Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2019, 08:14 PM   #4663

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
I was just looking at your 2401, a lot has changed.. On yours the dinette is on a slide, on the 2020 the sofa.is on a raised slide, you can not replace the sofa now.. As I said before , the older units are much better..See changes on this video...Editing.. It appears you switched your sofa to the dinette side an built a new eating place where the sofa was placed by the factory..Maybe I am confused.
You aren’t confused. We actually added that sofa to the slide early on. It was much better than the factory sofa but just not quite right because of the raised floor. You also had to turn sideways to walk by if some one had their footrest out. So we got the idea to swap the dinette and sofa. We had already made the dinette table smaller. So I cut 13” off the dinette depth and moved it to the slide. It’s now perfect for comfort and there’s lots more room both with the slide open and closed (great for eating a meal on the road w/o opening the slide).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #4664

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Good TIPS. I have the first 3 but my wind sensors name is Joyce and I don't worry about the awning.
Ken,

I had a similar wind sensor but she refused to stay up all night to monitor the wind.

Seriously, it was a great mod, we went from using the awning maybe 25% of the time to leaving it out for days/weeks at a time, whenever it was parked.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post
You aren’t confused. We actually added that sofa to the slide early on. It was much better than the factory sofa but just not quite right because of the raised floor. You also had to turn sideways to walk by if some one had their footrest out. So we got the idea to swap the dinette and sofa. We had already made the dinette table smaller. So I cut 13” off the dinette depth and moved it to the slide. It’s now perfect for comfort and there’s lots more room both with the slide open and closed (great for eating a meal on the road w/o opening the slide).
I am going to look at your photos again...If the factory would have put the dinette in the slide it would be possible to swap out the crappy couch .. Would have to swap the tv to the other side.. Geez I have traveled 2 thousand miles and probably will try looking at another brand....Someone mentioned the cheap foam in the dinette,when I sat on the cushion my butt bottomed out in just seconds, the cheap vinyl became saggy ..Winnebago has to know about this junk but they do not seem to be worried even though they are down to a 3 day work week..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:18 AM   #4666

Quote:
How / Where did ya mount the tv..It appears to be on the closet sidewall with a swing arm in one photo however the dinette picture does not show it..Was it hard to reroute wiring ..Also would love to see how you cut dinette seats down and mounted to the floor.
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 AM   #4667

Quote:
Ken,

I had a similar wind sensor but she refused to stay up all night to monitor the wind.
That is funny. We always put the awning in when we go to bed. I will consider that mod. Do you have a link?
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:52 PM   #4668

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
That is funny. We always put the awning in when we go to bed. I will consider that mod. Do you have a link?
https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/r...-connects.html

I got #901601 but didn’t use the switches.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #4669

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
How / Where did ya mount the tv..It appears to be on the closet sidewall with a swing arm in one photo however the dinette picture does not show it..Was it hard to reroute wiring ..Also would love to see how you cut dinette seats down and mounted to the floor.
Yes, the tv is screwed to a piece of plywood and the plywood is mounted with a piano hinge to the closet sidewall (tv mounts were too thick). It’s just a little thinner than the dinette back on that wall. I fed 120 volts to the slide (from under the kitchen sink) using the same corroplast that W did for the 12 volts. The coax runs across the ceiling in a piece of wire strip molding from Lowes. The last bit is in the air and just hangs down when the slide is in. You really don’t notice the wire. Bought a $50 dvd Blue-Ray player and it’s in the cabinet over the dinette now.

Dinette - I just sawed the wood off the edges that go against the outside wall and put any framing back on. I also took 3” off the height so my 5’4” wife’s short legs would touch the floor. Added drawers also. Dinette is originally screwed to floor and walls so just repeated that. I cut the foam off for the cushions (and bought stiffer foam for the bottoms) and my wife redid the cushion covers.

I’ll see what details I can find in pictures later.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #4670

Quote:
https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/r...-connects.html

I got #901601 but didn’t use the switches.
Thanks a lot Norman.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #4671

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I’ll see what details I can find in pictures later.
[IMG][/IMG]

I haven’t found any pictures of the dinette move in process
Old 05-29-2019, 03:50 PM   #4672

Winnebago Owners Club
Some dinette move pictures

Old 05-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #4673

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks a lot Norman.
Anytime, Ken
Old 06-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #4674

Nor'easters Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0wnBear View Post
Does anyone know a place to get cabinet doors that match the factory ones? I’d like to add doors into the storage areas under the dinette benches to make it easier to access.

Did you ever pull this project off? We are thinking about this as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #4675

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaninnj View Post
Did you ever pull this project off? We are thinking about this as well.
I did that project on our 2014 Minnie when we had it. I was able to cut out a square panel on each end of the dinette. Then I just made a frame for the panels to be mounted in, stained the framing and mounted on hinges. You just have to look at the framing on the ends of the dinette and see if you have to modify it at all.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #4676

Quote:
Thanks a lot Norman.
Hey Ken, back when you had your micro mini I remember you switched your tv to a Vizio ! Did you have to move or change the mounting bracket ? ...

Tags
winnebago