Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2005 MADP AC roof drains?

Does the 2005 Mountain Aire have internal AC drains for the roof AC units or is it supposed to drain out over the roof and down the sides? Ours drains over the sides and I was hoping I could eliminate the eternal dripping down the sides. Thanks for your help.
Grwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Rick, you should have water gutter's that run front to the rear of the roof and when leveled properly the water should drip off the rear water channels. Have you been up and looked at yours to see if they are blocked and over flowing?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Haven't been up on the roof in a while. I know we're down a bit at the front so that will likely account for the drips off the front of the gutters. Being lazy/complacent when leveling does make a difference. Thanks for the advice. I'm the cause of my own problem. LOL
Grwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Mine (I assume) was setup at the factory when it auto levels itself to drain the a/c water off the drivers side rear along with rain water unless it rains hard then both rear channels run water. Did you use the auto level or did you do it manually?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #5

American Coach Owners Club
My 2005 MADP 4304 has internal drains. Open your engine compartment and as you are looking in at it the drain lines are on the right hand side and have the ends crimped to keep bugs out. They are in the right rear corner. When I am level I have virtually zero water dripping from my coach anywhere except out the drain lines.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I learned something again today, Thanks Mrchips! Rick might have the same system as you and his are plugged of and the pans in the A/C systems are over flowing onto the roof. Let us know what you find out Rick.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you do find drian lines as discribed and no water coming from them than you need to take covers off AC's and check to see if they are plugged.
AC's with out them have drain holes in AC base, for roof top draining, that plug at times also and water collected in drip pan will be blown into the ceiling duct work and drip through your ceiling.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #8

I have a an 05 madp we also have internal drains one of mine was plugged I blew air grow the bottom up and cleaned them but you have to be level for them to work

Tags
roof