Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #1

Winnebago Minnie Towable

We are considering one of the Winnebago Minnie Towables. They are new to 2013, so there are not many on the road. Does anyone have any experience with the Minnie?
Jane917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #2

I haven't had any experience with them except for walking through 2 units. They look to be well made trailers!

WoodGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #3

Minnie Winnie 2201DS

We're looking and seriously considering the 2201DS. Trailer appears to be well made, surprisingly spacious and nicely finished. My wife loves the storage. Any feedback would be appreciated
unit1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

We picked up our lime green Minnin 2451 ( 26'9" ) Sept of 2012 from Fretz RV in Souderton PA & took two days to return to the Pittsburgh area on both Interstate and local highways . Could not be happier with it , hardly knew it was there , no sway or pulling when passed by hi speed semis , DW is happy with floor plan and storage ( although there is never enough storage ). Rained while enroute , no leaks found , all systems function as they should . Two points : I'm 6'3" and the bed is too short , the Yorkies complain they can't jump up on the bed 'cause it's too high . I guess you can't keep everybody happy all
the time . Trip from PA to CA and return ( taking the long way around ) as soon a weather allows . Any ?'s drop me a note .
frypanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #5

We are taking delivery of a bright yellow 19' Minnie in a couple of weeks. We will tow with a Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x4. Heading for Northern BC and the Yukon for 5 or 6 wks inAug/Sept. Can't wait. Lots of time off the grid....

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has camped on the Stewart/Cassiar road or in the Yukon.....or from those with Minnie's!!!
GaryB48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #6

Just brought ours home yesterday! A quality, beautiful trailer!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
My wife and I are very interested in the Minnies. I am concerned though that there is no mention of batteries in the specs. Are they strictly shore-power?

Thanks.
wiiltn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #8

Hi Wiitn!

Yes, the Minnie definitely has a battery! Has everything you would need to camp where ever you want to!

We've only had it a week, and this is my first night to stay in it---but I love it!

There are so many neat things I'm still finding out about! The fridge is automatic---it the electric goes off--it switches over to gas. It also controls the temp in the fridge automatically.

There are ducts in the bathroom so the warm/cool air goes in there without having to leave the door open. Shower is spacious.

Several windows crank out (so they can be open when raining). Bed lifts easily to access storage. Couch is comfy. Even with the slide IN, there is room to move around. Double sink is great, pull out spray faucet.

Entertainment center is pretty cool---DH could play his iPod wirelessly. I much prefer the table rather then the slide in dinette.

I am tickled pink with this camper!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #9

Batteries etc

Yep, there is a DC circuit. We are getting two 6 volt batteries rather than one 12 volt. I am told that this will give us about 4 x the amp hrs. They still don't use LED lamps, so we will switch ours out very soon. That will make our batteries last a lot longer.

We take delivery next week and have already done our walk through. I STRONGLY advise anyone buying a new trailer to also download a check list from the web - I think there is one on this site. By doing this, I found that the technicians had not de-winterized the unit properly and when we turned on the hot water, we probably burned out the element! The dealer is repairing that this week. You can't trust anyone to do their job properly unfortunately... If we had relied on them, we would have burned it ourselves on our first

We bought a unit of the lot rather than wait for one to be built for us (impatience, maybe also a bit of concern that the factory would be backordered) so we have a satellite TV and air conditioner, which we won't use since we intend to be mostly off-grid in northern BC and the Yukon.

I am also interested in solar but have a lot of studying to do. Luckily we have two engineer sons, one of whom has a sailboat with many of the same issues, so I hope to get a lot of instruction. I love it when my sons know way more about things than I do!

Gary
Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #10

Just back from our first weekend in our 1805 yellow Minnie. All in all, very good. Lots of good things about it,but there are a number of small things that are annoying. The dinette window opens into the door. The. Exit window overlaps with the left front hatch. In both cases, if the designers and builders had actually used one of the trailers they build, they would have fixed these by moving the windows by an inch. I wonder about other things if this is their attention to detail.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #11

We just picked up our Minnie Winnie, its a 2013 Yellow 2451 (29 ft total). We liked it because it was different. We probably could have done well with the 21 ft. which has a bigger bath and no bunks, but we figured the bunks would be added storage. All in all, there is tons of storage so we didn't need the bunks. We really liked the wood media center which separates the "living room" from the bedroom.We also wanted something in dealer stock, we had friends who ordered a 5th wheel and waited six months for it.

Workmanship and materials looks good, much better than many of the white boxes of this size we looked at. Winnebago needs to offer better quality vents, with rain sensors, even as an option. It also needs an awning for the slide out, these used to be standard on slides, now they are options or non-existant. If you're not connected to 120v power you only have the 12v lights and stereo, the TV doesn't work, so you'll need an inverter for it. There is a 12v outlet for one in the cabinet under the tv. We don't usually watch much, but a video once in a while might be nice.

We're not sure about the toilet system. Seems an awful like a port a potty at an outdoor festival. The refuse just drops straight down into the tank. We own a big boat and it's potty has a pump which macerates everything and sends it to the tank. It just doesn't just sit there in a clump waiting for you to open the drop hatch to release a whiff. I know to use the enzyme stuff but I can just see a big clump forming and the drain clogging. More on that as we gain experience but it couldn't cost the manuf. a lot to use a better system. A good marine potty retails for about $200 and then they could place the black tank anywhere they wanted not just right under the potty.

The Minnie pulls well with our Ford Expedition V-8 (Limited) with the tow package. We have the eze lift weight distributing hitch and sway bar. You will feel the breeze from 18 wheelers push the trailer to the side when they pass, common for a big box trailer I imagine, but its all very controllable.

One thing I'm amazed at is the need for screens on the heater/water heater vents to keep the wasps/etc. from nesting. They know about the problem, why didn't the manufacturer put them on?

More as we gain experience.

The Fishes
tunafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #12

We've had ours out about a dozen times and it's been great!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #13

2014 2101DS Minnie

Taking possession 10/31 of our 2014 DS Minnie 2101DS. We are pulling it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the hemi. We did buy the upgraded load balancing/stabilizing hitch (no chains). Our experience is only with a pop-up camper so we are looking forward to this new adventure. After looking at several trailers. We decided on the Minnie for its low weight, solid construction, floor plan, beauty, and yes the Winnebago name/history. It also seemed the brightest inside and the pull out makes it more spacious. Love the electronics. I'll update this blog once we get it on the road for the first time.
Rogonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #14

Keep us posted! There are several Minnie Towable folks here now. I'd love to see more traffic on our great trailers. Post some pics too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130928-00251.jpg
Views:	2215
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	48695  
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago