Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2020, 06:39 AM   #1261

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago Tour Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK View Post
Jesse, which bay did you find your Surge Guard 41260 Transfer Switch?

Passenger side.
Third bay to right of rear.
Back wall.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #1262

Winnebago Owners Club
Sliding Doors

I have 07 Tour the closet sliding doors will not stay on track at the bottom has anyone modified this issue?
gcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #1263

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The closest door on my 2014 GD was dragging on the bottom track. The rollers at the top are latched to the the top of the door. You twist the latch and the rollers slip off of two balls attached to the rollers in the track. On mine one of the screws was loose on the latch bracket attached to the door letting it sage causing the drag problem. If mine were acting like yours I would remove the latch bracket from the top of the door and shim it so it hung lower. Just a thought.
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #1264

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
During the winterization process I removed the undersink filter and since it has been there a while decided to replace it. The Model A filter that was there is no longer manufactured. Called the local dealer, checked the internet and contacted 3M.

Finally got a response from 3M. They say the replacement filter is the C-LC Aqua Pure. Ordered one and it arrived this morning. It looks identical except for the labelling difference. Have yet to try it in the coach.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #1265

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Good to know Gordon, thanks for the info and doing the research.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:29 PM   #1266

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
taillights

I understand the tail lights on our units are 2007 to 2014 suburban/Tahoe. Anyone have a good inexpensive source for those? Are they the “smoked” or clear? Amazon is out of clear.
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #1267

If your 16 is the same as my 14, they are clear, black. Part number in mine is M35-1903R-B. R for right side, B for black. I've been on the hunt for a replacement for a while but they are out of production. Lots of other aftermarket lights available, but don't match these so would have to replace all 4. I'm trying to avoid paying Winnebago pricing. Depo M35-1903P-av2 seem to be the same but everyone's out of stock on those too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I understand the tail lights on our units are 2007 to 2014 suburban/Tahoe. Anyone have a good inexpensive source for those? Are they the “smoked” or clear? Amazon is out of clear.
davo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #1268

Mirror Camera Focus

For those having trouble with the cameras in their Mekra-Lang 400-series mirrors like we have on our ’11 Tour 42QD, I might have something that can help. The focus on the driver’s side camera had drifted so far off it had become unusable. Add to that, under certain conditions at night, both cameras would appear to fog over and become unusable. This looks to have been a combination of condensation as well as the IR LEDs illuminating any dust/dirt inside the housing glass.

I had read up on how to address these issues but the only statement I could find from the manufacturer said that there is no means to repair a camera that was out of focus and that replacement was the only option. Well, at this point I figured I had nothing to lose so I opened up the mirror and removed the camera. I followed the step-by-step instructions in the mirror manual I found online to get the mirror apart and the camera out. (http://www.lang-mekra.com/fileadmin/...ice_Manual.pdf)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1958.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	309197

Using a set of snap ring pliers, I was able to twist off the rear cap of the camera housing:

Name:	IMG_1984.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	309198

The housing slides off, revealing the camera internals:

Name:	IMG_1982.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	439.4 KB
ID:	309199

Remove the soft ring from the IR LED lighting assembly:

Name:	IMG_1981.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	309200

This should give you access to this pair of screws. Remove both:

Name:	IMG_1980.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	309201

Carefully slide the IR LED board up and off the lens. This will give you access to the small Philips focus set screw, as well as the lens, itself:

Name:	IMG_1960.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	611.7 KB
ID:	309202

Loosen the set screw, then you should be able to rotate the lens to adjust the focus. I pointed mine out the driver’s window while watching on the dash screen to make sure it was set properly.

After you’re sure it’s set, use threadlock, a dab of superglue, or a dab of DW’s clear nail polish, whatever you’ve got handy or preferable to set that screw so the focus doesn’t drift again.

While you’ve got the housing apart, this is a good time to clean the inside of the glass. For us, this was the biggest source of that fogging/haze, and this one step made a real difference in how clear the picture was (yes, even beyond the focus).

Name:	IMG_1978.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	309205

Reassembly is the reverse of the above, with one key item: Before screwing the housing back on, lube the o-ring seal at the base. You could probably use Vaseline, I opted for plumbing silicone grease. Just wanted to make sure I got a good seal so as not to have to do all this again anytime soon!

Name:	seal.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	309203

I'm hopeful this helps folks with similar issues.

Respectfully,
Kris
Old 11-24-2020, 11:44 PM   #1269

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo54 View Post
If your 16 is the same as my 14, they are clear, black. Part number in mine is M35-1903R-B. R for right side, B for black. I've been on the hunt for a replacement for a while but they are out of production. Lots of other aftermarket lights available, but don't match these so would have to replace all 4. I'm trying to avoid paying Winnebago pricing. Depo M35-1903P-av2 seem to be the same but everyone's out of stock on those too.
Thanks. Yeah that’s my experience too.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #1270

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Great info Kris, thanks very much!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #1271

Winnebago Owners Club
Thankyou Kris for a well documented procedure to fix the cameras. Appreciate the time and effort you put in to give us the information.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Thankyou Kris for a well documented procedure to fix the cameras. Appreciate the time and effort you put in to give us the information.

My pleasure, Gordon. With all the great projects, fixes, tips, and tricks this community gets from folks like Jesse, I just wanted to try and give a little back.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Loyd
I replaced my front marker lights with LED lights. They screw off counter clockwise. Most likely replacing the water lodged light will correct the problem.
Jesse
Curious what led lights you bought
Old 11-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #1274

Ok so I like a few others have noticed the random and not obvious leak from the front cap light area.

I spent the last 2 days really looking at this recessed lights and here are my findings for my motorhome. The recessed lights on the left and right of the center light are formed in a way that causes them to retain water actually they hold water less than a 1/4 inch from cresting over the hole. On mine near where this water is this a hairline crack. There is nothing sealing these lights they are mounted on 2 metal plates stacked on top of each other with the light twisted in the mounting plate. Meaning they will leak definitely any time the coach is driving in rain will you see the leak maybe maybe not. I think the counter slope of the recessed area will likely determine this in my case these 2 are so close to overflowing it would be hard to image they do not leak every time it rains hard or when driving. The others amazingly even with no seal do not appear to have leaked. The center one showed some evidence but was not wet when inspected.

So here is my solution i went to napa and bought 5 new lights and rubber boots. I tested the boots in each hole even when i dump water in them they ran out the front I could not make them over flows with a stream a water and no light in them. I had to position them so the wire hole was facing at either 3 or 9 on the clock so as to no have them drain inside. I sealed around each with M1 Sealant in Black color. If you read my other post you will see i am a M1 believer and have been using it for at least 20 years.

Though i think the recess look is slight more eye appealing not having to deal with the random leaks worth it in my opinion.

Attached are the photos of after and napa part numbers.

Name:	PXL_20201127_204624428.MP (1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	309520

Name:	PXL_20201127_204454225 (1).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	309521

Tags
winnebago