Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
07 KSDP Lateral slide movement

I had to make a long down a steep mountain, emergency stop.
At the destination, the passenger side (kitchen slide) would not extend. When I looked at the reveal, the edge gap on the upper right hand side was gone. Obviously the slide had shifted during the emergency stop. After several different attempts we finally did get the slide out.
My question for the group is; how could I have repositioned the slide before burning up a controller trying to get it out? Plastic pry bar?…..some kind of spacer, now that it is opened and repositioned correctly?

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2021, 09:09 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Would backing up and doing a quick brake application have shifted the slide enough to free it?!
Old 10-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
I had to make a long down a steep mountain, emergency stop.
At the destination, the passenger side (kitchen slide) would not extend. When I looked at the reveal, the edge gap on the upper right hand side was gone. Obviously the slide had shifted during the emergency stop. After several different attempts we finally did get the slide out.
My question for the group is; how could I have repositioned the slide before burning up a controller trying to get it out? Plastic pry bar?…..some kind of spacer, now that it is opened and repositioned correctly?

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations
You actually get a lot of movement between the slide outs and the coach when you level. I would suggest manually extending front versus rear / right versus left, etc. while someone watches the "reveal."
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
DJJ

I found myself in the same situation a few years ago. Both of my slides were forward in their box, the space between the slides and the RV was gone.

I put some blocks under the front jacks and raised the front of the RV so it had a pretty good slope to the rear. Ran both slides out then leveled the RV. Pulled the slides in and they were both back to being centered in their box. Gravity instead of a pry bar.

This was on a 2003 DS.

Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #5

As others have said, leveling it probably would have shifted the slides.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide