Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! That's it, I've had it. 10" more snow today. A huge storm is coming in on Sunday. It's only early December. One week and counting until we leave for Florida for a month. But, I gotta come back, IN JANUARY.

Here is what I need from you folks:
1. Someone to buy my business for more than it's worth.
2. A great school for the kids in Florida or any state South of the Mason Dixon
3. Something to do. I'm a notorious Type A and not ready to retire.

If you could please provide the following by January 15th it would be quite helpful.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! That's it, I've had it. 10" more snow today. A huge storm is coming in on Sunday. It's only early December. One week and counting until we leave for Florida for a month. But, I gotta come back, IN JANUARY.

Here is what I need from you folks:

If you could please provide the following by January 15th it would be quite helpful.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
You need someone who likes to Ski, but lives in the south to swap with you.
Years ago we went to Burmuda for a winter break from snow and our business, (can be cool there in Feb but nice) The staff in the Hotel couldn't believe we would leave upstate NY in the winter. They headed there to ski every year.
I 've go ten + inches of snow and more to come also.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
No comment.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is a need for a campground around here.

There is very little available.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Dirk,

Have looked into that. Problem w/Florida is that Real Estate is worth more than a campground business can generate vs. housing or commercial.

One of the KOAs in the keys sold for $20m for condo development. That campground size and business model anywhere else should have sold for around $3 - $4m. i.e. the real estate value far outweighed the value of operating income potential. Even if every site were full every night.

Also, as I told Bob, the cheapness of a customer is directly proportional to the market value of their coach and inversely proporional to the number of children in that coach. You then have to factor in that they will cause brown outs from power usage. (PETER) This doesn't bode well for Florida campgrounds.

I have the formula written down somewhere. I'll have to submit it to a university sometime and get my dissertation out of the way.

BTW, I have kids but, I'm a worst offender in campgrounds. I got all I need in the coach. I also frequently get comped as an owner.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You are quite right considering the prices around here.

However, you don't have to go too far inland and there are acres and acres of open land.

But, if it was feasible, it would probably already have been done.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Scott, you will be happy to know the changes in my life mean I would now be welcome in your campground.....Trouble is, I'd not be welcome in my own park....

Grandkids in the summer months aren't shunned, as there's NO ONE usually here anyway...

The median age of the residents in the park where I own the lot is pretty old.....That's why for instance they welcome Dirk there and not necessarily me....

NY is a long way away for a restaurant owning family to travel in an RV, so don't fill those scoop machines on my account....
(Adrienne went through a ton of $5 in Branson at the National Rally....she LOVES those "scoop the animal" machines.)

BTW....just for reference, the lot Dirk sits on usually rents for $1500 in season and they fill 'em up all season long.
Someone's definitely out there....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you could please provide the following by January 15th it would be quite helpful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, Scott, I'm all over it! We really don't need to worry about "brown outs" in FLA., the grass has already passed that point.
You'all may be wondering why the Lug_Nut is still in Winterville. I ain't got to water no stickin' grass, not so much like not wantin' no stinkin' badges.
My gosh, need to get south!

Peter
Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW....just for reference, the lot Dirk sits on usually rents for $1500 in season and they fill 'em up all season long.
Someone's definitely out there.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, Your lot looks beutiful, and I know the campground. However, lesser lots are available all seasons, and I mean on short notice. Last year, during boat show time (when hotels go from $250 to $500 a night) I called and got a 45' spot quick. Nothing as nice as youres, but don't fall for that "we are booked stuff:. And remember, last year was busier than this in all likelyhood.
So, no insult, but Bob, you're not in Kansas anymore.

Peter
Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, I rented a 40' lot last season for $900 a month and knew of several others which were available...

Only thing is here's what my coach and Hummer looked like on that 40 foot lot.
The lots in the rear are much deeper...

Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #12

You're right Bob. That looks like the one I had, or near that anyway. The rear of the coach was over hanging the lake/pond and parking the toad was a real challenge.

Peter
Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here is what I need from you folks:

If you could please provide the following by January 15th it would be quite helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. If you have 10" of snow, your campground is worth about $1.85. My check for $2.00 is in the mail.
2 and 3. (This is the neat part) The best teacher is by example, so YOU home school them! This giges them the highest quality education AND gives you something challanging to do.

Your wish is our command.

Ken
Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Careful Ken....he might take you up on that offer...

Home schooling is certainly the way to go for an avid RV'er....more and more folks are heading that way.

Scott, something to do? Are ya kidding me?

I've never BEEN so busy!!

There's my 6:30AM five mile walk, followed by a quick shower and a light breakfast at the restaurant, then newspaper time on the porch and perusing the forums and online newspapers, then some errands in the morning...
Around lunchtime I head to the golf club, where I hit some balls on the range and then play 18 with my brother and some buddies...

Not a bad week!

Not a golfer? How about boating,surfing,swimming,surfing....even shopping!

I'll leave the light on for ya!