Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #29

Sounds like you got into one of the diagnostic modes by pressing and holding the tanks button too long (8+ seconds).

One thing to try in a last resort is to power cycle the system by pressing the store button to shut everything off and then the use button to turn everything on.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 03:25 AM   #30

American Coach Owners Club
Just passing on a note about PRS Electronics that they have closed there business. I had tried to contact them as we are close by and that was the response I got from them and to contact Newmar for support or parts.
And all systems seem to be working normally at this time.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is an Essex, that is silver,light grey and dark grey sitting in Lone Wolf Creek Rv Village in Colorado City at the end of the first row. Just curious if it is someone on here.
Now that we are no longer in an Essex, we are seeing them.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #32

Hello all, I came home tonight and coach was hot. (It's south Texas and we're already hot and muggy) eplex is black on both screens. No power to them. I have AC to coach as refer is working and is only powered by AC. All 12v systems seem to work except water pump. It will not come on. I checked house batteries for water level. They were a little low but not bad. I topped them off anyway. I full time and no AC here is a bad thing. Doesn't help I'm supposed to leave on a trip in the coach this coming weekend. Anyone have any ideas? I will be on the phone to Newmar first thing in the morning.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
HiBypass (you must have been a jet driver at some point) sounds like you lost power to the Eplex system. If you want to check, get a DC voltmeter and go behind the Eplex screen in the bedroom cabinet. Pull the plastic cover off to get to the back of the unit and check for around 12V DC across the two wires plugged into the back. The Eplex uses just two wires for DC power as well as the control data. I bet you will find a blown 12V fuse in the feed to the master Eplex up front. Newmar should be able to tell you where the Eplex fuse is located.
If both the main and bedroom screens went black at the same time it is very likely that it is a 12V supply prob and not a failure in the Eplex itself.
If I were you, I'd get a Dometic 5-button thermostat to be able to plug it into the data line that controls the HVAC. The Eplex interface is model 360ACI and is located in the cabinet over the drivers seat behind the switch panel. You just unplug the RJ-11 cable from the module and plug it into the Dometic thermostat then follow the Dometic instructions to program it. At least you'll have A/C control. Good luck.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #34

Thanks for that help! Should any RV parts supplier have that controller? If so, do you have a model number?

P.S. You hit it right! I'm a corporate aviator.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:21 AM   #35

So update to problem, found the power issue to be an inline fuse in the outside control panel in the power cord compartment. After restoring power, I now have 2 errors. Module 20 (which appears to be block heater) and module 30 which I have no idea about. Called Newmar for 10th time and was told to pull wires on back until error goes away. I had to pull 3 wires. In doing so, I also found I have one blade broken. This is getting really frustrating!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
If you order from Newmar it is Item #45935 "Control Comfort Center-5 button". They charge about $165 + shipping. You can find them on Amazon and eBay for a lot less. What do/did you fly mostly?
Old 05-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
Good news for E-Plex owners! I ordered a new 360ACI module from Newmar, installed it and the A/C came back to life after doing a 'Program All' operation. So that's good, but maybe more important is that I got a new Dometic Comfort Control Center AKA a multi-zone digital thermostat and installed that on the wall of the storage shelf directly under where the touch screen is and moved the 360 ACI next to it so to go from E-Plex control to thermostat back up control all I have to do is pull the RJ-11 data cable (black, looks like a telephone cord) from the 360ACI and plug it into the thermostat and it works like a charm, full climate control functionality. Yay! IMPORTANT-you have to use the older Dometic CCC unit that is referred to as a '5 button thermostat'. The newer CCC2 WILL NOT work
Archer, I'm getting mixed results on the domestic thermostat. Everyone says theirs are digital. Will that work? Do you have a model and or picture of the one you're using?
Old 05-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
If you order from Newmar it is Item #45935 "Control Comfort Center-5 button". They charge about $165 + shipping. You can find them on Amazon and eBay for a lot less. What do/did you fly mostly?
Well we were typing at the same time. Thanks for that info!
Old 05-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #39

Found the part a little cheaper at a camper supply store up the road. Won't be in until tomorrow though. I'll update when I get it installed tomorrow on how it works.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:13 PM   #40

Thanks to Archer and a neighbor of mine, I now have AC again this evening. Neighbor loaned me his spare Dometic 5 button thermostat. Plugged it in, a minor program, and Voila! Cool air!!

Next is figuring out what to do about the eplex controller. Thinking I'll be sending it out to be repaired, replaced, or ??
Old 05-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #41

I am interested in getting the dometic controller as a backup. Is this the one you purchased?

http://www.amazon.com/Dometic-310922...PDKIKX0DER#Ask
Old 05-30-2016, 07:52 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
That looks like the one I bought. The other style with the circular LCD display will definitely NOT work.