Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2018, 08:45 PM   #3963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Missed your sister but saw the lighthouse. We really like the RAM. You should have no trouble pulling the Minnie Plus. When will you be getting it?
If all goes well this is the year...best I can pin down for now. Glad you saw the lighthouse. You should Google and see how they moved it to where it is now. Something to see. I agree with the RAM for towing. Have had a lot of pu's, mostly Fords but I like this RAM the most. Thanks again for your great pics.
sejac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2018, 06:23 AM   #3964

Glad you got it fixed up.
Are you using a water pressure regulator on the hose outside?

Hope that was the last of the bugs and you have a peaceful spring season.
And also that the dog has settled down a bit. One of our dobermans used to get terrible car sick. But she grew out of that.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #3965

I have a 2015 Ford F-150 with the towing package on it. I have the tow mirrors and trailer braking system. I am wondering if there is a need for the rear air suspension addition to my vehicle? Does anyone out there have a preference on whether to add it or not? I will be towing the 26RBSS Minnie Plus trailer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all may have.
daveandconni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 AM   #3966

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandconni View Post
I have a 2015 Ford F-150 with the towing package on it. I have the tow mirrors and trailer braking system. I am wondering if there is a need for the rear air suspension addition to my vehicle? Does anyone out there have a preference on whether to add it or not? I will be towing the 26RBSS Minnie Plus trailer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you all may have.
Dave, I don't think you will need the air bags if you use a good weight distribution hitch and, of course, anti-sway.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #3967

Ken,

I did get on the Facebook group.

I found a couple of pages of what others came up with on their way to get around the weak bumper issue. I think I'm in the ball park on my design. I'm getting close, I have to drill some holes, a little bit of welding and then some clean-up on the parts prior to paint. All of the metal I used was rusty ole parts from an antique horse drawn cultivator. All the while I'm removing a hundred years of rust I'm thinking... why didn't you just go to the metal shop and buy spanking new pieces cut to size? No cutting, no grinding, no rust removal...

Thanks Ken
Yukon XL 5.3 4:10
Minnie 2201DS
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #3968

Quote:
I don't think airbags are going to make much difference. You're going to be right at the limit with your truck. Just get a good WD hitch and keep your speed down. You can tow that trailer with your truck but it will push you around. I have a friend who pulled the Grand Design 2600 TT with his F-150 for a year. Virtually the same camper as yours. The truck pulled it but he didn't enjoy the ride. He just upgraded to an F-250 for another $20,000. Ouch.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #3969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Glad you got it fixed up.
Are you using a water pressure regulator on the hose outside?

Hope that was the last of the bugs and you have a peaceful spring season.
And also that the dog has settled down a bit. One of our dobermans used to get terrible car sick. But she grew out of that.
We were using a regulator and no leak issues on the 1st 2 trips so don’t blame the dealer for the overlooking things. Will test everything in the driveway before heading out once again...when it finally warms up.

Let’s just say the dog is a work in progress... a very long, long process. Calming treats, thunder shirt, obedience classes, citronella collar, lots of walks and socialization. I think there’s been some improvement but that could just be wishful thinking. Some rescues just never get over that anxiety issue.

Leanne
Elander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #3970

Ernie, glad you got in to the group. Lot of good info there.

I have to admit that hind-site has been a great teacher for me. Sometimes saving a buck can be false economy.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #3971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
I don't think airbags are going to make much difference. You're going to be right at the limit with your truck. Just get a good WD hitch and keep your speed down. You can tow that trailer with your truck but it will push you around. I have a friend who pulled the Grand Design 2600 TT with his F-150 for a year. Virtually the same camper as yours. The truck pulled it but he didn't enjoy the ride. He just upgraded to an F-250 for another $20,000. Ouch.
Great information. I appreciate your honest answer. My Ford F-150 has the V-8 engine. Would that make any difference in towablility of the Minnie Plus? We haven't purchased the trailer yet. We are getting ready to though. The dealer made it sound like pulling wouldn't be an issue at all.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:50 PM   #3972

One additional question I have about the Minnie series trailer is about its electrical service. I know the Minnie Plus has a 30 Amp service. I have read that if a 50 Amp service is available to purchase the upgrade. Unfortunately that is not an available upgrade on the Minnie Plus 26RBSS. Is anyone having issues with just having the 30 Amp service? They made it sound like running the A/C while using a toaster and maybe a hair dryer would be an issue. Again thanks you any insight you all may offer. My apologies for being such a newbie. I just don't want to make a mistake when buying my first travel trailer.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #3973

Winnebago Owners Club
Any help appreciated 2018ds

2108ds model...A couple of questions....I asked on the mini Facebook forum..but have not heard back.....
Tv mount outside. We pick up out micro next Saturday. If we have the optional external TV mount installed does it get the same 1 year manufacture warranty for any issues with the side wall bumper to bumper warranty. How about if it has issues down the road ? I asked my service folks and got different answers (expected that on a Saturday)... also does it increase the risk of water issues down the road (i would assume any holes has additional risks)

Also, what’s up with the low height of the grey/black hook up. Has this caused any one issues with dumping (angle/gravity) ? I was thinking of raising the torsion axle up some. How would that impact driving/handling?

Also, can’t remember if the 2 fans (2108ds 1/2018) fantastic brand where electrical or not or if they allowed to be updated to electrical.

Thanks for any input..figured it might be worth pursuing and having done on purchase if I get some of the 1 year bumper to bumper, etc etc...

Oh and yes it always rains here in Washington state..

Retired:1999 33b Chieftain
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:49 PM   #3974

Quote:
Great information. I appreciate your honest answer. My Ford F-150 has the V-8 engine. Would that make any difference in towablility of the Minnie Plus? We haven't purchased the trailer yet. We are getting ready to though. The dealer made it sound like pulling wouldn't be an issue at all.
I have a 2015 F-150 with the V-8 and the 3.55 rear end. I've also got the Max towing package. It tows my 2201DS just fine with a loaded weight of about 6,200 lbs. The trailer your looking at will weight at least 1,000 lbs more and 3 feet longer. That's another 24 square feet of sail that will be pushing you around. The 5.0 L engine is strong enough but with that much trailer back there, you will definitely be past the comfortable level. If you stay out of the mountains and don't drive on windy days, you will make it around fine at about 10 mpg. This trailer is within the capabilities of your truck but it will be at the very top. I just want you to realize it can be done but it won't be an easy pull.

P.S. Don't believe anything RV salesmen tell you.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 AM   #3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post

P.S. Don't believe anything RV salesmen tell you.
Amen to that. I can't tell you how many times I have had an RV salesman or service manager tell me that my Tundra would be fine for towing a 5th wheel!
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:05 AM   #3976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elander View Post

Let’s just say the dog is a work in progress... a very long, long process. Calming treats, thunder shirt, obedience classes, citronella collar, lots of walks and socialization. I think there’s been some improvement but that could just be wishful thinking. Some rescues just never get over that anxiety issue.

Leanne

Beat it into submission
Just kidding.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago