Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #1

Winnebago part needed, they don't answer the phone. Ever. No online ordering.

Hello,
I need a part, #1201071-000 which are the stryofoam roof radius pieces. I have to re-attach the fiberglass roof that blew up in a windstorm. I can't do the job without the radius pieces.

I have been calling Winnebago for a week, can't leave a msg, get the same recording. I have sent two emails asking for someone to contact me so I can purchase the parts. Crickets. WTH?

There seems like there HAS to be a way to buy parts.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thx,

Darwin
medarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2021, 04:09 PM   #2

try this dealer. has all or can get all parts. they are in forest city just down the road from winny

https://www.lichtsinn.com/?utm_sourc...Places-Organic
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
try this dealer. has all or can get all parts. they are in forest city just down the road from winny

^^^^^^ X2 ^^^^^

I have bought from them many times. Never failed. A good outfit IMHO.

I do recall that in an AZ Expert youtube vid that the guy had to wait quite a while for his roof radius foam parts to be delivered.......but they came.

Good luck with the fix.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:26 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post

My go to source for Winnebago parts.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:42 PM   #5

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Installing the Fiberglass Cove/Radius on Winnebago Roof

Mike-NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:12 AM   #6

Lichtsinn has not gotten back to me in 2 days except to email me that they got my parts request. I have looked through the parts catalogs for the part needed (roof radius foam) #1201071-000. Doesn't seem to exist. I got the part # from the YT video of the guy replacing the roof.

Anyone know if this part # has changed? I'm not getting anywhere with this.

Thanks,

Darwin
Old 07-08-2021, 06:28 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
As an FYI, Winnebago stopped selling parts directly to owners over a year ago. So, you can’t call them to order parts any longer. They completely closed the parts department you’ve called, hence no answer.

They made it so you can only buy parts from a Winnebago dealer. I guess they did this to help dealers get more business?

As you’ve been referred to the number one Winnebago dealer located near the factory they are the guys to talk to. They do better by phone than the online request form. They will respond online but it can take several days. On the phone they will help you with determining the new park number, too.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:18 AM   #8

Litchsinn was a 40 minute wait on hold yesterday but they had the roof radius pieces.

I will be re-attaching my passenger side fiberglass using 3M 560 Polyurethane sealant/mastic. Still trying to figure out why Winnebago never used mechanical fasteners to hold the roof down.

Thanks for the advice and steering to Dealer.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:05 AM   #9

You might also try these people:

https://winnebagoparts.com/about/

They buy all the factory surplus parts from the factory at the end of each production year. They're about 10 miles from Forest City.

This time of year it's hard to get in touch with anyone in Forest City. The Winnebago Grand National Rally and the cities "Pucker Brush Days' are only about a week away. Everyone in town is scrambling to prepare for the festivities. This year Winnebago is limiting the number of coaches at the rally to 750. Between the 3,000 or so people at the rally grounds there'll also be several thousand in town for the city festival
Old 07-20-2021, 05:16 PM   #10

I waited for a part last fall from Winnebago (or who they sent me to order from) and it came in wrong. I called Litsen (I did not buy from them) and I got the part I needed in two days.
GGandPoppaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGandPoppaT View Post
I waited for a part last fall from Winnebago (or who they sent me to order from) and it came in wrong. I called Litsen (I did not buy from them) and I got the part I needed in two days.
So... Who did you buy from if not those you called?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:21 PM   #12
DHE

Call Tony’s RV in Lexington, S C. Here’s the information:

130 Pond Branch Rd.
Lexington, SC 29073

CONTACT US

Phone: (803) 894-3071
Fax: (803) 894-5385

President
Aaron Langenburg

Warranty & Insurance
Tammy Coon: tammy@tonysrv.com

Parts & Service
Will Prosser, Parts Manager: will@tonysrv.com
Mike Myhre: mike@tonysrv.com
DHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #13

If Styrofoam then you can make them yourself, use files and saws as needed, assuming you have the other part to fit to them, if no other solution !!
Old 07-30-2021, 06:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
As an FYI, Winnebago stopped selling parts directly to owners over a year ago. So, you can’t call them to order parts any longer. They completely closed the parts department you’ve called, hence no answer.

They made it so you can only buy parts from a Winnebago dealer. I guess they did this to help dealers get more business?

As you’ve been referred to the number one Winnebago dealer located near the factory they are the guys to talk to. They do better by phone than the online request form. They will respond online but it can take several days. On the phone they will help you with determining the new park number, too.
We were at the Winnebago GNR earlier this week and the parts department was going strong. You could buy parts either in person of over the phone. There were several people manning the counters and the phones. They had several rows of display shelves with popular items the same as they've had since at least 2001.

Tags
phone, winnebago