Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2023, 05:08 PM   #1891

Winnebago Owners Club
The front fiberglass generator hood is attached to an aluminum frame with mostly epoxy. I noticed additional vibration coming from the generator area. This is what I found to be causing it. The aluminum weld broke.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3922.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	388783
This is the repair:

Name:	IMG_3923.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	388784

Name:	IMG_3924.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	388785

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2023, 10:12 AM   #1892

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just repaired that very same weld-failure. The break (and surrounding surfaces being flat) allowed me to retain the original bracket. I "bridged" the break using a piece of flat stock ... held in place with some good-sized, self-taping screws.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:41 PM   #1893

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Step motor issues…..I’ve tapped on the motor and won’t work. I ordered what I thought was the correct replacement but the gearing isn’t correct on the new motor. I order RV Step Motor 300-1406.
I have searched the forum and I’m not able to find where someone posted the proper part number. If anyone has the number handy I’d certainly appreciate it. Leaving tomorrow for a short trip. 2014 Tour
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:59 PM   #1894

Winnebago Owners Club
This is the step motor I ordered from Amazon, 1 day delivery. Never installed, but received the part but it looks correct. Lippert Components 379147 Motor and Screws (For Kwikee IMGL Step) https://a.co/d/dC90aXV

Can anyone else confirm this is the correct part?
Old 03-25-2023, 01:01 PM   #1895

Winnebago Owners Club
Next problem….I was bringing my generator slide out to access the air line. The slide seemed to slow and then stop halfway out. Now I can’t get it in or out! Is there a fuse that may have tripped or is there a manual release I can do to bring it in? Thank you!
Old 03-25-2023, 01:05 PM   #1896

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridluz View Post
Next problem….I was bringing my generator slide out to access the air line. The slide seemed to slow and then stop halfway out. Now I can’t get it in or out! Is there a fuse that may have tripped or is there a manual release I can do to bring it in? Thank you!
Is the motor engaging? If so, I would lube it first. Same with the step. There are breakers I would check LF bay or LR bay.
WatchMeRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:45 PM   #1897

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Step motor issues…..I’ve tapped on the motor and won’t work. I ordered what I thought was the correct replacement but the gearing isn’t correct on the new motor. I order RV Step Motor 300-1406.
I have searched the forum and I’m not able to find where someone posted the proper part number. If anyone has the number handy I’d certainly appreciate it. Leaving tomorrow for a short trip. 2014 Tour

With the motor off the step moves perfect. With the motor off but connected to electrical it seems to work perfect.
I put the old motor back on and when the door opens or shuts it tries to move the step but stops. Seems like it’s binding somewhere. Could it be in the gearing that the motor is attached to?
Old 03-25-2023, 02:35 PM   #1898

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
With the motor off the step moves perfect. With the motor off but connected to electrical it seems to work perfect.
I put the old motor back on and when the door opens or shuts it tries to move the step but stops. Seems like it’s binding somewhere. Could it be in the gearing that the motor is attached to?

Could be or the motor may be struggling under a load and needs to be replaced.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 03:11 PM   #1899

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Could be or the motor may be struggling under a load and needs to be replaced.
Jesse

Ordered a new motor. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:15 PM   #1900

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeRV View Post
Is the motor engaging? If so, I would lube it first. Same with the step. There are breakers I would check LF bay or LR bay.

Motor isn’t doing a thing. No noises or anything.
It took a while but i cranked it in manually. What a pain. But it’s in. If anyone has any thoughts on the breakers or other electronics that move the generator slide I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #1901

Winnebago Owners Club
Related to the step, I would check the gearbox and make sure it works smoothly. Maybe someone else has some insight into the gen slide.
Old 03-25-2023, 05:15 PM   #1902

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Motor isn’t doing a thing. No noises or anything.
It took a while but i cranked it in manually. What a pain. But it’s in. If anyone has any thoughts on the breakers or other electronics that move the generator slide I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Only other thought I have is to check your voltage. Maybe there are not enough amps in the batteries. Not sure if the chassis or the coach batteries drive the step and/or the generator slide. I checked the Winnebago wiring diagram and couldn't determine if there's a fuse or breaker for the generator slide. Glad you got it retracted.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:23 AM   #1903
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Regarding the steps, check all the teeth on the step and make sure they are all intact. A broken one will cause what you described about halfway and stopping.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:07 AM   #1904

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re: Gen slide.
The drive-motor of the "linear actuator" mechanism has a 2-pin connector about 10" from the motor itself. The connector comes apart easily. You could test to see if 12vdc is present ... when an assistant is pressing the in/out switch. FWIW, the polarity of this voltage flips when the in/out switch is pushed in the opposite direction.
But more importantly: The generator slide mechanism rolls or ball-bearing rollers which are sealed from weathering (probably can't lubricate them, really). But in my case, the carriage of the generator slide was rubbing on one side of the stationary fame ... and with the paint scrubbed-off, was rusting. So rust was grinding against rust and this slowed-down the drive-motor. It got so bad that the linear-actuator screw-drive failed. To make the mechanism slide easier, I removed as much rust as I could (sanded same), then applied some 90-weight gear lube that I had on hand. Perhaps I should have used axle/bearing grease.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago