Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #1

1/2 Bath Pad Switch

Good Morning Everyone,

On our 2015 Dutch Star, We haven't camped to much during the winter but wanted to ask if anyone knew for sure what position the Heat Pad Switch needed to be in in order for the heat to he on. I could not tell from power consumption whether it was on or off?
Thank you and all the best to you all,

Jeff and Lynn
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #2

Since you haven’t gotten a response yet. It is my understanding that the heater button on the pad turns on and off heat only to the 1/2 bath. If on you should see the small green dot illuminate.
Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong (which isn’t infrequent).
Old 10-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #3

Thanks for that but there is no light of any kind on the switch. I did watch the power management system to see if there was any change in the amps.
A light would be useful, that's for sure
Jeff
Old 10-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #4

I think that I read on the forum that the heat pads is thermostatically activated when the switch is on and a low temperature is reached...and the circuit breaker is closed.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Might be wrong but on mine there is a switch that says heat in the 1/2 bath, and what it does is turn on the fan for the hot water as it circulates through that room from the furnace when it’s running and heating. It’s not electric heat, it’s just a 12volt fan like the rest of the furnace system. It’s usually warm enough in there without it.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #6

Good Morning Again,
I have done some more research with Newmar and it turns out the Switch in the half bath in the DSDP 4369 labeled "Heat Pad" controls power to the heat pads under the Fresh Water, Black and Gray Tanks. Maybe this switch could be replaced with one that had a small LED indicator which would be a helpful reminder. For now, with the top part of the switch depressed the heat pads are on! Power can also be isolated in the breaker panel!
There we go!
All the best,
Jeff and Lynn

Tags
switch