Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #15

Lloydu On the A/C -Heater control the temp buttons for up and down are the ones you hold down for 5 sec till ff shows on the display. That clears the control box and then re-set your control to see if that works. It has worked on our Essex and I have shared with other Newmar owners and sometimes this will get all units working again.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
Lloydu On the A/C -Heater control the temp buttons for up and down are the ones you hold down for 5 sec till ff shows on the display. That clears the control box and then re-set your control to see if that works. It has worked on our Essex and I have shared with other Newmar owners and sometimes this will get all units working again.
Didn't know that truck Tom, thanks
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
I can't seem to do what you describe. Are these the same multiplex screens you have?
Lloyd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3009498287.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	56436   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2912546450.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	56437  

Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Update:
Interesting turn of events.
1. The ATS is ok and the Progressive Industries hard wired surge protector was the problem. Had it in my last coach and had it moved to the Essex by the tech at the dealership. It previously caused me to blow 2 capacitors/surge guards and one board (ouch!) in the Splendide W/D of my last coach and guess what.....it happened to the Splendide in the Essex too! The PI apparently had a loose neutral (according to Tommy at PI who will send me a new connector and some wire). Pulled the PI and temporarily using my old portable Surgeguard. Will wait until we get to Portland to have the great staff at Westland Sales attend to the Splendide 2100. I take back all the bad things I said about the brand. 😜
2. The D/S bedroom lockups weren't working because of a faulty magnetic proximity switch under the bed. A few well placed taps got it working again but I will order a new one from Newmar tomorrow.
3. Zone #2 is working again now that the electrical problems have been eliminated. Sooooo nice to have shore power again.
4. Now interested in solar for the coach. Fascinated by the writings of Handy Bob on the Internet. His perspective on the present industry makes one think about the competency if so-called experts. Good reading.
5. Thanks to all who helped. Still can't figure out the tank calibration. 😜
6. BTW-can anyone share the sequence of leveling? It was very quick and easy with my old Monaco 10 airbag system but this combo air/hwh system has me confused. It has not automatically leveled the coach satisfactorily yet.
Still learning.
Thanks!
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its good to hear you are making progress on items that have been bugging you, Lloyd.
Auto level there is a thread someplace we have to find for calibrations and auto level does not do good on uneven surfaces and leveling needs to be done manually.
Here is a thread found in QT's # 3 that might be a start for auto operation you have to read through it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Just as a suggestion....when I installed my HW50 I used blue Lock Tight on the screws to eliminating them coming loose and causing the problem you experienced. Blue Lock Tight, JB Weld and duct tape stay in my tool box
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Update:

4. Now interested in solar for the coach. Fascinated by the writings of Handy Bob on the Internet. His perspective on the present industry makes one think about the competency if so-calThanks to all who helped. Still can't figure out the tank calibration. ?de1c
6. BTW-can anyone share the sequence of leveling? It was very quick and easy with my old Monaco 10 airbag system but this combo air/hwh system has me confused. It has not automatically leveled the coach satisfactorily yet.
Still learning.
Thanks!
Lloyd, glad the problems are being solved. You well probably get more comprehensive answered from others but here is what I know and understand.

The 2 leveling systems are essentially independent of one another. For quick temporary leveling the Hadley system will help you seek level ground and then air level for you (it will also allow you to raise and lower your coach in case you need to duck under something or keep the coach from dragging).

The HTH system is the Jack leveling system(as you know). Once you have found your piece of paradise and press the auto level button (I have to hold mine pressed for several seconds before it starts to work). The system will dump your air bags then begin the leveling process. My instruction say that you have to press the auto level button twice but mine doesn't seem to work that way. When you are ready to leave, press and hold (for a few seconds) the auto store button and the jacks should retract.

I would be happy to send you scans of the instructions I have.

Steve

PS on solar, I too was chomping at the bit to purchase a bunch of panels, the folks at AM Solar talked me out of it and I am glad they did. Our camping style over the past year would not have justified the expense.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #22

Try one of these for your leveling problems. If you run the generator slide out and look at the controls above the steps you'll see a clear box for your jacks and you can adjust the level sensor there. They sensor is spring loaded and take a beating riding where they are. Instructions should show you how to adjust.

Look at page 13 on the 2000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH 2000 operators manual.pdf (588.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: pdf HWH Biaxix 625 manual.pdf (1.47 MB, 24 views)
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the links Pilatus and welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your stay.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote