Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2022, 07:16 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Winnebago Vista 27P Slide-Out Track

We just bought a used 2020 Vista 27P and we're hoping someone can please help answer this question.

On the bedroom slide-out, for the track that is closest to the rear of the unit, is it bowed out by design, or is ours possibly in need of repair? It is curved approximately 3/4"+ out from being flush. It seems to operate just fine without any unusual noises, but then again we are new to this unit so we may just not know what is usual vs. not. It is a Schwintek style mechanism.

All of the tracks on the kitchen slide are flush with the slide, as is the other track on the bedroom slide, so it caught our attention and we wanted to be safe before using it further.

Thanks for any input; we greatly appreciate it!
RajTaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2022, 07:49 PM   #2

I'm not sure how the Schwintek slide run is usually attached to the side of the slide ; bot loose ( bowed out 3/4" ) is not good .

Anything on the side of the slide to indicate a glue has let go ?

BTW: I've seen that look on the face of a black Lab before ; he's saying PLAY !
Old 07-05-2022, 07:54 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No indication of glue coming undone at all. Didn't seem to me that it should be like that but I'm certainly not an expert.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
If that's a Schwintek slide, the track should be attached to the slide with screws. A photo might help diagnose.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:17 AM   #5

I flagged something similar on my coach and dealer called it into Winnebago (supposedly). It is nothing to be concerned about (supposedly).
Old 07-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the feedback so far; much appreciated. Keep it coming!

Will post a picture as soon as I can. The unit is currently in storage but I'll be getting it out soon, hopefully.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajTaj View Post
Thanks for the feedback so far; much appreciated. Keep it coming!

Will post a picture as soon as I can. The unit is currently in storage but I'll be getting it out soon, hopefully.
Please post a picture of both the bowed out track and the one on the other end of the slide so we can see if ; as Lt.Dan has mentioned ; there are mounting screws missing .

Possible mess up on the assembly line.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:50 AM   #8
Official iRV2 Sponsor

that is a slim rack system. It will get some bow. You will have the room not come in on one side or bind up when using. That would be when you need to check for any issues. You can bump the room and that will take the bow out of the track. If the room is moving without popping or binding, then nothing to worry about.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:25 AM   #9

Contact LCI/Schwintek directly. I've found them to be very helpful. They may wants pics. On their website, they also have lots of useful information and training topics. Look under the menu drop down on the left side of the page

Their slide systems are great, but they do require specific maintenance and only one specific lubrication.

https://support.lci1.com/contact?_gl...Y1NzcwMDI3MS4w

Good luck.
Upinsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:19 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Winnebago Vista 27P Rear Slide-Out Track

To all of you that have responded, thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it.

I've (hopefully) attached a couple of pictures of the rear slide, right hand side, that is in question. It looks like the "gap" may actually be by design, but again I'm no expert thus the reason for throwing this out there to all of you. The gaps on the left side of this slide, and those on the front slide, are all 1/2" or less by comparison. This one is around 1-1/4".

I'm also going to contact the manufacturer as one of you suggested, but any further input / feedback will certainly be helpful.

Thanks, again.

--Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-13-22--REAR SLIDE-RT SIDE.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	371262   Click image for larger version

Name:	11-13-22--REAR SLIDE-RT SIDE-3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	371263  

Old 07-17-2022, 01:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajTaj View Post
We just bought a used 2020 Vista 27P and we're hoping someone can please help answer this question.

On the bedroom slide-out, for the track that is closest to the rear of the unit, is it bowed out by design, or is ours possibly in need of repair? It is curved approximately 3/4"+ out from being flush. It seems to operate just fine without any unusual noises, but then again we are new to this unit so we may just not know what is usual vs. not. It is a Schwintek style mechanism.

All of the tracks on the kitchen slide are flush with the slide, as is the other track on the bedroom slide, so it caught our attention and we wanted to be safe before using it further.

Thanks for any input; we greatly appreciate it!
I had a 2019 27PE with the same system. Mine would bow also. I extended the slide and just bumped it toward retract. It would straighten out when the pressure was released. I took pics too but there was no problem with it.
Jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 03:23 PM   #12

The bow is normal on the newer Slim Rack system...free floating tracks vs the old Schwintek rails that mounted flat against the slideout and often got misaligned causing the gears to not mesh.
Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, winnebago