Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2022, 02:32 PM   #1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
FL recommends rear differential/axle lube change at 3 yrs IIRC.
Front hub lube similar. Trans filter & fluid similar so you might consider just doing them all.
Any idea if/ when air dryer was serviced?
Thanks Winemaker2. I do have a few outstanding items the dealer is going to fix on the house side.

1) Dryer has the bearing issues (high pitch noise)
2) Dishdrawer throws an error of E5 and makes a grinding noise when closing it.
3) The xrite infotainment second monitor failed and the primary 10.4 screen is kinda funky.

I'll probably consider replacing the batteries at some point as they are the original but in decent shape. They still seem to keep their charge but I'd rather just knock it out sooner rather than later.
xbrandx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2022, 03:11 PM   #1612
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrandx View Post
This thread has been fantastic!

I traded in my Keystone Cougar 5th wheel and purchased a 2015 Tour 42QD w/ 40k miles a few weeks ago. The previous owners kept it in pretty good shape with the usual wear and tear.

However, they didn't provide any maintenance records. The tires on the Dual/Tag were original tires and the steer tires were 4 years old. I had all of them replaced last week with new tires.

I'm taking it into a Freightliner shop on Thursday to have the tires aligned/balanced as well as an oil change, trans fliud checked/replaced, filters replaced etc. I'm tempted to have them do the 45k mile maintenance since I'm close anyways.

By big question to the group here anything else I should have the Freightliner shop look at while I'm there?
Go to the Freightliner Recreational Vehicle Maintenance Manual and click on the "00 General Information." It will give the maintenance schedules. Used to be M1, M2 and M3 but I can't find that any more.

As a suggestion, tell the Freightliner shop that you don't know what has or has not been done and ask that they perform the better maintenance schedule for your new to you vehicle. You could also compare the different schedule, print out the better one and add any information from the other schedules you wish to have done.

I have been using Houston Freightliner for over a decade now. They are a member of the Freightliner Oasis RV Service Network with technicians trained to work on the FCCC chassis. They have records of what has been done and what needs to be done each year that I take it in for its annual medical checkup.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:46 PM   #1613

Pos battery cable

I need to replace the positive battery cable that ties the 2 starting batteries together. I have searched and searched but only find cables that have 1 connection stud for the vehicle cables and I need 2 connection studs.
The only one I can find online is a company called xunang technologies/juheng from China. They may well be the company that manufactured the one on the motorhome but I cannot find anyone that sells them.
The reason I need to replace it is because it was poorly manufactured and has several defects including voids in the molding that allows for corrosion.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:27 PM   #1614

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clhjsh View Post
I need to replace the positive battery cable that ties the 2 starting batteries together. I have searched and searched but only find cables that have 1 connection stud for the vehicle cables and I need 2 connection studs.

The only one I can find online is a company called xunang technologies/juheng from China. They may well be the company that manufactured the one on the motorhome but I cannot find anyone that sells them.

The reason I need to replace it is because it was poorly manufactured and has several defects including voids in the molding that allows for corrosion.

I would call your local Freightliner dealer and give them your vin number and they should have it.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #1615

Has anyone installed a hardwired surge protector? If so, what one and where did you install it? Tour 2015 42QD.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:09 AM   #1616

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Has anyone installed a hardwired surge protector? If so, what one and where did you install it? Tour 2015 42QD.
It is my understanding there is already a surge protector in the coach. We added a portable one at the pedestal. My rationale is the portable will go first so once the source is fixed we will still be able to run.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #1617
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

The 42qd does have a built-in surge supressor. I have no idea how well it may perform.

I have had a Progressive Industries Surge Guard since traveling with a 5th wheel in yesteryear. I have kept it (replaced with same) over the years and continue to use it. It has saved the day many a time.

If you don't want the hassle of installation then the portable PT-50X is the way to go. I leave my power cord plugged into it so plugging and unplugging is one push/pull. It also keeps the female side of the PT-50 from becoming weak. Let the pedestal do that from constant use.

It is easy to secure to the pedestal if one has the inclination to secure it.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:03 PM   #1618

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Replacing Generator Fuel Pump

Has anyone changed out their Onan Generator fuel pump? If so, any tips? I've removed the 4 screws and plate, to access the pump, but find that the Genny slide rail restricts access to the bottom fastener on the pump. Also wondering if I were successful in removing both fasteners on the pump, if there is enough fuel line to pull the pump out thru the opening to get wrenches on the pump fitting/fuel lines to replace the pump.

Thanks,

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:45 PM   #1619

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Has anyone changed out their Onan Generator fuel pump? If so, any tips? I've removed the 4 screws and plate, to access the pump, but find that the Genny slide rail restricts access to the bottom fastener on the pump. Also wondering if I were successful in removing both fasteners on the pump, if there is enough fuel line to pull the pump out thru the opening to get wrenches on the pump fitting/fuel lines to replace the pump.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark
I havenít changed the fuel pump however I have changed the fan belt. It required removing the top rear and drivers side covers so I am sure I had access to it. If you get under your coach please be careful. Your coach is very heavy and dangerous to be under. On solid concrete I used heavy duty Jack stands, coach jacks, solid wood under the front tires, and rear wheel chalks, and turned all power off. Even then I tried to stay up in the compartment behind the generator for added safety.

I did find this and it may help.

https://www.justanswer.com/small-eng...10-000-qd.html

Jesse
Old 05-17-2022, 06:13 PM   #1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
The 42qd does have a built-in surge supressor. I have no idea how well it may perform.

I have had a Progressive Industries Surge Guard since traveling with a 5th wheel in yesteryear. I have kept it (replaced with same) over the years and continue to use it. It has saved the day many a time.

If you don't want the hassle of installation then the portable PT-50X is the way to go. I leave my power cord plugged into it so plugging and unplugging is one push/pull. It also keeps the female side of the PT-50 from becoming weak. Let the pedestal do that from constant use.

It is easy to secure to the pedestal if one has the inclination to secure it.

Happy trails.
Thanks Wayne! The one included is pretty basic. I had a Hughes WatchDog but it got fried over the weekend. I was thinking about something that didn't have to brave the outdoors during bad weather. I suppose it's all a trade off....
Old 05-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #1621

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridluz View Post
So I had Winnebago (1,200 miles away) fix my slide and they did a great job. Except I found a plumbing leak. They will warranty it somehow, I'm trying to work with them now to figure that out. BUT, it is easy to see and pretty easy access so I am throwing this out there to see if anyone has a quick or reasonably quick fix. Im attaching a picture (a video won't upload). The leak is under my washer/dryer and leaks when the bathroom sink it running. There is a threaded female that is supposed to go on top of a threaded male and they are not screwed together. The female is simply slipped over the male without being screwed together. (The threaded sections don't seem to fit properly, the female seems too big for the male. )Is there a piece missing? Dunno. Thanks as always!!!
So Winnebago sent me a bunch of plumbing parts to hopefully fix this problem. I have a question...The hose is very flexible so I am assuming that this flexibility is all that is needed so that my slide goes in and out. The other thought I had was does the male/female threaded sleeves need NOT be tightened all the way so that there is more swing/flexibility when the slide moves. I would think though that this would promote water leakage. (Attached another pic for reference.). THANKS AS ALWAYS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wimmie IMG_4332 (1).jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	366056  
bridluz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:51 AM   #1622

I lost power to the coach, and the house batteries died. I managed to start the genny, and am charging the batteries with it. The problem I can't seem to resolve is that there is no power to the aqua hot control panel which also has the water pump and bedroom slide switches on it. The water pump will work from the other switches, but this panel seems dead. Any suggestions on where to start looking for solutions??
michaelpatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:00 AM   #1623

FIXED....Shortly after posing this question, I went to the MH and shut off the house batteries....salesman switch. Turned the batteries back on and voila....Aqua Hot panel powered up. These electronic thingys mystify me.
michaelpatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:31 AM   #1624

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridluz View Post
So Winnebago sent me a bunch of plumbing parts to hopefully fix this problem. I have a question...The hose is very flexible so I am assuming that this flexibility is all that is needed so that my slide goes in and out. The other thought I had was does the male/female threaded sleeves need NOT be tightened all the way so that there is more swing/flexibility when the slide moves. I would think though that this would promote water leakage. (Attached another pic for reference.). THANKS AS ALWAYS.

bridluz
I would duplicate the length and design as Winnebago did and it should be fine. If in doubt I would simulate the movement by having someone move the slide in and out while I held the existing plumbing in place while watching the plumbing as it totally retracted and extended. This would assure that the new part would be okay and that there would not be an obstruction that may have been the cause of the original detachment. I do believe that when you tighten the new parts it will swivel. You can test this by just threading the fitting itís self on and see if it swivels. I would remember to be very careful.
Jesse

Like to see what they sent you.

Tags
winnebago