Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2023, 09:21 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2003 Kountry Star Switch operation

As I am going through the new to me coach and working out the bugs, I can not find anything that explains what some the switches on the interior of the coach are supposed to actually do.

Many of the switches are labeled but some of the acronyms don't make sense to me or what I think they should do they don't.

For example there is a switch next to the passenger chair that is label interior, but doesn't seem to control anything on the interior of the coach. The other switch that says porch puts power to the light above the door location and that makes sense.

Is there a link or does someone have anything explaining the switch operation.

I am sure there are some burnt out bulbs but some of the bulbs I have already replaced I can not figure out how to turn them on, or possibly there are bad switches.
43JOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2023, 10:07 PM   #2

The " Interior " switch is an on/off for a couple of ceiling lights ( they have to be on at the fixture ) so you have access to interior lighting when on the stairs entering a dark RV.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:34 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
The " Interior " switch is an on/off for a couple of ceiling lights ( they have to be on at the fixture ) so you have access to interior lighting when on the stairs entering a dark RV.
That's what I thought, there is a light over the chair behind the passenger seat that only works from the switch at the fixture. The "interior" switch doesn't seem operate it, but probably should.

Its possible the switch is bad, one of the switches for the spot light over the table needs to be replaced as well. I will check that out tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:29 PM   #4

I just got a "new to me" 03 Kountry Star also. The switch for the light above the chair is on the wall immediately behind the chair in mine. I also have switches I don't understand.
tnt9516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:10 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt9516 View Post
I just got a "new to me" 03 Kountry Star also. The switch for the light above the chair is on the wall immediately behind the chair in mine. I also have switches I don't understand.
I think I have most of them figured out now
Found the one for the security light on the passenger side above the sink on the bottom side of the cabinet. The drive side security light was up in the control center.
My light behind the passenger seat appears to only be on the switch at the light.
Some items only work when the coach is running, for example the overhead blowers which I assume are to defrost the window.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:40 AM   #6

The , " reading Light " sometime referred to as a " map light " for the passenger may also be operated from the headlight switch , by turning the dash light adjustment all the way up .

The auxiliary overhead fans are to aid the dash defrost clear the top side of the windshield.

Tags
switch