Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
1998 Dutch Star entry door trim/seal

I'm a newbie to the RV club and my first purchase was a 1998 Dutch Star by Newmar, I have a whistle when I'm driving and there is a slight wind coming in from the entry door and I'm sure its because the outside door trim/seal is torn a little and the inside door trim/seal is also in rough shape. My question is where can I go to order the seals or trim? I have tried the Newmar parts page and it only goes back to 1999 and even searching that I can not find the correct trim and I have been trying to call their number for well over a month off and on and all I get is a busy signal, also I've tried ordering from camping world and well that's a whole new story so what are my options I'm getting ready to take a long trip and I really don't want the whistling. Also can anyone tell me where the cab AC charge valve is located? I have traced it from one end to the other and I haven't found it but I'm sure its there. Thanks in advance for any help
lejamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #2

And the Newmar family.
Haven't looked for the door seals myself. My air leak at the entry door , tracked down to the stationary glass having come unglued from the frame ; only held in by the outside rubber trim.

I have not dealt with this company , I came across the web site while looking for other parts , but maybe they have what you need.

RV Parts and Motorhome Parts Online Outlet - RV Windows
Old 07-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
And the Newmar family.
Haven't looked for the door seals myself. My air leak at the entry door , tracked down to the stationary glass having come unglued from the frame ; only held in by the outside rubber trim.

I have not dealt with this company , I came across the web site while looking for other parts , but maybe they have what you need.

RV Parts and Motorhome Parts Online Outlet - RV Windows
I see where they offer doors, I would think they'd have to have the door gaskets/seals also.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2.
Here are a few links for door gaskets #1--- #2--- #3
Here is a Brochure and Owners Guide.
If you have a rattle may want to take a look at this------ or door adjustments.---or maybe it could be this, all these links are from QT's # 3.
Below in my signature are QT's links with more info for your coach.
Enjoy the forum and welcome to the Newmar family.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the reply, I was able to track down the door manufacture from some of the links above and hopefully I can get them to help me Monday
lejamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here are two numbers at Newmar you can use. Their customer support is great. Don't understand why you kept getting a busy signal. Two things to remember: Eastern Time Zone and they're Amish (start work early).

1 (800) 731-8300

1 (866) 290-5371

Also have you serial number available to give them when asked.

Good luck.

FMCA Local Chapter Secretary - Bay Area TravelerS (BATS)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
i got what i needed at auto zone. thay sell universal automobile door
gaskets. most have a peel and stick glue eazy to use worked great.
also rv parts stores. i checked and they carry them but had to order
but had a dispay to look at and see shapes / sizes
ps. rv tech told me to try auto zone.
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, dutch star, seal