RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

04 Mountain Aire inverter

Don't have any idea on how to turn on or use inverter on 2004 mountain aire. Any help appreciated

mcheck815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcheck815 View Post
Don't have any idea on how to turn on or use inverter on 2004 mountain aire. Any help appreciated
I'm not familiar with the '04 but noticed that you have not received a reply to your question so I'll at least try. You're asking a very general question and I will assume that you are looking for the "on/off" swittch.

On the later model RV's, Newmar will place the (Magnum) inverter controller in the over head cabinet in front of the drivers seat. Push the inverter button and it should light for you. You may also want the check the reset button on the inverter which is normally located in the storage bay between the frame rails.

lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

Not sure how similar your 04 MA is to my 03 Dutch Star but will provide what I know. My control panel is in the front overhead on the passanger side along with the side control tank monitors etc. It is in the upper right hand side. Has an on off push button. When on mine shows a couple lights, one for battery voltage and one for current draw. As the previous post said there is a resent button on the inverter in the bay next to the batteries. The inverter also has a power switch so be sure it is on to power the remote panel in the overhead. The inverter will supply 120v to most of the 120v outlets when not plugged into shore power by using the batteries.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As above, I have a different model, 05 Kountry Star. Mine has 600W inverter that operates the front receptiveness behind the driver's seat, plus TV and entertainment center. My inverter is located in the Storage bay on the passenger side, behind the read wheels. There is an on/off/remote switch on the inverter. If you choose remote, my coach has a small panel on the bedroom wall on the left as you enter. It is just a small push button with a light to let you know it is on.
Mike

Tags
inverter