Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #1

06 Newmar Essex -refrigerator by Frigidaire

I have a 06 Newmar Essex and the Frigidaire unit is not working. I have electric light to the freezer section but no light and no power to the LED display on the refrigerator section.
Does any one know how to test the LED display?
I removed the LED display so I could test power going to LED but couldn't get reading.
Freezer and fridge section not working.
would appreciate any help.
thanjs
titanic1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2015, 01:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Hopefully someone who owns one will post soon, but in the meantime, usually fridges have some service info tucked into the kick plate at the bottom of the fridge, that may give you some troubleshooting hints.

Good Luck!
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi titanic1912,
I think you have an all electric coach. This means you have a residential fridge. For me, I'd start by ensuring there is power to the fridge. Find the outlet the fridge is using and determine if there is power at the outlet. Next would be to determine if there are fuses or breakers, somewhere in the fridge that would prevent the unit from working.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Google the fridge model # and see if you can find any diagrams for internal electric's.
Try PDF form of spec.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have an 2006 Essex, all electric and my Frigidaire just died. Had it replaced with a s/s Kenmore (counter depth). Unfortunately, the repair outfit had to go through the windshield for the swap out. Haven't seen the bill yet nor received delivery of my coach so I can't comment on how the new refer is working out. I hope it will run okay on the existing MSW 3000W Magnum.
Sorry I can't help you with the wiring but if you need to get a new refrigerator you can PM me. I pick my coach up next week. Good luck.
Lloyd
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #6

Frigidaire frig

Thanks Lloyd
I have an appointment with Giant rv
for monday. I'm glad I have Cornerstone insurance. I paid 10k when I purchased the RV but have gotten my monies worth.
I've had quite a few things go wrong but insurance has taken care of it.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:13 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm curious. Please post how the fix turned out.
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 AM   #8

well the Frigidaire has been acting up again. sometime it works sometimes it doesn't.
I check the transfer switch and it has a little burn spot
Old 10-12-2017, 06:59 AM   #9

I don't know how to post the pics but not sure if this is my problem. replaced the 50amp head on the service it was burnt due to arcing I guess. I had the touch LED controller replace 2 years ago. any help would be appreciated
Old 10-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
With all the arcing going on you may have some major problem with your transfer switch, take a look.
With a 06 coach or any coach its nessary to check all wire terminal locations in the TS, load center, Gen and maybe your 12v fuse panel feeds.'
Vibrations over time traveling can loosen up screws and cause major problems and fires.
The fridge outlet if exposed to weather through side wall vent connection can become corrosive and cause intermittent problems.
All the links below in my signature have links to many problems solved for your Newmar and this one is exclusive for ESSEX owners.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #11

We have a 04 Essex which has the same body as your 06 and in 2010 we went with 22 cu. ft. Kitchen Aid. I did it myself and by taking the doors off was able to get the Norcold out and R-Fridge in by removing window behind driver's seat. Lot more work to remove windshield plus the chance of leaking.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #12

I took the freezer back panels off exposing the evaporator the fan wasn't working so the took the wiring harness off and reconnect ed. Fan started but when I just touch the fan it stops and when it does restart just touching the blades stops the fan. just wondering if this is the problem.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:09 AM   #13

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanic1912 View Post
I have a 06 Newmar Essex and the Frigidaire unit is not working. I have electric light to the freezer section but no light and no power to the LED display on the refrigerator section.
Does any one know how to test the LED display?
I removed the LED display so I could test power going to LED but couldn't get reading.
Freezer and fridge section not working.
would appreciate any help.
thanjs
I have a 2007 Essex with the exact same problem.... help?
MIKENMICKEYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, refrigerator