Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #1

2004 Dutchstar 3812 TV removal

Anyone know how to remove the front tv from a 2004 Dutchstar (Model DSDP3812). I have contacted Newmar and asked with no success. They said I should "probably" remove two screws from bottom of cabinet and "probably" a couple of screws from the side of the cabinet in the frame. Removed the two bottom screws and couldn't find any side screws long enough to go through the frame. TV still solid as a rock, can't move in any direction. Looks like it is attached at the top but tell for sure since the top gap is only about 1/8th-3/16" wide.

Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
dutchstr3884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2014, 03:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In QT's # 3 there are TV to LCD conversions with pictures and different TV removals that may help.
Here are some pictures from one of them " TV TO LCD CONVERSIONS" section.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchstr3884 View Post
Anyone know how to remove the front tv from a 2004 Dutchstar (Model DSDP3812). I have contacted Newmar and asked with no success. They said I should "probably" remove two screws from bottom of cabinet and "probably" a couple of screws from the side of the cabinet in the frame. Removed the two bottom screws and couldn't find any side screws long enough to go through the frame. TV still solid as a rock, can't move in any direction. Looks like it is attached at the top but tell for sure since the top gap is only about 1/8th-3/16" wide.

Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Since I did not plan on reusing the old CRT, I took out my Sawsall and cut the screws off. Even after cutting them off and getting the old TV out I was not sure how they did it the first place.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #4

In my 2003 there were the two screws in the bottom and one screw on each side that went in throught the cabinet on each side. The side screws were sunk in below the surface and I had to look a little to find them. Then you can pull the wood trim straight off from around the TV. Had to work at the trim some as it was a tight fit with wood tabs that went back inside by the TV. Then as I recall there we a couple screws at the top that became accessable once the wood trim was off.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #5

Thank for the info

Thanks for the replies.
AZDave I will look at my coach again. There were two screws (under snap-caps) on the bottom and I found one sceew on the right side (looking at the TV). I took it out but it didn't seem long enough to go into the TV. It probably went into the face frame tabs you are talking about. Now I will have to find the screw on the left side. Hard to see in there since the left side cabinet is at a angle.
Will let you know.
Thanks again,
Old 09-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
2004 Dutchstar 3812 TV removal

On my 2002 Mountain aire the 2 screws in the bottom went into blocking that extended from the face trim.
Once these were removed you pull the bottom of the trim out then the trim will pull down from 2 pins that go towards ceiling.
Not sure if the dutchstar is the same. Wish I took pictures as it was not what I expected once I got the trim off.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #7

THANKS!! Your suggestions and comments did the trick. Especially the pictures found in the link provided by "007". (Here are some pictures from one of them " TV TO LCD CONVERSIONS" section.) One of my side screws was discovered by feel only as it was around the corner in the driver's side cabinet. Side screws did not have to be totally removed. Only backed out enough to clear the inside tabs.
Again, thanks to a great group and a fabulous blog site. Lots of knowledge out there.

Tags
removal