Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
’05 Mountain Aire DP Dash Cover

The dash in our 2005 is faded and could benefit from a quality dash cover/carpet.

While at this year’s Quartzsite show we stopped at a Shade Pro dealer. They had two versions of dash covers listed for the 2005 Mountain Aire DP – one for two vents and one for four. Not sure how many dash vents we had we went back to where our coach was parked to do a count before ordering. It turns out that our dash has 18 small vents stretching all the way across the dash.

I phoned Shade Pro’s office to ask. All they could suggest is that they could ship me a paper overlay and nobody had any direct knowledge of what would fit. Unfortunately we were leaving that location the following day and our wonderings don’t have a much in the way of a travel plan and planned stops where a “pattern” could be shipped.

Does anyone with a 2005 Mountain Aire DP, or similar coach with multiple vents holes all across their dash, have a dash cover and could you provide some input on a make and model of cover that would fit?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
The dash in our 2005 is faded and could benefit from a quality dash cover/carpet.

While at this year’s Quartzsite show we stopped at a Shade Pro dealer. They had two versions of dash covers listed for the 2005 Mountain Aire DP – one for two vents and one for four. Not sure how many dash vents we had we went back to where our coach was parked to do a count before ordering. It turns out that our dash has 18 small vents stretching all the way across the dash.

I phoned Shade Pro’s office to ask. All they could suggest is that they could ship me a paper overlay and nobody had any direct knowledge of what would fit. Unfortunately we were leaving that location the following day and our wonderings don’t have a much in the way of a travel plan and planned stops where a “pattern” could be shipped.

Does anyone with a 2005 Mountain Aire DP, or similar coach with multiple vents holes all across their dash, have a dash cover and could you provide some input on a make and model of cover that would fit?
I'm just going to take a wild guess here but you are counting the vents at the front top of the dash where the windshield is that are for the Defroster and they are talking the vents that are in the part of the dash the faces you as in A/C vents.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I'm counting the slots across the top of the dash, just below the windshield as these are the ones that would be covered by the dash cover. The dash cover would not come down the front pf the dash where the vents are located. As a side note, our dash has five vents along the front which does not match the two or four vent descriptions either.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 2004 MADP and have been looking at ShadePro covers as well. I remember thinking that it wouldn't really matter to me if or how well the vent holes lined up because I never use the defrosters - I only ever use the overhead blowers.

Just wondering if the vent holes not lining up perfectly would be something you could live with? I know that, for me, the vastly improved appearance of the dash would far outweigh the misaligned vent holes.

Just a thought

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Chianese View Post
I'm just going to take a wild guess here but you are counting the vents at the front top of the dash where the windshield is that are for the Defroster and they are talking the vents that are in the part of the dash the faces you as in A/C vents.
We have a 05 Kountry Star DP with multiple air vents. Shade Pro did send a paper pattern of the dash cover to check the fit. The fit was not bad so the cover was ordered. However, when it arrived the quality of the sewing was VERY BAD they used a zig zag stitch over and over. It was not neat. They did not use a double stitch. Not happy and sent it back. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM
Beowulf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf2 View Post
We have a 05 Kountry Star DP with multiple air vents. Shade Pro did send a paper pattern of the dash cover to check the fit. The fit was not bad so the cover was ordered. However, when it arrived the quality of the sewing was VERY BAD they used a zig zag stitch over and over. It was not neat. They did not use a double stitch. Not happy and sent it back. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM
You may try Covers by Josie as advertised in the FMCA magazine! Had my 2000 Mt. Aire done years ago and was pleased with product and price !
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
You may try Covers by Josie as advertised in the FMCA magazine! Had my 2000 Mt. Aire done years ago and was pleased with product and price !
Actually its called Dash Board Covers by Josie !
Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
Thanks, I've left a message with Dashboard Covers by Josie to get delivery timing and pricing. Hopefully they'll be priced similar to ShadePro.

Tags
dash