Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 07:30 AM   #127

Radio button

[wQUOTE=dethomson;1625072]Thank you for your feedback. It makes sense that if the radio buttons control the radio via an RF signal then the buttons may not light up with the other steering wheel buttons. I'll check to see if the radio buttons are battery powered.[/QUOTE]

We have a 2011 Tour 42QD and all the button are lighted up and I am wondering about the battery because the steering wheels comes with the Chassis from Freightliner.

The only Problem we had in the past was
- locking the pullouts
- Accuracy of the tanksensors
- Rearcamera get on and off.

Marc
SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #128

Airbed 2011 Tour 42qd

This is a common problem, because the airpressure is continously higher as long as the pullout is in as you sleeping on the bed for a couples of hours and the pump keeps the pressure.
Because of this Problem I hearded that Winnebago will to to Memoryfoam and maybe cheaper
Sorry for my english but motherlanguage is swissgerman.
I've noticed that when the slide is in (bed is up), that after a few days in storage, one side of the bed is deflated much more than the other side (I do bring the pressure down on both sides prior to bringing in the slide). Is this a common experience or is it more likely that I have a leak?

Thanks,

Mark[/QUOTE]
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #129

Tour 2011 42qd Navi-System

I had the same Problem and gave up.
I invest the Money in a Rand mcnally and this is perfect dashmounted, easy to use the Touchscreen with wifi and RDS.
The only disadvantage is, the Speaker and voicequaility is very bad and sometimes hard to understand compare to a garmin 7200 which i had before.
On top I installed an external active GPS antenna and it makes it much faster and more accurate even in dense Areas where the sat-rec. is not optimal.

This is the link:
http://store.randmcnally.com/tripmaker-rvnd-7720.html
Marc
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #130

randmcnally tripmaker RVND 7720

Marc
Old 04-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Tired of the Ac units leaking off the side of the coach?

The return air is mixing with the conditioned air under the unit before going into the coach due to an improper placement of a seal under the ac unit. This is causing the units to over work and build up heavy condensation on the outside of the ac unit and drip off the coach even if the drain lines are working properly.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	61358  
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
The first pic here is how the front Mach-8 roof ac comes and is set up to go on a non ducted rig. The second pic shows the unit with an added seal in the middle to separate the return air from the conditioned air for a ducted system. I had a lot of ac drainage down the side of the coach and could not understand why. My drains were not clogged. The units were sweating on the outside and running off the roof. Turns out that all three units when the added seal was installed it was too far forward and not sealing. On the last post notice how far the black middle seal is, it is well into the return duct when lowered down. Took the coach to the beach this week end and what a difference! No water down the side and cooled well even without a window shade. If you have the leaking going on you might want to have them checked.
Jesse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2471862383.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	61664   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3780494833.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	61665  

Name:	image-2555437858.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	61666  
Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
The first pic here is how the front Mach-8 roof ac comes and is set up to go on a non ducted rig. The second pic shows the unit with an added seal in the middle to separate the return air from the conditioned air for a ducted system. I had a lot of ac drainage down the side of the coach and could not understand why. My drains were not clogged. The units were sweating on the outside and running off the roof. Turns out that all three units when the added seal was installed it was too far forward and not sealing. On the last post notice how far the black middle seal is, it is well into the return duct when lowered down. Took the coach to the beach this week end and what a difference! No water down the side and cooled well even without a window shade. If you have the leaking going on you might want to have them checked.
Jesse
Jesse, I haven't had my A/C's units on yet to see if I have the same issue but I may take a look to see if my A/C units were done the same way. My spec sheet says I have Coleman A/C units. Is the Mach-8, you referred to, a model within the Coleman line or a different brand altogether? Thanks for the great "how to" photos. I hope Winnebago is following these threads to correct these issues in future builds. Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Jesse, I haven't had my A/C's units on yet to see if I have the same issue but I may take a look to see if my A/C units were done the same way. My spec sheet says I have Coleman A/C units. Is the Mach-8, you referred to, a model within the Coleman line or a different brand altogether? Thanks for the great "how to" photos. I hope Winnebago is following these threads to correct these issues in future builds. Mark
Hi Mark
Yes our ac units are Coleman. The front unit is a straight cool model Mach-8 and the other 2 are heat pumps (heat and cool). I am very carful when on the roof. I have trusses in the rv garage above me to tie myself to incase I slip. Anyone who gets on the roof should not take any chances.
It is easy to check if the seal is in place or not without removing the unit. Removing 4 philips screws takes the black plastic cover off. Removing 4-10mm nuts will allow you to remove the inner cover. Stick your phone in the return port and take a picture with your flash on. If the seal is not in place you will see the flash in the other port. At this point if you need to replace the or relocate the seal. Remove 4- 8mm 3" screws and lift the ac up to gain access. The rectangular seal under the ac unit is stuck to the bottom of the unit and is reusable. Reinstall in reverse order. Tools and seal strip in hand it is a 15 minute job for each ac. Everyone can make a mistake even Winnebago. I wouldn't be driving this beautiful well built coach if it weren't for the good folks at the factory.

Thanks

Jesse
Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #135

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Mark
Yes our ac units are Coleman. The front unit is a straight cool model Mach-8 and the other 2 are heat pumps (heat and cool). I am very carful when on the roof. I have trusses in the rv garage above me to tie myself to incase I slip. Anyone who gets on the roof should not take any chances.
It is easy to check if the seal is in place or not without removing the unit. Removing 4 philips screws takes the black plastic cover off. Removing 4-10mm nuts will allow you to remove the inner cover. Stick your phone in the return port and take a picture with your flash on. If the seal is not in place you will see the flash in the other port. At this point if you need to replace the or relocate the seal. Remove 4- 8mm 3" screws and lift the ac up to gain access. The rectangular seal under the ac unit is stuck to the bottom of the unit and is reusable. Reinstall in reverse order. Tools and seal strip in hand it is a 15 minute job for each ac. Everyone can make a mistake even Winnebago. I wouldn't be driving this beautiful well built coach if it weren't for the good folks at the factory.

Thanks

Jesse
Jesse, again good information on verifying if there is a problem before removing the entire A/C unit. It looks like you purchased additional foam to make the fix. Did you have any problems location foam for the job?

On another note, now that the weather is warmer I ordered my mirror for the bedroom door, hope it looks as good as yours did when I'm done.

Mark
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Jesse, again good information on verifying if there is a problem before removing the entire A/C unit. It looks like you purchased additional foam to make the fix. Did you have any problems location foam for the job?

On another note, now that the weather is warmer I ordered my mirror for the bedroom door, hope it looks as good as yours did when I'm done.

Mark
Hi Mark
I have a repair shop and replaced a bad unit with a new one so I removed the foam seal off of the old unit and cut it to fit all three units. Thick foam tape from the hardware store will work. May have to double it. You will love the mirror. We do. I ordered the supplies today to complete the over dishwasher drawer. I will post the Install and supply list when I do it.
Thanks

Jesse.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
This was in our 2006 Itasca Suncruiser and we missed it.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3696311444.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	62884   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2389161137.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	62885  

Old 05-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #138

Winnebago Owners Club
I learned something recently that helped with ac temperate variance being a greater difference than we like. Aiming the ac vents towards the zone sensors helps much. Try it.

Jesse
Old 05-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #139

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Mark
I have a repair shop and replaced a bad unit with a new one so I removed the foam seal off of the old unit and cut it to fit all three units. Thick foam tape from the hardware store will work. May have to double it. You will love the mirror. We do. I ordered the supplies today to complete the over dishwasher drawer. I will post the Install and supply list when I do it.
Thanks

Jesse.
Hi Jesse, didn't see your note on the drawer until a few minutes ago. I was going to tell you that I installed the mirror on the bedroom slide last weekend and I really like it! Thanks for the idea and the detailed information! Also, got the garbage can drawer put in, so I can check that off my list. Thanks Again!

I was wondering how your drawer project was going. I noticed that the new Grand Tour "appears" to have a drawer over the dishwasher. If it does, maybe it would work for a retrofit?

I received the bracket for the outside TV but will put that on the back burner until I get the jeep tow and brake packages installed.

Looking forward to hitting the road in early July and seeing how the coach works.

Mark
Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #140

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Jesse, didn't see your note on the drawer until a few minutes ago. I was going to tell you that I installed the mirror on the bedroom slide last weekend and I really like it! Thanks for the idea and the detailed information! Also, got the garbage can drawer put in, so I can check that off my list. Thanks Again!

I was wondering how your drawer project was going. I noticed that the new Grand Tour "appears" to have a drawer over the dishwasher. If it does, maybe it would work for a retrofit?

I received the bracket for the outside TV but will put that on the back burner until I get the jeep tow and brake packages installed.

Looking forward to hitting the road in early July and seeing how the coach works.

Mark
Hi Mark
Good to hear from you. Must be warming up there. You are making great progress. My drawer parts still haven't arrived. I will have to look at that Grand Tour. July is soon. I am happy you are getting to try it out. It is an awesome rig and a joy to drive. And that 450 Cummins is a beast. Enjoy!
Thanks

Jesse

Tags
winnebago