RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to paisleytime
1/2 bath toilet vent

My half bath toilet has an air bubble when flushing- splatters a bit. MB is fine. Tank is empty- not a factor. I did recently replace a broken vent cap on the roof-assuming itís for this toilet. How do I troubleshoot this issue?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2020, 05:52 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had this problem....it was from a clogged toilet.

I used one of those unclog wands and solved the problem, which was caused by too big of a wad(s) of TP being flushed.

As an FYI - my toilet is gravity fed.

Good luck...

g

Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #3

1/2 bath toilet problem

I posted a month ago on this but didn't get much response or answers. My VTLE DP 1/2 bath bubbles up and splashes a bit when I flush. Master is fine. The bubble means there's a splatter and DW hates that. Of course it doesn't bother me too much ;-)....

Tank is empty/near empty, no clog in the 1/2 bath toilet drain, it is a direct connection to the black tank, slight bend only. I called Newmar and they suggested i stick a hose in the black tank vent on the roof, which I did. It drained a high flow of water to the black tank fine and had no impact on the issue, still get a bubble on flushing.

Newmar gave me a drawing of the plumbing system which i'm attaching. Their suggestion was stick a hose in the roof vent, that there's a venting issue. Since that didn't work, I'm at a loss why the 1/2 bath has a venting problem but the master doesn't and the toilet itself has no clogs. Any new ideas on this? Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 17 VTLE 4044 DRAIN PLUMBING.pdf (35.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Take a look at the vacuum breaker #4 and the duck bill #12 in the diagram below. That vacuum breaker may be your issue.

https://marinesan.com/masterflush/ma...uchpad-series/
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:33 PM   #5

Thanks Don, great idea. I tried to call Dometic for help but just missed the cutoff so will try again Monday. I have no idea how i can access these parts without physically removing the toilet itself.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #6

Since I REALLY want to avoid the trouble of removing the toilet to access the components Dutch Star Don so kindly suggested I review, I dug around the internet and found suggestions that hi volumes of water down the offending toilet might diminish any "piles" in the tank related to the issue. I grabbed a 5 gallon water bottle and did 3 rounds and the problem is better. Good enough for now that DW thinks it's acceptable. Job done for now but we'll see how things go. Thanks for your input folks.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #7

I would remove the new vent cap you installed, then flush the toilet to see if there is any difference.
Is the 1/2 bath toilet a straight dump down into the tank while the other toilet runs through a hose to the tank and dumps at a slower rate?
The straight dump toilet needs to eject air from the tank just as fast as the water goes down the tube. If it doesn't, the some air will bubble back up through the water. I suspect the new vent cap isn't venting as fast as is needed.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #8

Thanks Alank, my vent is straight shot to the tank. I used a Camco generic replacement that seems to fit with pretty good clearance but i will play with that to see if it has an impact.

Tags
problem, toilet, vent