Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2021, 08:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unhappy Winnie Tour/Itasca Ellipse Owners Please HELP!!!

Howdy There gents. I Beg Your Help on This one. Please.

The question is Mainly for Winnebago Tour owners and Itasca Ellipse Owners: I can't, for the life of me, Find the Passenger side (or any for that matter) SLIDE CONTROLLER. I Looked in EVERY CARGO BAY, ceiling and all. I Beg you, pls tell me where it is.

History: After unlocking the (kitchen) slide and pressing the "OUT" (to extend) button, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens, just silence. the System seems dead. The other 2 slides work beautifully.
I did employ one of the fixes, namely Unscrewing the Touchpad and pressing the RESET button behind it. The Slide worked like a charm. But it's been over a month sense I used the slide touch pad, and now it's "dead" again.
I ordered a new Slide controller, But for the life of me I can't find it's location on my rig. LOL. Pleeeease Help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wow, 55 people viewed this post. I guess Myself and 55 of y'all don't know where the Slide Control Modules for a the Winni Tour/Itasca Ellipse are located.
LOL. That's ok I found them. But thanks anyway. At least for viewing my post.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:32 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
So where is it?
Old 08-31-2021, 06:05 PM   #4

My passenger front is in the overhead of the cargo bay over the slide tray on the 42QD
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuperheat View Post
My passenger front is in the overhead of the cargo bay over the slide tray on the 42QD
Oh wow, a reply, I thought no one was gonna answer. LOL. Thanks for your reply.
Yeah I looked in the "overhead of the cargo bay over the slide tray." All I found were 3 white and 3 blue rectangular plastic thingies all very close together to form a Rectangular 6x5 (approx) gizmo with 6 black wires going into it. But that's not it.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #6

Well, I just read your post today and I for one would like to know where you found the controller(s). Please enlighten me.
bigfeather2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #7

We have a 2013 Journey, so I think slides are opposite the tours, but for our big slide, the power gear one, the slide controller is in compartment where the batteries are, we have a electrical panel that has two twist knobs to unscrew, and inside are some large battery cables, and on the back wall is the slide controller
Hope that helps
Old 09-04-2021, 08:11 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid1 View Post
We have a 2013 Journey, so I think slides are opposite the tours, but for our big slide, the power gear one, the slide controller is in compartment where the batteries are, we have a electrical panel that has two twist knobs to unscrew, and inside are some large battery cables, and on the back wall is the slide controller
Hope that helps
Indeed they are. Thanks for your kind reply. God Bless.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfeather2 View Post
Well, I just read your post today and I for one would like to know where you found the controller(s). Please enlighten me.
So if you go to the very back of your rig, on the driver's side, open up the last "door." That should be your ENGINE battery compartment, next to it is the DEF tank. In that same Location is Also a Breaker Panel. Under that breaker Panel are 2 Metal plates (Valances), Screwed in Place. UnScrew those Valances (metal plates) and you'll see all the way in the back, attached to the Wall, 2 Controllers. The one on the left is for the Drivers Side Slide out, the one on the right is for the Passenger side Slide out. In order to get to them you'll have to make you're way through a WEB of wires. Be careful, the Big wire is live and comes from the Engine batteries in the next compartment.
I changed out/replaced one of my Controllers yesterday. It was easy, the hardest part of the job is trying to Work around all those Wires. Since it was a first for me it took about 45 min. You have to get creative pushing and keeping those wires out of the way, and with the Lighting. Had there been no wires there would have been less Sweat and it would have taken only 5-10 minutes.
On the Very low end (good luck finding those deals) I saved myself $500; on the high end: $1700.
The Controller cost $358 on amazon. But I got it at Lichtsinn winnebago for $234.
I hope this Helps. God bless
Old 09-04-2021, 02:08 PM   #10

Did the replacement of a controller do the trick and fix your problem? Thank you very much for passing on your discovery as to the slide controllers.

BTW, I sent you a private email yesterday, regarding the Infotainment System. I asked for your assistance but as I see here you are a very busy guy so I understand the no response. I hope you may have time to answer me now.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Did the replacement of a controller do the trick and fix your problem? Thank you very much for passing on your discovery as to the slide controllers.

BTW, I sent you a private email yesterday, regarding the Infotainment System. I asked for your assistance but as I see here you are a very busy guy so I understand the no response. I hope you may have time to answer me now.
Oh man. You sent me an E-mail? I swear I haven't received it. I looked all through my mail box and all, but I didn't find anything. Sorry. It's very unlike me to not reply. LOL. Me busy? I'm retired and a couch potato.
I haven't had a chance however to test the slides. I'll be sure to post it IF it DOESN'T work. lol. Along with the Slide out controller I bought a Stepwell Cover Motor. Since the controller was only $234 (and I knew I would save at least $500 from the labor) I asked the parts guy at Lichtsinn how much the SWC motor was, he said "$54" so i told him to throw one in the Box, with the controller, and send it. I think one of the MOST frequent malfunctions on a Motorhome is the Stepwell Cover (SWC), mine stopped working. We just were never in a hurry to fix it, it's not really a must have for us. I'm thinking the Gear got stuck (maybe the grease on it hardened IDK), but since the motor was so cheap, I'll just go ahead a change it while I'm at it. And I'll save another $400 doing it. LOL. Don't you love it when you can Sock it to these Greedy repair shops? Anyway thanks for your reply. God bless.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:42 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

So because we had some problems with the Original infotainment system, we had it replaced, with a different brand. We are not really Hightech Geeks (as my son likes to say) so we don't really use our system that much. That's why I'd never get a Newell, Liberty, Millennium, Marathon, Featherlite, I'd never use 1/2 of the Tech stuff they have on it, it would be a waste of money to us, but to each there own. I use my cell phone for 3-5 things, yet I know there are 100s of other things I could do with it and that it's capable of.

But you may wanna give this a Look, maybe it'll answer some of your questions:
https://www.winnebago.com/models/get...-with-rvs/faqs
subject #8 should be of interest to you.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
Oh man. You sent me an E-mail? I swear I haven't received it. I looked all through my mail box and all, but I didn't find anything. Sorry. It's very unlike me to not reply. LOL. Me busy? I'm retired and a couch potato.
I haven't had a chance however to test the slides. I'll be sure to post it IF it DOESN'T work. lol. Along with the Slide out controller I bought a Stepwell Cover Motor. Since the controller was only $234 (and I knew I would save at least $500 from the labor) I asked the parts guy at Lichtsinn how much the SWC motor was, he said "$54" so i told him to throw one in the Box, with the controller, and send it. I think one of the MOST frequent malfunctions on a Motorhome is the Stepwell Cover (SWC), mine stopped working. We just were never in a hurry to fix it, it's not really a must have for us. I'm thinking the Gear got stuck (maybe the grease on it hardened IDK), but since the motor was so cheap, I'll just go ahead a change it while I'm at it. And I'll save another $400 doing it. LOL. Don't you love it when you can Sock it to these Greedy repair shops? Anyway thanks for your reply. God bless.
I sent a secure email so as to safeguard your email address, I'm sure it would have been a notification from Irv2 and not from my email address per se until you accepted it. Anyway, I'll post my need for all to see and maybe get lucky to have someone such as yourself to reply. If I learn how, I'll alert you to my post so you can opt-in if you choose. I have a full day tomorrow (Sunday) so I won't post until late Sunday for sure. Thanks again for your kindness and experience. I'm sure we can exchange some info from time to time.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds great bigfeather Thanks.

Tags
itasca