into an 83" bed.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #3939

Ernie, I'm not a welder, but, I would not put any angles in a receiver hitch setup. The rear of an RV shakes and shimmys like ole' Elvis and any vertical / horizontal weld will surely fail. Keep it straight and level, and use an anti rattle device on anything you plug into the receiver.

Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:57 PM   #3940

more About the Generator rack

Cruzbill, I gave the shake, rattle and roll some thought. I even thought that when it was all put together that I would find a lonely road with a lot of bumpy patches and a few pot holes and follow right next to it in another car to see how bad it shakes. Or maybe borrow my grandsons GoPro and tie it to the ladder.

I’m going to look into the anti rattle, is there a brand that you know about? I didn’t know they made such an animal.
Yukon XL 5.3 4:10
Minnie 2201DS
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #3941

I use the Roadmaster Quiet Hitch. Simple, effective, stops all movement in the hitch. If you do the roadtest you describe, make a short video and post it. Example, if you mount a bike rack back there, put the bikes on and watch it shake. I had a couple of bikes on a Swagman rack, good rack, but the J-hook that secures the bike frame to the rack cracked at a weld. Had a welding shop in Arizona fix that for me. Didn't lose the bikes, luckly.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #3942

Winnebago Minnie Towable

Well the dealer’s attempt at fixing my leak by applying silicone to the window frame a couple of weeks ago did not fix the problem. After the last big rain there was a huge puddle inside in the same places - the curb side night stand near the master bed, on the wood above the pass through storage and above the drawer. There is no water on the ceiling, in the cabinets above the bed, and no evidence of it running down the wall, so I really can’t tell how it’s getting in. But I’m taking it the 3 hours back to the dealer again this weekend to have them try again to fix it. Frustrated. I love this camper but really wish it had been properly sealed and leak tested at the factory. The wood on the nightstand is starting to show some water damage now. I’m hoping once it stops getting new water it will dry out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3495.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	194056  
Br0wnBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #3943

Have you tried to duplicate the leak with a water hose? Actually finding where it's leaking is most of the battle.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #3944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0wnBear View Post
Well the dealer’s attempt at fixing my leak by applying silicone to the window frame a couple of weeks ago did not fix the problem.
It may be coming from one or more of the light fixtures on the front outside of your trailer near the roof.

I had a very similar problem on a previous trailer. Absolutely no signs of water intrusion in the walls but the wooden bed support, comforter and mattress were getting wet. I believe the water followed the aluminum frame down to the bed support and "wicked" from there to the mattress and cover.

I added a bead of Dicor Lap Sealant (do not use self leveling sealant) around the top and sides of all the lights and solved my problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-501LSW-...T9YRN833ZYR8VE
Old 02-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #3945

I tried for about 20 minutes with a hose at the campground where we were this past weekend, spraying the side above the window. Nothing came in through the window and I felt bad making a muddy mess spraying water there. I would have liked to take the hose up on the roof and spray down. I have to keep it at a storage lot that doesn’t have running water so it’s tough to do when not camping. I can’t find a DIY car wash near me with enough height clearance to bring it in. It’s supposed to rain again Thursday so I may go stay in it at the storage lot to see if I can find the source during the rain. I’d like to point the dealer in the direction of the leak if I can find it.
Br0wnBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #3946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ernie View Post
Cruzbill, I gave the shake, rattle and roll some thought. I even thought that when it was all put together that I would find a lonely road with a lot of bumpy patches and a few pot holes and follow right next to it in another car to see how bad it shakes. Or maybe borrow my grandsons GoPro and tie it to the ladder.

I’m going to look into the anti rattle, is there a brand that you know about? I didn’t know they made such an animal.
Ernie,
Not sure if you are on Facebook, but the Minnie Owners group has some interesting solutions for this. A few guys have welded up very elaborate racks on the back.

Just keep in mind that anuthing you hang off the back reduces hitch weight and that generates trailer sway!
Check this demonstration on trailer balance and sway:

https://youtu.be/i2fkOVHAC8Q
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #3947

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Just keep in mind that anything you hang off the back reduces hitch weight and that generates trailer sway!
That would be my biggest concern.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #3948

Solar panels maybe?
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago