Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winnie TOUR Radio/GPS/DVD/Rear-Camera

Again: New rig for me. Really enjoying the 1.5 bath and the Aqua-Hot heating system.

But at the driver's dash postion:
The large-screen, multi-function monitor/computer is rather clunky. One complaint is that a single pressing of the smart-wheel's "CAM" button (designed to advance the monitor-screen to the rear-view camera) is unpredictable. Press the button ONCE and it is Russian Roulette as to what screen-presentation you will actually get.

Anyway... Enough bitching about that. My question is this:
When using the turn-signal, this large-monitor immediately shows the associated left or right camera side view. Very nice. **But** when cancelling the turn signal, the monitor does not return to the rear-view camera presentation, but rather the radio (if you were listening to the radio) or to the CD-player (if you were listening to an audio-book, for example). To return to the rear-view camera view, I must press the "CAM" button (see my rant above). So my question: Can I program this "computer" to return to the rear-view camera by default?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
You will need to go into SETUP on the main screen and set your defaults to camera. I actually have my little screen set to rear view camera all the time and my big screen is set to NAV, so when I use the blinkers it shows the left or right and when I cancel it goes back to the NAV
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks. I'll look into this soon (the rig is in storage).

Any thoughts on my 'rant' on the CAM button (smart-wheel button) performing poorly/unpredictably?
Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, the button cluster on bottom of the steering wheel is powered by a separate battery check it. It is a inferred remote that sends to a little round receiver on the lower steering column about 6 inches off the floor. As for the NAV monitor unit it is very complex and you would be best served to download and read the manual. You should also keep your SD card which is below the DVD slot up to date. I have been in the same coach full time for the past 18 months so if you have further questions don't hesitate to PM me.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Regarding the center button cluster......also keep in mind the IR beam will not interact with the eye when the wheel is turned. It simply can't see it. This may explain intermittent action to repeated pushes of a button until the wheel is again at center.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Checking back in with you guys....after a couple months of ownership:

1) My ability to set the rear-camera as the default (on my big screen) works only if I am not using the DVD/CD player (listening to audio books....which is done often). When the ignition is first turned-on (engine start), then I can proceed to force the rear-camera as the default. But as soon as I begin listening to a CD, the 'default' becomes the CD interface (showing chapters, etc.). When turning the engine OFF, I must re-instruct the system to make the rear-camera view the default. Stated differently: The desired default setting does not "survive" a power outage (i.e., the ignition being turned OFF). Oh well.
1a) My small video/camera display (which does default to the rear camera at all times) is too far down and to the right. I cannot look down and safely interpret what I am seeing on that small boy, thus that small video-screen is more than worthless, it is dangerous. I'm thinking of relocating it to a higher location. Investigations to follow!!
2) About the smart-wheel "CAM" button... You guys gave good advice about how it works, etc. But when depressing the CAM-button, I am still experiencing what is essentially a double press of the button. The display systems beeps twice and shifts the main display from CD-player to the rear camera (the first beep), but the second beep immediately causes the rear camera display to return to the CD-player display. Then another CAM depression brings up, successfully, the rear camera display. In the electronics-design business, it could be said that the CAM-button on my RV needs to be "de-bounced" (using a Schmitt trigger circuit).

Tags
camera, gps, radio