Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2007 Essex E-Plex problem

Hi, late Feb we had the eplex controller and the zone modules replaced. Picked the coach up and headed north to Washington. No problems while traveling. Zones 1,2&4 heat pumps worked fine. It was much colder in Wa. So switched over to the furnace and aqua hot system. First night all was fine. Second night zone 3 which is the back bathroom in the model 4508. The blower was coming on and then going right back off. I climbed out of bed and checked the Eplex over the drivers seat and zone 3 inside was registering >500. I shut it off and it dropped down to 117 and stayed steady. Last night it registered about 78 on inside which appeared to be fine. Turned on the furnace, never came on though zone 4 &1 were doing their job. This morning z3 was showing 98 degrees while Z4 &Z1 were holding 68 and 70 respectfully.
Has any other essex or I suspect mountain air owners have this problem? Any input will be greatly appreciated. I would love to get my hands on an Eplex manual if there is such a thing. I'm not sure what model we even have. I'm not impressed with this system as it has been a bear to even figure out if it is working. Again Thanks for any help or suggestions. We love the coach and only have two more things to get fixed. The two burner stove and a leak that has occurred in the corner of the drivers window. I will keep looking for fixes for them.
lady puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
There is E-Plex information in QT'S # 3, Newmar battery & wiring system section, and if its reading high in that zone is the heat sensor located on wall or maybe dropped down the wall.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There is a little plastic thing that I suspect is the heat sensor that is placed on the underneath side of the medicine cabinet. I have read everything in the Qt's #3 section on eplex. Not even knowing the model number makes finding any thing to relate to difficult. I have sent an in query to customer service at Newmar to see how they respond also. I hope others that may own an Essex in the age bracket of ours might have experienced this problem. Again IRV2 has provided a ton of information and every person that I meet I tell them about this great website.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK try this and see if it helps---- COM_NET ---- TECH INFO --- ELECTRICAL --- MULTIPLEX ELECTICAL SYSTEMS --- E-PLEX INFORMATION--- and see if all that page helps you out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
007, thanks ever so much. I looked at the com net site and I think there are at least 2 down loads that might help. Least there is a manual for the eplex there and one on trouble shooting. This might be a project for the techs at Napanee, if we ever get there.Again thanks
Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #6

Lady Puffin. I would suggest 2 things
1. Make sure the temperature probes are clean. Just blow out or vacuum the gridded cover.
2 trace the temp sensor wire back ( about 6 inches) to make sure the connection is tight where it joins the harness.

If all else fails try disconnecting the bedroom monitor. You will need newmar to reprogram it. The symptoms you are having are similar to what happened to me and it was the rear monitor that was causing the temp settings to scroll wildly

Wish you luck - Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Give support a call, had that problem with zone 1 had to get a new temp probe about 100.00. Easy to swap out 2 wires with spade connectors.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Steve & iron man,
Service said to unscrew the temp module and let it hang down. Then see if it takes care of the problem. I'll try all of your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #9

Thanks for the follow-up Puffin. Hope it cures your issue
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote