Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

2007 Kountry Star sink covers

Hello,

We're just about to sign and purchase the 2007 Kountry Star that we've been eyeing for the last month. The current owner had originally told us that he had the sink covers, but turns out he doesn't!

Newmar informs me that they don't have that Corian anymore :(

Do any of you have the covers that they either want to sell (probably not), or could have a template made?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Nic
vavroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #2

1) Which model 2007 KS do you have? Different models have different sink arrangements.

2) I seem to have one original and one replacement sink cover in my 2008 KSDP 3623. Both are the correct Corian pattern and color, but one has a dull finish, so I'm thinking it's not original.

3) I don't like them! They're very heavy and no way I'm going to cut on one with a good knife. So I plan on maybe keeping the smaller one, but replacing the large one with a proper Polyethylene cutting board -- cut to the exact same size and shape. Or I might replace both of them with custom cut Polyethylene cutting boards. In fact, that's probably what I'll do as it's much more practical for me and the way I use the galley.

4) No matter what I do, I will keep the originals (sorry about that). But if we have the same sinks, I can trace mine and mail you the tracing -- and you can use that tracing as a template.

5) Let me know your KS model number and your overall sink cut-out dimensions (simple overall length and width). If your sink appears to be the same size, I'll make and mail you tracings. But don't hold your breath. It's currently 102° outside and my coach is in an indoor storage facility a half hour drive away from home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:29 PM   #3

Thank you WoodyS

1) Model 3910

3) I'm not planning on using them as cutting boards. I was a chef by trade when I was younger and someone then tried to convince me that Corian made great cutting boards - I don't think so!!! Great way to kill your knives. Loking mainly at having more usable counter top space when not using the sink(s).

4) That would be most appreciated if they are indeed the same size/pattern. Thank you.

5) Thank you. I don't have access to the moho right now - we haven't finalized sale, so I can't get measurement of the sink. But I'm making a note to come back to you when I do (looking at a couple weeks - hopefully by then the heat will have abated somewhat!

Cheers

Nic
Old 08-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I have a 07 KSDP Model 3912.....I’ll make you a template
Old 08-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
I have a 07 KSDP Model 3912.....I’ll make you a template

Thank you!

I'll DM you my address
Old 08-04-2018, 11:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavroom View Post
Thank you WoodyS
1) Model 3910
4) That would be most appreciated if they are indeed the same size/pattern. Thank you.
Nic,

I just looked up the 2007 KSDP 3910 floorplan. That galley is different than mine. But although the galley sink is reversed from mine (mine has the large sink on the left), the overall dimensions might be the same.

Let me know when you actually get the coach and are able to measure.

Since you haven't actually been in the coach, you might not realize that they came with a flush fitting Corian cover over the range top too. So if you're not using the stove top, with that cover in place, you have a lot more food prep space. Asking a chef to not use the stove is probably a little silly. On the other hand, if you'll be grilling outside, then maybe you can use the stove top space for more prep room.

And although I can't see it in the floorplans, some of the galleys have a folding shelf next to the sink that flips up for more counter space. My KSDP 3623 has the flip-up shelf next to the sink and I leave it up almost all the time -- except when the main slide is in. Flipped up, it's also flush with the counter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #7

Woody,

Thank you.

Yes, I've been in the coach, three times. I wouldn't purchase sight unseen without a test drive

The stove cover is there and goes a long way to have usable bench space.

I spent some time talking about this with my wife. Likely end up getting solid wood cut to fit in the sink.

Thanks again!

Nic
Old 08-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi,
Whatever you use, do not leave them covering the sink during travel. During a panic stop (or worse) they become flying missiles. If you do not know where to put them, put them in the shower.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
There are several RV salvage yards around the country that sell parts.

Some have hundreds of late and older models. All of them have websites, but they don't list everything they have in the yard, and as you want a specific color, I would call each of them. All salvage yards ship.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #10

Gary, thank you for that advice. It's something we'd been wondering about - the weight of the Corian vs the weight of wood or polyethylene. We'll make sure to stow them away.

Craig, thanks for that suggestion. My wife has been scouring all the website from salvage yards - didn't realize everything wasn't listed. Might have to spend some time on the phone
Old 08-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi,
Whatever you use, do not leave them covering the sink during travel. During a panic stop (or worse) they become flying missiles. If you do not know where to put them, put them in the shower.
Really? They can jump up over the sink lip groove, and then over the 1.5" high backsplash too? So far that's never happened, but we haven't put that many miles on ours since getting it.

Yikes. I never thought of that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi WoodyS,
Yep
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover