Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Just left the show - 3 days of soere feet, hot, sweaty bodies, and more RV's & RV stuff in one place than I could imagine. We camped with the Newmar Kountry Klub and had a ball - what a great bunch of RVers. Walked through the Mountain Aires, Dutch Stars & Essex's, leaving drool spots on most coaches (also leaving with a severe case of sticker shock). My impressions are that most of the coaches are being shown with 2 couches, rather than a recliner. And my DW said there is much less storage space than our KSDP. The bath & a half is a nice touch, and the switch to all-Spartan chassis is a good deal with the independant front suspension.

Got a lot to dream about.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Just left the show - 3 days of soere feet, hot, sweaty bodies, and more RV's & RV stuff in one place than I could imagine. We camped with the Newmar Kountry Klub and had a ball - what a great bunch of RVers. Walked through the Mountain Aires, Dutch Stars & Essex's, leaving drool spots on most coaches (also leaving with a severe case of sticker shock). My impressions are that most of the coaches are being shown with 2 couches, rather than a recliner. And my DW said there is much less storage space than our KSDP. The bath & a half is a nice touch, and the switch to all-Spartan chassis is a good deal with the independant front suspension.

Got a lot to dream about.

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:44 AM   #3

To; DOC MARK;

Unfortuately, the current economy and ever escalating feul costs, a lot of people will be giving up the rv lifestyle or down-sizing. It's not what we want to hear but I fear it's true.

Although no-one wants to take advantage of someone in this situation, we have to remember they need the $$$.

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of ads for slighty used and used rv's.. I hope I'm wrong.

So , be patient and search but try not to take ubdo advantage of anyone.

Hope this info is helpful..

Thanks===== AJBJRVERS
Old 01-22-2006, 02:54 AM   #4

I don't know that the fuel prices will cause the majority to get out as fuel is such a small part of cost of ownership. The fear of fuel shortage like what happened in '82 might have more affect on buyers and would cause used prices to fall rapidly. Hopefully we will not see that happen again in the near future. The price of fuel however has probably helped slow the new sales which may cause an increase in used.
Seeing the attendance at the Tampa show supports the idea that the interest and desire is still alive. But for those looking for deals on good used units, I think there are always great buys out there and you're right, some people just have to sell, but that's nothing new, it happens all the time.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lug_Nut:
Seeing the attendance at the Tampa show supports the idea that the interest and desire is still alive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The desire to RV and the implementation of that desire is alive and well here at Lazy Days. The Rally Park appears to be constantly sold out at this time of year and they tell me there's little if any room at the Crown Club campground. There are lots of RVs here with sold signs in the windows. I would say at the very least the traffic here has been heavy.

You can't sell RVs unless people come shopping and lots of folks are shopping. If the lunch line here is any indication of how many customers are buying I'd get to a dealer near you and get yours before they buy them all up.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #6

It was wonderful to see Lew (Digital Boy)and Sima at the show. They where manning their booth A3. It has been awhile.
Lazy Days has been packed for the past week.
True the Crwon Club has had overflowing response during the dates of the show. There was a SE American Coach Rally at the same time as the Tampa Show.
I was fortunate to slip into CrownClub site #2 on Wednesday for a week to tweek the coach and than back to Fort Wilderness.
There does not seem to be any reasons for not making a new years purchase on the high number rigs at LD or the Tampa Show. The SOLD signs have been abundant at both locations.

HAPPY TRAILS,
Jimmy, Chimmy and MILO
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #7

Hey cuz...glad you had a good time at the Tampa show. We walked our feet off at the Alemeda CA show the week before. Actually went twice! I didn't see as many sold signs as I expected (and I was looking for them) except for one dealer who had 4 sold signs on disimiliar units. I wonder if he was trying to portray success the way we used to at Boat Shows...

The house is going up this next week and we are still clueless about what we're going to do...5er, Class A w/toad or a TT on the back of old smokey...

Re-tredded Newbies lookin' forward to seeing the USA at a more leisurely pace!
Horsevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #8

Its a known fact that they do quite abit of shilling at the RV Shows-----i.e.: display a SOLD sign on a couple of units---to instill interest in their other units or one just like that back at the dealership LOL