Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2019, 08:39 AM   #1

2006 Mountain Aire 4307

Folks,

I'm Tom, and kind of new here, though I have been reading a while, I haven't posted too much. Anyway, we have a deal on the house, time to get ready to retire. This Saturday we are going to look at a 2006 Mountain Aire 4307 with the bath and a half. I've talked with the current owner, and he seems like a guy who has really kept after the maintenance and dumped some money into the coach while he had it. From your experience, is there one or two things, specific to the Mountain Aire, that I should be looking for when we take a good look at it on Saturday morning? If we go forward to purchase, after we close on the house, I'll find a local inspector, of course. But at first look, what should I pay attention to???

Thanks in advance,
Tom in Okeechobee, FL
TractorTom01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:31 AM   #2

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think the 2006 MA has dual-pane windows. And if it does, examine all of them for "fogging." When the seal between the two glass panes fails, you get "fogging" between the panes -- which you can't clean without taking the windows out, disassembling them, scraping the old sealant off, cleaning the panes, re-sealing, and re-assembling and re-installing the windows.

This can be quite expensive. And worst of all there appears to only be one place in the entire country that repairs and cleans dual pane windows and then gives you a lifetime warranty on the repair. Lucky for you, that place is in Florida!

Otherwise you're looking at something like $3,500 - $4,500 to clean and repair existing windows (with only a 1 - 2 yr. warranty), or around $10,000 to replace your windows with single pane "laminated" glass (non-insulated) which comes with a lifetime warranty. The company that does that also has a branch in Florida.

I knew the 2008 KSDP we recently bought had a few slightly fogged windows when we bought it, but I didn't realize at the time how expensive it would be to fix them. And now I'm told that I've waited too long to fix them and that the glass is probably permanently etched and will have to be replaced -- which of course costs a lot more than cleaning and re-sealing. And it takes longer too as the new dual-pane (or single pane) glass has to be custom cut to fit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Tom to the forum & irv2.
Here is a link that will cover many things for information and things that can wrong with any Newmar coach.
Many of the links within it will lead you to items that can be corrected by yourself or give you a good knowledge of what needs fixing by dealer or repair man so you know if they are trying to lead you astray.
Many of the answers are from the good people on this forum or irv2, I just compile to one location for reference for people.
Brochure --- Owners Guide --- PDI LIST -- All the links below in my signature have answers for you also.
Here are some links to pay close attention to, the owner may not even know about them unless he has been on this forum, the motor bolts are a big problem these days not so much with older coach's since 2005-6 but should be checked, heaters furnaces covered in big thread.
Good luck with your PDI with owner.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air