Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #393

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am glad to hear you got it fixed. I also would like to know how to replace the matrix power supply.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #394

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got it replaced today. once you pull that panel off from above the Matrix box, it just slid out of the metal channel. now where the power supply plugs into is very tight, and the replacement unit is larger. but it works. now to get the coach ready for the trip west
Old 04-21-2016, 08:09 PM   #395

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

I had a problem with the generator not starting due to low voltage. Many thanks to marco1b and Ditto for informing me that Winnebago had a wire rerouting fix. Mark thank you for the detailed parts list.
The positive wire that supplies power to start the generator starts from the 6 coach batteries and travels down the frame 20+' to the coach disconnect solenoid at the left rear compartment 
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461290505.434640.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  57.7 KB
then 34+' to the left front compartment

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461290553.690307.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  61.0 KB
then 7' to the generator.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461290602.964500.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  61.7 KB
This totals 61+' which causes too much voltage drop at the generator.
Winnebago's fix for this was to remove the 7' 4/0 cable with green heat shrink ends from the generator to the lower lug at the front left chassis fuse outer panel.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461290836.497401.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  74.3 KB
Then run a 21' 4/0 welding cable incased with .75 wire loom from the generator down the frame rail to the house battery positive terminal.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461290936.221273.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  73.3 KB
I cut the wire ties where needed and replaced with 15" wire ties where needed. Now when the auto start is set and the house batteries voltage drops to 11.5 volts the generator starts strong.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #396

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought a used 2013 tour qd

A few questions if you would be so kind to answer if you can please. Is there a safe behind the tv by the drivers seat? Should this coach have come with remote door fobs? Still setting at dealer camping lot was going to leave this am but sofa,kitchen slide wouldn't come in at the kitchen end. Any thoughts would be helpful
Thanks for your help.
Bob
Rbeckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckwith View Post
A few questions if you would be so kind to answer if you can please. Is there a safe behind the tv by the drivers seat? Should this coach have come with remote door fobs? Still setting at dealer camping lot was going to leave this am but sofa,kitchen slide wouldn't come in at the kitchen end. Any thoughts would be helpful
Thanks for your help.
Bob
I believe the safe behind the TV is a feature of the Grand Tour. Besides, after buying the coach, what do you have a value to put in the safe? The coach should have come with remote fobs for the entry door and the cargo doors. Re your slide, do you have your engine running (ie, plenty of voltage)? Did you try pulling on the laggard end as the slide is coming in?

Congrats on new coach, and hope you have a lot of fun.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #398

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I have a 2012 Meridian 42E. My galley slide has failed twice. Both times the entire slide mechanism was replaced. The last fix has lasted for about 2 years. I'm gunshy, I won't run that slide out for just a 1 or 2 day stop.
Did it make a noise like crushing cedar shingles when you tried to extend the slide? If so, that kitchen end mechanism has destroyed it's self. if not, it still may have.
I don't want to bust your bubble but if it were me, I would cancel that transaction and run. The good side is that Winnibago has repaired my slide both times even tho it was out of warranty. I would suggest calling Winni customer service Monday morning and tell them about your problem. Maybe they'll help.
Good luck
Old 04-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #399

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Hi Bob
The 2013 didn't have a safe behind the tv. It did come with 2 remote door fobs. The kitchen side of the slide is heavier and is prone to fail first. Could be many things causing it not to move. Motor fail, electrical, controller, motor to shaft coupling broke, worn rack, v-roller failure.
Good that it happened while at the dealer. This slide failure is common and a known problem. Other than and including that I believe you will love this coach.
Jesse
Old 04-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #400

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My slide motor rail finally gave out after 2 1/2 years of traveling. Luckily I had the extended warranty. We still love the coach and the layout. All coaches have gremlins appearing as you drive down the road. I guess it gives us something to do talk about on here. Today my right side outside camera went blank for about an hour. When we stop next place for a few days I have to figure out why the shower drains real slow, and getting worse. Keeps me busy.

Bob
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #401

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
My slide motor rail finally gave out after 2 1/2 years of traveling. Luckily I had the extended warranty. We still love the coach and the layout. All coaches have gremlins appearing as you drive down the road. I guess it gives us something to do talk about on here. Today my right side outside camera went blank for about an hour. When we stop next place for a few days I have to figure out why the shower drains real slow, and getting worse. Keeps me busy.

Bob

Hey Bob
We had the slow shower drain problem. After you remove the shower drain cover you might find something blocking the flow.
Jesse
Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 AM   #402

Winnebago Owners Club
Shower drain is likely due to showering. Hair, etc collects. I used some plumbers helper and all is draining fine.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:28 PM   #403

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Kitchen slide not coming in

Hank you for your helpful ideas, tech came over this am and found a broken tooth in the track. They ordered a complete new slide mechanism. Now the wait begins. Thanks again
Old 04-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #404

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Hank you for your helpful ideas, tech came over this am and found a broken tooth in the track. They ordered a complete new slide mechanism. Now the wait begins. Thanks again

Any update. Did you get the slide fixed?

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #405

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2013 qd slide problems

Thanks for asking about the slide. The coach is still at the dealership awaiting a new slide mechanism. Hopefully this week not good yo buy something then have to wait to use it,better to have it fixed though
Bob
Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 AM   #406

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for asking about the slide. The coach is still at the dealership awaiting a new slide mechanism. Hopefully this week not good yo buy something then have to wait to use it,better to have it fixed though

Bob

Are they putting on the new Powergear system?

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago