Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #1499

Winnebago Owners Club
Harbor Freight has a great deal on a good size solar panel. Be nice if you could install it on the roof of your covered storage building and run the wire down to connect to your house batteries.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #1500

Jesse, thanks. Storage owner frowns on that. Thinking of laying it on my windshield somehow. It gets all day exposure to the sun. Wonder what size (Watts) would work for my house AGM batteries?
bam565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:44 PM   #1501

Winnebago Owners Club
Many to choose from.
I like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TDK1KPF...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Jesse
Old 10-01-2021, 11:22 AM   #1502

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone hooked up a Battery Monitor such as an Aili 500 amp monitor? I want something to display amp usage and battery reserve. My 2014 Tour has two positive cables and two negative cables coming from two '3 battery' parallel banks. One of the positive cables has a 400 amp fuse. The shunt for the Battery Monitor needs to connect between a negative post and ground. Is it possible to use a battery monitor with this battery configuration
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #1503

Winnebago Owners Club
My choice
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6957.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	344905Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6958.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	344906
Jesse
Old 10-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #1504

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes this does show voltage but not continuous amp usage and watt hours used and available.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by trower View Post
Has anyone hooked up a Battery Monitor such as an Aili 500 amp monitor? I want something to display amp usage and battery reserve. My 2014 Tour has two positive cables and two negative cables coming from two '3 battery' parallel banks. One of the positive cables has a 400 amp fuse. The shunt for the Battery Monitor needs to connect between a negative post and ground. Is it possible to use a battery monitor with this battery configuration
Yes. Just attach the two negatives to the shunt on the battery side and run one or two cables from the ground side of the shunt to frame ground point(s). You can either cut your current cables and install cable ends or do it the easy way and get 1 or 2 made up. Make sure that the cabling is heavy enough for the intended current.

If been using the round Aili since October and it seems to perform well. Setting it up does require a bit of smoke coming out of your ears but it isn't all that bad. We have 240 watts of portable solar.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #1506

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks a bunch. I considered connecting the two grounds together but wanted some confirmation it was an ok idea.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:15 PM   #1507

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridluz View Post
Replaced both capacitors and the AC system is up and running. Thanks for the help guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkahn View Post
Brian,

I believe the part numbers will be on the capacitors. I hope this fixes your problem. As stated above it could be something else, but this is probably the easiest and lowest cost thing to try first.

I checked my 2014 Build List and my Mach 8s have the following model numbers.

(2) 47073-879 with Heat Pump
(1) 47273-879 no Heat Pump

I checked the AirXcel parts list and they both use the same capacitors. Attached the .pdf parts list for the Mach 8 with Heat Pump.

Parts list shows the following capacitors in the shroud with all the wires going into it.

Part # 1499-5721 Run Capacitor (40MFD/370V)
Part # 9333-9021 Start Capacitor (88-108MFD/250V)

Good Luck. I hope this works for you, Sanford

Jesse, those photos of the Mach 8 are great + excellent info. Thanks everyone for this info.
Looks like I have the same issue with another unit. (Should've replaced all three at the same time) Slight problem is I am leaving town Thursday in the Tour for 11 days. I see a local shop has capacitor 1499-576 in stock which i could pick up tomorrow. Is this interchangeable with 1499-5721?
The fan does kick on and the compressor starts for about 5 seconds then shuts down. I was considering picking up the 1499-576 unit and trying it tomorrow night. Any help as always is appreciated.
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:10 AM   #1508

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Nevermind on the capacitor question. I just called and they have the correct run capacitor so I'll pick up two and replace the two that are now 8 years old. (they are out of the start capacitor so I hope the run is all I need)
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #1509

Barn AC for Winne

Have been thinking about this project for a while and finally got it done and how great it works.
We have been full timing for 6 years now and DW wanted a place to call home, so we built a 56x60 pole barn and put Winnie inside when we are not on the road. We generally take 2 ea. 3 month long trips between spring and fall, and stay home for the winter.
When in the barn we hookup and have always ran the house A/C which does several things, A. Make the barn noisy inside when running so hard to hear and it was putting more hot air in barn in Summer months, making it harder and harder to cool the barn down.

What I did was install a residential A/C/Heat pump and ran the ducting into the motorhome and came in on the front and rear exhaust vents and installed a Honeywell thermostat with remote module and leave the remote module in the motorhome.

It is now super quiet in the barn and no extra heat, has made it much more comfortable in temperature and noise when we are parked.

We have had the heat on also, and it provides a nice even flow and no noise at all.

I attached a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	346369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2336.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	346370  

Old 10-17-2021, 11:50 PM   #1510

Winnebago Owners Club
I love it!!!
What a great idea!!!

Jesse
Old 11-01-2021, 02:06 PM   #1511

A/V sub woofer

I have been pondering replacing the a/v system in Ellie. I guess I assumed that the sub woofer was under the couch but I could not find it, maybe I need to crank up a Bruce Wills movie. Anyway any help on location would be appreciated also is it powered or passive?
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #1512

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is under the couch corner where the L meets the song section. If you remove one of the cup holders you can see it
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago